Jerom_ vs GoodSpeed

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: Jerom_ vs GoodSpeed

Post by pecelot »

I understood that in a way that if you wanted to draw conclusions from the British vs Dutch game, which is a tough MU for the latter — as it was said, you would end up with a statement saying they need to be buffed. Whether it's appropriate to conclude in such a way — that's another story.

Of course, pro players can drop games here and there, but that tells something, right? BlackStar hasn't lost in the tournament yet, Tedere wouldn't be able to take one match if he wasn't good — the same with aligator or miggo. The thing is, here we're talking about Jerom whose tournament record is so far pretty nice — it's less likely then the game he won was a „coincidence".

And I never even said you had said that ^_^
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Taunt 50
[spoiler=spoiler]WickedCossack: What a completely irrelevant discussion.[/spoiler]
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

gh0st wrote:
pecelot wrote:
gh0st wrote:Well , you do realize that gs is a better much better player than you, right? & once you consider that this series doesn't proof shit. :flowers:

If that would be the case, Jerom couldn't take one game from GS, right? ;) I'd just be more careful when judging players' skills on one series — would you say H2O is much better than LordRaphael — and vice versa!?

lol i didnt get your logic behind that. Tedere took a game off kaiser & alligator off Uhlan. Things like these happens all the time.
pecelot wrote: Jerom proved in the last tournament he's a very good player, I'm not sure why you all bring that up. Some people wanted to draw conclusions, and he just replied that those are very limited. :dry:

I never even said he sucks or anything, you just made that up. Ofc he is a good player as he has proved, but drawing conclusions from a series where there is a skill gap isn't the best way to judge a civ is all m saying. + dutch vs brits has always been a hard mu for dutch imo, so cant say dutch needs a buff for that.

You're looking too much at ELO or something I think. If this was half a year ago, I think this series would've been really close, but unfortunately I haven't had the time to play so in this player goodspeed was a bit better but if you look at the series game 1 and game 2 were pretty close. Really, the problem in game 2 wasn't even as much my skill level as it was that I misinterpreted mitoe's advice and thought I shouldn't get stagecoach. I think I'd have even won that game if I did get stagecoach, and in that case I actually have 2 counterpicks (because of the picking system, mart actually got 2 counterpicks to my one counterpick so thats slightly unfair). I do really think the conclusion that gs is a much better player is unfair. On some days this is a really close match up I think. If you'd look at tournament results I guess I'm consistently a RO32 player and goodspeed is consistently a RO16 player so thats not a huge gap.

Even regardless of any skill gap in this series you can hardly conclude anything. Game 1 clearly doesn't really show much in terms of balance and game 2 gives an indication that Brits is stronger although that was by far my worst game (I had soundbug which really fucks me up too, could've made it closer if I didnt). So I don't see how "Dutch is really OP" like marco said can be concluded from this at all, because if you were to draw any conclusions (which you shouldn't), then it'd be that dutch is a weak civ and not a strong civ.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Dutch only top 3 civ, please buff them more
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

Ye its like I play german vs raphael and when I lose I say german needs a buff. Retarded reasoning. Gs was way better than his opponent and managed to lose 1 game because dutch is such a super strong civilisation. Also it's weird like people complain about the weaknesses of a civ, but then they play that civ in their series (Sense?)
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

The reasoning was indeed not really on point, but not from the Jerom's side — he just said, or at least I understood it in such a way, that one shouldn't draw conclusions from these games, and if you really wanted, you could say the Dutch need a buff.

As proved above, GS is better, but still in range of Jerom. It was a closed MU than you vs Raphael, since Rapha 3—2 GS, GS 3—1 Jerom, Jerom 2—1 you :chinese:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

DaRkNiTe1698 wrote:Ye its like I play german vs raphael and when I lose I say german needs a buff. Retarded reasoning. Gs was way better than his opponent and managed to lose 1 game because dutch is such a super strong civilisation. Also it's weird like people complain about the weaknesses of a civ, but then they play that civ in their series (Sense?)

Youre literally the only person complaining here. Pezet is quite right in everything he said, if other people here would learn to read that'd br great.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Well sometimes in a tournament it's better to play the civ you're familiar with than a civ that is a on paper good pick.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

gibson wrote:Well sometimes in a tournament it's better to play the civ you're familiar with than a civ that is a on paper good pick.

always pick otto
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

Jerom wrote:
DaRkNiTe1698 wrote:Ye its like I play german vs raphael and when I lose I say german needs a buff. Retarded reasoning. Gs was way better than his opponent and managed to lose 1 game because dutch is such a super strong civilisation. Also it's weird like people complain about the weaknesses of a civ, but then they play that civ in their series (Sense?)

Youre literally the only person complaining here. Pezet is quite right in everything he said, if other people here would learn to read that'd br great.
I am just pointing out that you're the one who say Dutch needs a buff because it's not a great civ but you play them in your tournament matches. That's hypocritical to me
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

DaRkNiTe1698 wrote:
Jerom wrote:

I am just pointing out that you're the one who say Dutch needs a buff because it's not a great civ but you play them in your tournament matches. That's hypocritical to me

You dont get english
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Jerom wrote:You dont get english

not cool jerom...smh :/
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

If someone flames you because he himself fails to comprehend basic statements and then continues to flame after you try to carefully explain it to him then it seems fair to call him out on that. Marco is the one being not cool here....
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

U do realise u can get 4 banks and 5 huss at 6mins right? 5banks 5 huss at 630 in combinatio. With a bank wall and perhaps 8 pike u can get a free age up in most Mus
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Hazza54321 wrote:U do realise u can get 4 banks and 5 huss at 6mins right? 5banks 5 huss at 630 in combinatio. With a bank wall and perhaps 8 pike u can get a free age up in most Mus

according to him only sergeants lose to that :lol:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Hazza54321 wrote:U do realise u can get 4 banks and 5 huss at 6mins right? 5banks 5 huss at 630 in combinatio. With a bank wall and perhaps 8 pike u can get a free age up in most Mus

this is not good. civs like french get 5 huss at 6 minutes, but with like 30% less eco. clearly much better
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

pssssssssst ;)
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

Dutchs are fine, no nerf, no buff needed :maniac:
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

NekoBerk wrote:Dutchs are fine, no nerf, no buff needed :maniac:

Ok, i think that they need a little buff, they still soooo weak man xD
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

gibson wrote:

this is not good. civs like french get 5 huss at 6 minutes, but with like 30% less eco. clearly much better
Not necessarily. The eco diff is significant and if France can't punish, Dutch ends up ahead. So can they punish? Dunno, haven't really seen any solid evidence either way.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Goodspeed wrote:
gibson wrote:

Not necessarily. The eco diff is significant and if France can't punish, Dutch ends up ahead. So can they punish? Dunno.
/s kappa
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Goodspeed wrote:
gibson wrote:

Not necessarily. The eco diff is significant and if France can't punish, Dutch ends up ahead. So can they punish? Dunno, haven't really seen any solid evidence either way.

The only thing france has in that MU is 2 falcs
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

gibson wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
gibson wrote:this is not good. civs like french get 5 huss at 6 minutes, but with like 30% less eco. clearly much better
Not necessarily. The eco diff is significant and if France can't punish, Dutch ends up ahead. So can they punish? Dunno.
/s kappa
Ah. Lol. So you think they can't punish?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Goodspeed wrote:
gibson wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Not necessarily. The eco diff is significant and if France can't punish, Dutch ends up ahead. So can they punish? Dunno.
/s kappa
Ah. Lol. So you think they can't punish?
Possibly they could with an early too falc shipment but what else can they really do?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I think French can still do the classic musk/huss+age up thing and then use 2 falcs + cuirs switch to win. If those things fail Dutch probably wins in midgame outlasting and with skirm combat card.
Image Image Image