AraGun vs n0el recs Insight Tournament

India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Re: AraGun vs n0el recs Insight Tournament

Post by gh0st »

Jerom wrote:
gh0st wrote:Well, If n0el would have had any problem/distraction from other people talking, he would have just left the discord channel, right? So, if he isn't complaining himself why some other people are? and as far as "helping n0el" part is concerned, I seriously don't think that's even the case. It was just a bunch of people talking and having fun.
btw wp aragun.

He didnt seem to be looking to play overly serious so thats probably why he didnt leave. It was probably fucking distracting though.

Ofc it would have been distracting, but my point is, Its his problem and if he dint complain or leave the channel why some other people are complaining that it was distracting him. He was just having fun!
And yea we can debate if this shouldn't be allowed from now on, but its just not a big deal.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Jerom wrote:Anyways I dont think someone talking about how a build order/match up works can realistically be disallowed, because in practise its always possible to get someone to secretly coach your pov so you can never even catch it, which is why it should be allowed.

Well the issue is not coaching in general but coaching when the coach can see the stream with a small delay. I'm not saying it was necessarily an issue in this series, but talking to someone who can see the whole map is obviously not something that should happen. Even comments like 'this is probably over' can affect peoples decisions.
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

Coaching is allowed. It's up to the player if they want it or not as it can be distracting. So long as there is no actual cheating going on (not saying that there was at all.) I regards to vil locations, unit composition, etc. However, that coaching needs to be from the POV of the player. Not the POV of the stream. Otherwise you are actually having someone stream snipe for you while you focus on the game.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

yeah - pretty much right on the spot @Britishmusketeer
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

britishmusketeer wrote:
Jerom wrote:Anyways I dont think someone talking about how a build order/match up works can realistically be disallowed, because in practise its always possible to get someone to secretly coach your pov so you can never even catch it, which is why it should be allowed.

Well the issue is not coaching in general but coaching when the coach can see the stream with a small delay. I'm not saying it was necessarily an issue in this series, but talking to someone who can see the whole map is obviously not something that should happen. Even comments like 'this is probably over' can affect peoples decisions.

Which is why the stream should have had delay. Who knows, maybe aragun just opened up the stream on the side and actually cheated?
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

advice didn't really matter and i think i had more stream delay than the real stream anyways. if you were watching my stream I ignored most of it and was very tilted after the lag got awful. i don't think i'd have decided to keep playing in a series like this in the future.
mad cuz bad
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

n0el wrote:advice didn't really matter and i think i had more stream delay than the real stream anyways. if you were watching my stream I ignored most of it and was very tilted after the lag got awful. i don't think i'd have decided to keep playing in a series like this in the future.

Why did you ignore my advice noel, I'm a mad genius.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

britishmusketeer wrote:

we werent actually watching the official stream because it had a french caster and was at 5fps
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

This sounds like bad judgement from almost everyone involved. Live and learn.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I am not accepting the judgement that my judgement was bad.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Jerom wrote:I am not accepting the judgement that my judgement was bad.

Completely irrespective of any issues about watching the steam at the same time ...

I would never talk to someone during a tournament game for $$$ whether they claim to care or not. You already admitted yourself it was counterproductive i.e negatively affecting noels game. (Or could be argued positively, but either way impacting the results.) I'd consider that poor judgement.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Oh no, I judged the same. I wasn't willing to leave the channel coz I was having fun. So it's good judgement being ignored. Also I wouldn't care negatively affecting n0el's judgement much.

Tbh the problem is no stream delay, you cant prevent people from talking about a game in a discord channel and players could always join that discord channel secretly. All problems are removed when you add a delay.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

cmon @jerom if you where aragun - you would be furious as he is :unsure: Everything was wrong with this game ; to little delay, to bad graphics, lag, whisper in one players ear that could have been game changing.
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by site »

Yeah, I apologize for the quality. That was short notice and we didn't have time to prepare, but if we didn't do the game we would have missed the deadline and had to resort to an admin win.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I really appreciate you tournaments @site - but I think you should make sure that its not lagging and that the graphics are decent :P
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

iwillspankyou wrote:cmon @jerom if you where aragun - you would be furious as he is :unsure: Everything was wrong with this game ; to little delay, to bad graphics, lag, whisper in one players ear that could have been game changing.

I'd hardly have been furious given what happened, which was noel getting distracted by a bunch of guys specifically not mentioning anything relevant but just commenting on things that happened 30 seconds ago. It seems more likely that Aragun actually streamsniped tbh.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

That's probably why it lagged so bad tbh
mad cuz bad
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Jerom wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:cmon @jerom if you where aragun - you would be furious as he is :unsure: Everything was wrong with this game ; to little delay, to bad graphics, lag, whisper in one players ear that could have been game changing.

I'd hardly have been furious given what happened, which was noel getting distracted by a bunch of guys specifically not mentioning anything relevant but just commenting on things that happened 30 seconds ago. It seems more likely that Aragun actually streamsniped tbh.

1. "you would not get furious" I would say - depends on whether you win? (or not :cry: )
2. you say that what happened 30 sec ago doesn't matter? How often do you switch places to hunt for your villagers? :?
3. Sarcastically, almost accusing Aragun for streamsniping is "one under the belt" - IMO :mad:
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by site »

Thanks for the support spankie.<3 I'll work on making sure all videos are good quality.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Jerom wrote:It seems more likely that Aragun actually streamsniped tbh.

What are you basing this on? I mean most people don't stream snipe out of personal integrity regardless of delay so i'm just curious as to the reason.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

britishmusketeer wrote:
Jerom wrote:It seems more likely that Aragun actually streamsniped tbh.

What are you basing this on? I mean most people don't stream snipe out of personal integrity regardless of delay so i'm just curious as to the reason.

Well n0el streamed his games so you can check if he actually did streamsnipe or get tips from the future which he didnt. For araguns case, we cant even know, maybe he got angry and thoughts n0el was getting actual advice so he streamsniped himself or sth?

I mean, for all I care the only problem is that there wasn't any delay. For the rest I notified n0el and the rest in the discord that we could actually see everything real time or very close to real time (something I dont think n0el planned out in advance, he even set up quite a big stream delay of a minute on his own stream for integrity purposes) and then he said please don't say anything so nobody actually did say anything. I don't know why aragun is making a big deal out of this. I also don't know why he's threatening me with shit.
No Flag ProjectW
Musketeer
ESO: ProjectW

Post by ProjectW »

dont care as long as i get quality entertainment / drama / games to watch