Elections

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Elections

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

*yawn* American politics

If I could vote in Britain I'd vote Lib Dem. Not that it would make a difference anyway.
No Flag goldenicon
Musketeer

Elections

Post by goldenicon »

Nigel farage
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Elections

Post by deleted_user0 »

Id vote thatcher
No Flag goldenicon
Musketeer

Elections

Post by goldenicon »

umeu wrote:Id vote thatcher

if only that was possible
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Elections

Post by deleted_user0 »

Fk shes dead hmm, so i vote on cromwell. Otherwise on obama
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Elections

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

Why not vote for Gladstone while you're at it.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Elections

Post by deleted_user0 »

I prefer sadstone, or livingstone. Kidneystone is good too.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Elections

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

Elfinstone is never a bad choice.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Elections

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

drlegend wrote:
frycookofdoom wrote:*yawn* American politics

If I could vote in Britain Id vote Lib Dem. Not that it would make a difference anyway.
But you said you were voting for UKIP. Nick Clegg strangely seems to be significantly more conservative than the typical liberal democrat.
I was joking lol, why would an immigrant vote UKIP.

There arent many positive reasons to vote for the lib dems tbh, its just that the other parties dont have much going for them. The media goes on about how this will be the most important election in decades, and yet the mainstream parties are more uninspiring now than theyve ever been. David Cameron was interesting at first when it looked like he could reform his party and give it a more youthful and dynamic public image, but since becoming prime minister hes shown himself to be no different to the other members of the Conservative frontbench. At least Nick Clegg actually comes across as a normal person during live interviews and debates.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Elections

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

drlegend wrote:You''re a British citizen by birth though. I suppose Clegg might be all right but I don''t see how he''ll ever win the most or even second most votes. It will be either the Conservatives or Labor who''ll win it seems. Milliband is an odd fellow. There is just no other way to describe him. He is humorless and I think he looks down on people. Did you hear him say he wants to make "Islamophobia" a crime? Britain is literally becoming Pakistan.
No I''m not <'_<'

Lib Dems lost all sympathy with the electorate after they compromised on tuition fees. Now they''d be lucky if they retained a third of their current seats.

There''ll most likely be a hung parliament, but who will actually govern is beyond me.
Great Britain CuCkO0
Dragoon
ESO: CuCkO0

Elections

Post by CuCkO0 »

Haven't received my postal vote. :-( have to ring up and bitch!
KINGofOsmane wrote:If Elo is down what are we even fighting for
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Elections

Post by Rikikipu »

Fran?ois Hollande will win ofc.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Elections

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

Yeah hopefully he will just to piss off incog
Germany Aramir
Crossbow
ESO: blackout_

Elections

Post by Aramir »

[video src="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH0K_XIIBow"][/video]
France iNcog
Ninja

Elections

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Elections

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Elections

Post by WickedCossack »

Bah I would've voted for Lib Dems if they got rid of Clegg, da fck is he still doing ruining his parties chances. He should've stepped down long ago.

Because of that I don't know who to vote for.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Elections

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

wickedcossack wrote:Bah I would''ve voted for Lib Dems if they got rid of Clegg, da fck is he still doing ruining his parties chances. He should''ve stepped down long ago.

Because of that I don''t know who to vote for.

Why even care about leaders, this isn''t the US where personal popularity matters more than party principles.
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Elections

Post by aoefan4life »

Just not Hillary Clinton.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Elections

Post by WickedCossack »

frycookofdoom wrote:
wickedcossack wrote:Bah I wouldve voted for Lib Dems if they got rid of Clegg, da fck is he still doing ruining his parties chances. He shouldve stepped down long ago.

Because of that I dont know who to vote for.

Why even care about leaders, this isnt the US where personal popularity matters more than party principles.
Cause the tenacity of the leaders determines how hard the party pushes their policies. Clegg saying hed abolish tuition fees and then tripling them goes to show you what happens when try and put a little faith in someone. You see what it did to thier ratings ?
[img alt="http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/pollgraph.gif" src="http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/pollgraph.gif[/img]

The fact is if Clegg had resigned as party leader they could have built up back to a solid confidence level and actually stood a chance at this years elections. Clegg knows him staying on has doomed his party and doesnt care. Not going to vote for someone who clearly cares more about himself than the aims of his party as well just have a repeat of what happened last time.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Elections

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

Cause the tenacity of the leaders determines how hard the party pushes their policies. Clegg saying he'd abolish tuition fees and then tripling them goes to show you what happens when try and put a little faith in someone.

who else /spinelessgit/ here?

The fact is if Clegg had resigned as party leader they could have built up back to a solid confidence level and actually stood a chance at this years elections. Clegg knows him staying on has doomed his party and doesn't care. Not going to vote for someone who clearly cares more about himself than the aims of his party as we'll just have a repeat of what happened last time.

Interesting, since the party has always seemed pretty eager to keep him on.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Elections

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »