German Mirror Mercs (PR 22 vs PR 20) {RE}

United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

German Mirror Mercs (PR 22 vs PR 20) {RE}

Post by site »

Disclaimer: These are not ego recs, these are recs which I would like feedback and critique on. Help me refine my form. :)

GG's @ashvin :love:
Attachments
[RE SP] site[GE] vs Octanium[GE] - ESOC Arizona.age3yrec
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
ESOC Arizona
ESOC Arizona
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 8 minutes
[RE SP] site[GE] vs Octanium[GE] - ESOC Klondike.age3yrec
(954.54 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
ESOC Klondike
ESOC Klondike
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 16 minutes
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Re: German Mirror Mercs (PR 22 vs PR 20) {RE}

Post by Ashvin »

:(
you embarrass me
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

site wrote:These are not ego recs

Nope
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by site »

*sigh*
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I'll take a look when I have time, if I don't forget

EDIT : you should say if it's EP or RE somewhere in your post btw
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Kaiserklein wrote:I'll take a look when I have time, if I don't forget

EDIT : you should say if it's EP or RE somewhere in your post btw

nooooo please noooo. DO NOT WATCH IT !!!! YOU'LL DIE IN 7 DAYS IF YOU DO!!!
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by site »

It says RE at the end of the title. Which may not be the most noticeable of places.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Ok so, I'm watching the recs, and I'll just write here some random comments, in the chronological order of the games.

Game on Klondike :

- I like that you decide to go for a TP when you notice the 40w in your base. But on klondike, I'd strongly advise to rather go for a market, because there is an insane amount of beavers on the ground. You should be able to collect 100+ gold worth of beavers every game (unless you play vs sioux or sth). Actually, you'll be most likely to get the 175g you need to buy 100w in market + get hunt dogs, which is really good. Just go next to the TPs, that's where the treasures mostly spawn.
So, just put your 3 SWs to chop 50w (don't herd with them it's wasted, use the first vil instead), and get market asap, and with gold treasures you should be able to get hunt dogs really fast (you can start it at 30 sec in the game or so). Then with the beavers, + if needed a few SW on coin, buy 100w for a house. This way you'll age with 17 villagers with less than 5 seconds idle time for sure (700+ food at the 17th vil out).

- Which leads us to a problem : your age up time. You idled a bit your tc when you chopped for a house, and you didn't herd your first hunt as well as you could have. This, + the early TP, means you had 550f at the 17th vil out at 3:05, instead of the 800f you could have at 3:05 with a market. And instead of queuing another vil, you decide to idle your tc until 800f. A general rule : if you have under 600-650f at the 17th vil out, go for 18 age up, otherwise you idle your tc for too long. See here, you clicked age up at 3:28, which is approx the same time as a 18 vils age up, except you had only 17 :/ you basically deleted one vil here. People tend to underestimate the impact of age 1. How would you feel if you accidentally deleted 1 vil in age 1 ? You would probably just resign and rehost. Well, here you did the same, just you probs didn't notice it. Try to care about your age 1, it can win games tbh.

- About your scouting pattern : as I said, most treasures spawn close to the TPs. So just follow the tp line and grab all interesting treasures (beavers, 40f, 40w when you have a crackshot) as fast as you can. Here, at 4:00 in the game, I see there are still 3 beavers, 2 food treas and 1 wood treas left. There should be nothing left. It's small, but it helps ; it's a total of 140g 80f 40w, which is really not nothing (and I didn't even take the xp treasures into account).

- I wouldn't go forward saloon when I train comancheros. You get 5 comancheros out at 6:40, when one could already have 8-10 dopps or so, = rip saloon and rip control of the tp line, most likely.
I also wouldn't mix pistoleros, because they're bad. Comancheros have bad stats, but at least they're goons, so they're a pretty nice unit to have in a colonial war. But pistoleros will lose to dops and bows, they are mostly useless.

- Why ship 700g when you already have 1000g ? :( especially when you still have 3 sw to send. I would just send those guys and gather food for age up. Because of this mistake, you start stacking obscene amounts of gold (2k+) and age up much later than your opponent. Also I'm not sure about those 3 TPs without stagecoach, it sounds like overkill to me. I'd either keep only 1 (or 2 max) TPs, or then get stagecoach and try to get the full line for myself.

- Why build a rax when you hit age 3, when you have jaegers in the saloon ? I would get a stable for veteran uhlans and train uhlans as well, and mass jaegers/manchus next to it. Skirms don't make much sense when jaegers are available. Especially when you then ship 9 + 8 uhlans, veteran uhlans are more than needed. I btw don't really approve of those shipments (especially 8 uhlans), I think you should send the adv mercs card instead, because it's mostly what makes mercs strong (20% 20% upgrade).

Game on arizona : not much to say about this game, it was really short. But you didn't really do any big mistakes, so it's fine.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by site »

Very informative, thanks Kaiser! The age 1 stuff made sense. My thought process was that age 1 TP is more beneficial than treasures. Considering how much gold there is on that map though, it would make sense to go market.

What about on a map such as Great Plains? If it's a 100w start and I have a wood treasure in or near my base should I crackshot and start TP on that case?

I felt like he was going to ship BlackRiders because in past games they've raped me every time, so I decided I should make skirm ASAP. Jaeger plus merc card and dropping stable made sense. I won't be getting any vet ups out of a rax so why drop it.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

On Great Plains you always have nice beaver treasures, making it almost always worth it going for a market, unless on a 200w start.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

site wrote:Very informative, thanks Kaiser! The age 1 stuff made sense. My thought process was that age 1 TP is more beneficial than treasures. Considering how much gold there is on that map though, it would make sense to go market.

What about on a map such as Great Plains? If it's a 100w start and I have a wood treasure in or near my base should I crackshot and start TP on that case?

If you have 50g worth of beavers, then you can go market on 100w 300f start and have around 700f when the 17th vil is out, which is really not bad. If you have less, going market might make you age up a bit late. If you have a big wood treasure, you can go for either TP or market, depending on the match up.

site wrote:I felt like he was going to ship BlackRiders because in past games they've raped me every time, so I decided I should make skirm ASAP. Jaeger plus merc card and dropping stable made sense. I won't be getting any vet ups out of a rax so why drop it.

Why would he even ship blackriders when manchus are in the saloon ? I mean yeah, you're right he did it, but he shouldn't have. Regardless, jaegers are just superior to skirms. And yeah, veteran uhlans is a must when you ship uhlans