Critique my rush gameplay

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Critique my rush gameplay

Post by fightinfrenchman »

As you know I'm mainly a treaty player but I want to get more into rush. I beat someone around my level but I clearly made a lot of mistakes, I would like some higher level rush players help me figure out ways to become better.
Attachments
[RE SP] FightinFrenchman[FR] vs CalvinTheCruel[GE] - Great Plains.age3yrec
(497.54 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Great Plains
Great Plains
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 16 minutes
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Re: Critique my rush gameplay

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Here's another I just did
Attachments
[RE SP] FightinFrenchman[FR] vs Fauzer[DU] - Great Plains.age3yrec
(462.63 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Great Plains
Great Plains
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 14 minutes
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Ok before analysing the game I have to mention this :
With france you get different crate starts.
1.200 wood and food start-> you build 1 trading post and chop 100 wood with 3 cdb (french villagers) to make a house
2.100 wood 100 coin and food start->you build a market and either chop 50 wood and gather coin until you have 175, then you buy 100 wood for a house and with the rest you research hunting dogs, or chop 150 wood and gather 50 gold from the starting crate.
3. 100 wood and food start->you build a house and nothing else!

After you stop gathering gold and wood for the above mentioned purposes, gather only food and age when you gather 800 food. You should be queuing villagers all the time and not sacrificing them for a quicker ageup time, unless you have 750 food or something really close to the 800 food goal. You are always aging with the 400 wood politician.

If you have not built a market in the beginning, do so in the transition to the colonial age. If you have not build a trading post in the beginning, do so in the transition to the colonial age. You usually have to put 9 villagers on wood ( thats what I do) to 1st build a trading post if you havent, then a market, then research hunting dogs and then placer mines. Gather 125 wood as well for researching steel traps in the colonial age.

When you are aged up, you have to decide what you are going to do. You can either build 1 barracks/stable and 2 houses and ship 4 cdb (more economic build) or build 2 military building (x2 barracks or barracks/stable) and ship 700 wood for the purpose of making houses for the army. Usually, you queue 1 musketeer and 1 hussar/2 musketeers, one from each barracks and make the houses just before they get trained so that you have time to train the whole batch. If you think you can not do thish, then delay the unit batch by a bit. You must have 6 villagers on gold and the rest on food most of the times, 4 on gold and rest on food if you are starting with 1 barracks musketeers and 7 on gold rest on food if you are starting with 1 stable hussars.

Military unit shipments are in general worth less resources than the other shipments (crates/villagers). Thats why you should be only using them when you think you can harm your opponent less that they can hurt you with their use(for example if you are rushing him and think you can army,units,buildings that make up for it or you are getting rushed and the enemy is sacrificing his economy to harm you and you can use the shipment to counter the aggresion.

You should keep making villagers (here cdb) no matter what. It helps you economy by a lot.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Also, try doing this strategy, it is the most basic french strategy viewtopic.php?p=98009
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Yesh, about what tdere said about making a decision once you hit age 2. You seemed caught somewhat off guard by some pretty terrible hunts. Age 1 sets you up for age 2 (obviouslhy). So that means you should have scouted around a little more in age 1 to find the location of the second hunt and then think about while your aging up how you want to go about securing it. With the kind of hunt you had at this level of gameplay age 3 pretty much goes out the window and you should be thinking immediately of your age 2 "agenda". Once you do hit age 2, send 700w and slam down a barracks on the far hunt you've found and try to shoot it back closer to your base. When the 700w arrives you will have many options. You may want a stable and barracks or double stable. You really want to spend the 700w fast and effectively. If you don't have an age1 market start get the market and hunting dog upgrade. Also secure a tp, you should have more than enough wood.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums