Tournament Rules & Discussion

Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Re: Tournament Rules & Discussion

Post by sebnan12 »

from the players that joined the tourney i cant see any top 4 player missing that is currently playing.. u do?
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Netherlands Veni_Vidi_Vici_W
Lancer
ESO: ramex19

Post by Veni_Vidi_Vici_W »

K let me elaborate a bit more.

I just quickly looked at the signup list, I dont see a Garja, TLS, or Irish for example. And where is Afdafda?
Sure most of the current good players are signed up, but that doesnt change the fact that I believe for them as well it should be top 4 paid, the pool is big enough. I believe it just makes it more interesting for the good players who are signed up now, but know that they wont get top 2/3. Tbh, even a better distribution (so a little less for 1st and bit more for 2nd and 3rd would be better).

I can be quite blunt about this. Blackstar is going to get 1st and Raphael, assuming he is on the other side based on seeding, 2nd. Then third, depending on the bracket seeding, is going to be either Diarouga, Prince, Erik or Wicked (perhaps Mitoe assuming he stops fucking typing every game and focusses :P). All the others like the ones from above who dont get kicked out by either Blackstar or Raphael and players such as Knush, Kaiser, Uhlan, Hazza, etc, will have more to play for if there is a 4th prize and/or higher 3rd prize as well.
(Disclaimer, my predictions are no guarantees for any side-betting tourney ;) Also, Diarouga might surprise if BS/Raph are not practicing a little bit.)

Also think of the people that came back for past tournaments, who used to be quite good before, but not active at that moment. They can get in good or decent shape and make for good games as well. A possible reach to the 4th spot can be that extra stimulus for them to invest some time into practice games and participate, or otherwise just stay out of it. People like Challe, Kiljardi, Silento, Flooky, Acergame, Ramex12, Fard, some of the Japanese players such as Boneng, Nagayumi, Shmras, etc and perhaps even Samwise, though for him I believe its more a time issue than regardless of who/what gets paid. He would probably still sign up if we just gave him one week of free English Tea ;)
And sure some of these players are older and busy with other things, but many players in the community like to see them playing again, so they need a bit of an incentive.

K?

K. (:
Age Of Empires 3 Videos - GamePlay, Commentary & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/venividiviciw
Age Of Empires 3 Live Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/venividivici_w
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Ouch
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Veni_Vidi_Vici_W wrote:He would probably still sign up if we just gave him one week of free English Tea ;)

I think the bloke's a bit miffed that ESOC keeps getting his country wrong. It's a lot of tosh for them to repeatedly take the mickey out of him, I can understand why he'd be skiving this time round. Even though the guy's a real corker, I think he was really gutted when he had to team with some Joe Bloggs who was so inclined to throw a paddy. Hard cheese, really. I'll concede that that ex ESOC gaffer can play a blinding game at times, though. Besides, there's always an argy-bargy every ESOC event too, he probably wasn't too chuffed, and rightly so. The rozzers here (even if they know their onions) have a hard time regulating all this when there are so many old lags who never learn their lesson - them and their numpty friends. Always causing a commotion or getting into a kerfuffle over user bans, I'm sure a lot of twitch viewers must have honked all over the idiot box. Seriously, they shouldn't be queering the team's pitch with their repeated venting about the staff being as bent as a nine-bob note.

Anyway, we'll see what happens in a fortnight. Might be a spawny outcome for some if the Albanian hero doesn't sign up, though everyone knows he'd paste them thoroughly (they're all mouth and no trousers).
oranges.
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

Aizamk wrote:
Veni_Vidi_Vici_W wrote:He would probably still sign up if we just gave him one week of free English Tea ;)

I think the bloke's a bit miffed that ESOC keeps getting his country wrong. It's a lot of tosh for them to repeatedly take the mickey out of him, I can understand why he'd be skiving this time round. Even though the guy's a real corker, I think he was really gutted when he had to team with some Joe Bloggs who was so inclined to throw a paddy. Hard cheese, really. I'll concede that that ex ESOC gaffer can play a blinding game at times, though. Besides, there's always an argy-bargy every ESOC event too, he probably wasn't too chuffed, and rightly so. The rozzers here (even if they know their onions) have a hard time regulating all this when there are so many old lags who never learn their lesson - them and their numpty friends. Always causing a commotion or getting into a kerfuffle over user bans, I'm sure a lot of twitch viewers must have honked all over the idiot box. Seriously, they shouldn't be queering the team's pitch with their repeated venting about the staff being as bent as a nine-bob note.

Anyway, we'll see what happens in a fortnight. Might be a spawny outcome for some if the Albanian hero doesn't sign up, though everyone knows he'd paste them thoroughly (they're all mouth and no trousers).

Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Aizamk wrote:

Reported for speaking another language.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

I"ll discuss the prize pool
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

yurashic wrote:Reported for speaking another language.

thank you, english only pls otherwise me confused too much
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

Players cannot intentionally change to unfair match-ups

HUH?
Panama Mad_Hound
Musketeer
ESO: GenGrevious23

Post by Mad_Hound »

Bramboy, who is that in your picture? And I thought the $1,000 prize pool was good. What do you all think?
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Mad_Hound wrote:Bramboy, who is that in your picture?

Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

^ I used to think it was actually Mr_Bramboy and was disappointed to find out it wasn't (same with Taylor "Rikikipu" Swift)

Zhanson10 wrote:Players cannot intentionally change to unfair match-ups

HUH?

For game 1 only, when players need to agree upon a civ. In later games you can do whatever you'd like.
duck
:mds:
imo
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

it's opwillem ain't it?
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

the names u mentioned are pretty good players indeed.. but except from tls and garja u disnt call any active player from atm.. and the other players i highly doubt that they would play just for the chance of getting 4th.. anyways its indeed sad non of these will play. on the other hand i think from the current pros everyone signed up.. except u if im missing that? and tls
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

100-200-400-800

outggnore
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

+1
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

group stage has those civ restrictions too? @Mr_Bramboy
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Germany Akechi_Mitsuhide
Dragoon
ESO: Akechi_Mitsuhide

Post by Akechi_Mitsuhide »

Who is TLS?
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

Vinyanenya wrote:

HUH?

For game 1 only, when players need to agree upon a civ. In later games you can do whatever you'd like.

Isn't that what blind picks are for? Who is to decide what is an "unfair" matchup? That's a ridiculous assertion.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Akechi_Mitsuhide wrote:Who is TLS?

The_LastSamurai
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Zhanson10 wrote:
Vinyanenya wrote:

HUH?

Isn't that what blind picks are for? Who is to decide what is an "unfair" matchup? That's a ridiculous assertion.

Tournament admins decide (I am not one). Blind picks are used when both players are making things difficult for the tournament admins.
duck
:mds:
imo
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

Rather, because they are having difficulty finding a matchup. In which case a blind pick is a cool and reasonable result
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

pecelot wrote:
Akechi_Mitsuhide wrote:Who is TLS?

The_LastSamurai

He did sign up btw
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Diarouga told me, just now, how he volunteered to donate all prize money in return for being allowed to play, and that ESOC was not interested. Is ESOC seriously denying him, upon whom it wants to exact petty revenge, volunteering as your over-time slave, just for the sake of petty revenge?

Really??
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

This drama belongs to this thread.