Happy 4-20

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Happy 4-20

Post by momuuu »

zoom wrote:
Jerom wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:The only argument against a harmless drug like weed is the gateway effect, but in a way everything good in life could potentially be a gateway to something bad.

Didnt I say something earlier that legal weed might be less of a gateway than illegal weed. I mean, you're now just getting weed in a reasonably controlled environment, no need for dealers or slightly shady things. I can imagine that makes the step to more intensive drugs much larger.

The rather ugly, finer elements of that is that the relative gateway effect will decrease greatly, whereas the absolute effect will increase greatly, as there would be so many more users.

A quick wikipedia search on weed and usage seems to imply that effect is either undetectable or very small. It does not seem like the Netherlands has abnormally many coke users compared to their weed users (which, by the way, is pretty low).
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

I can confirm first person that Liberal assholes are wrong an the coffeeshops are full of addicted ppl.
The absolute majority does buy their pot daily. The amount of money spent isn't good either... even yesterday a mother of 5 yr old kid (taken away from her) keeps "choosing" to get weed instead of rebuilding herself an her ppl. I believe she doesn't want to but has to.
Coffeeshops in NL has ruined thousands. Agree with Goodspeed aswell, that's why on the parkingplace ppl hangout where you get coke and shit
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

you shouldn't have Internet or a cell phone because people spend too much time on them and ruin their lives. Time to make them illegal.
mad cuz bad
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Finland fungu
Musketeer
ESO: vati

Post by fungu »

Jerom wrote:Sigh, this stuff is so unnecessary...

Its immoral to legalize weed because its like saying "yeah its okay to do stuff thats bad for you we dont care". But well, fast food isnt forbidden either. Or alcohol. Or smoking.

Interesting point. I've gotten the feeling, after watching debates on this matter, that many people who are against decriminalization still feel that all the practical things we could accomplish by decriminalization are good.

Which raises the question why are they against it. I think this is partly the answer, they don't want to give people the signal that it's morally acceptable.
Which raises another interesting question; is legality the same thing as something being morally acceptable?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Finland fungu
Musketeer
ESO: vati

Post by fungu »

iNcog wrote:Welcome to the forums!

Thank you! :) Good to be here
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

dietschlander wrote:I can confirm first person that Liberal assholes are wrong an the coffeeshops are full of addicted ppl.
The absolute majority does buy their pot daily. The amount of money spent isn't good either... even yesterday a mother of 5 yr old kid (taken away from her) keeps "choosing" to get weed instead of rebuilding herself an her ppl. I believe she doesn't want to but has to.
Coffeeshops in NL has ruined thousands. Agree with Goodspeed aswell, that's why on the parkingplace ppl hangout where you get coke and shit

The data do not seem to imply that dutch people are off worse than people from other countries. It doesnt seem to make much difference at all in fact.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

fungu wrote:
Jerom wrote:Sigh, this stuff is so unnecessary...

Its immoral to legalize weed because its like saying "yeah its okay to do stuff thats bad for you we dont care". But well, fast food isnt forbidden either. Or alcohol. Or smoking.

Interesting point. I've gotten the feeling, after watching debates on this matter, that many people who are against decriminalization still feel that all the practical things we could accomplish by decriminalization are good.

Which raises the question why are they against it. I think this is partly the answer, they don't want to give people the signal that it's morally acceptable.
Which raises another interesting question; is legality the same thing as something being morally acceptable?

Well, probably not. I mean there's a ridiculous amount of things that are legal but bad for you. Alcohol is the most prominent one, being more damaging than weed I believe. But that case is complicated because alcohol really is a core element of our society.

Its not the best gesture to say 'hey just go do harmful stuff, its okay' but that doesnt really seem to affect the behaviour of people.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

dietschlander wrote:I can confirm first person that Liberal assholes are wrong an the coffeeshops are full of addicted ppl.

Do you really think we need a coffee shop for that result ?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Imo, if drogs were legalized, it would be a lot cheaper, and kids would buy it which sux.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

not really, it would be more expensive and kids would buy it less
check street price vs shop price in the us. dealers would prob have to relate on hard drugs, and I believe growing would be even more restricted not to compete with the legal one but not sure abt that
at 14 you want to do what's illegal, not what necessarily feels good. and in countries like france I'm pretty sure it would be very restricted if its one day legalized, which I don't think will happen before at least 8-10years
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Its almost factual that legalizing weed doesn't matter. Please go to wikipedia and look up weed usage per country. Then examine the weed usage in the Netherlands (where weed has been legal for as long as I have lived).
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

The great lengths potheads will go to defend weed usage are amazing. Sure weed is fun and all but more than likely you're a loser.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

Nice blanket judgement. Those are always so insightful. Kinda like the great lengths you'll go to in order to defend treaty as the better game mode or America as the best country. Sure America is great and all but more than likely you're a backwards ass individualist stumbling out of a mcdicks.
Taunt 3
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

Jerom wrote:Its almost factual that legalizing weed doesn't matter. Please go to wikipedia and look up weed usage per country. Then examine the weed usage in the Netherlands (where weed has been legal for as long as I have lived).

Hmm 5.4%, and BC sits at 14.2% :P
Taunt 3
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

DivineFire wrote:Nice blanket judgement. Those are always so insightful. Kinda like the great lengths you'll go to in order to defend treaty as the better game mode or America as the best country. Sure America is great and all but more than likely you're a backwards ass individualist stumbling out of a mcdicks.

The stereotype pot smokers have attached to them will never be bucked!

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Goodspeed wrote:
zoom wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Maybe it will become legal at some point but nobody will care. At that point we may already have much better drugs than that. Side effects shmide effects. Imagine a side-effect free heroin ;)

It seems silly to me that a drug would stay illegal when the only one you are harming by using it is yourself. We humans are relatively liberal now, but not half as liberal as we're going to be.

What I'm trying to say though is that not only would we have to be a lot more than twice as liberal; we would also have to be completely insane.
How do you figure? Do you think everyone would start using it or something?

No, but a lot more would and the toll on the healthcare system would be enormous, and such a progressive society would not deny users care.
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Jerom wrote:Its almost factual that legalizing weed doesn't matter. Please go to wikipedia and look up weed usage per country. Then examine the weed usage in the Netherlands (where weed has been legal for as long as I have lived).

How about not every place can and should be compared to the Netherlands--a small country with quite different demographic and cultural factors at play than say a place like the US. The argument that legalization in some places will have a similar outcome as the Netherlands is straight up Lebanon county Bologna.

Also check out some interesting findings about weed usage:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwalto ... e31cb0d25d

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

evilcheadar wrote:

How about not every place can and should be compared to the Netherlands--a small country with quite different demographic and cultural factors at play than say a place like the US. The argument that legalization in some places will have a similar outcome as the Netherlands is straight up Lebanon county Bologna.

Also check out some interesting findings about weed usage:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwalto ... e31cb0d25d

they want me to turn off adblocker so meh.

Btw the Weed usage in NL is quite comparable to that in France, Germany, Denmark or Belgium. Culturally pretty similair countries.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Jerom wrote:
zoom wrote:
Show hidden quotes

The rather ugly, finer elements of that is that the relative gateway effect will decrease greatly, whereas the absolute effect will increase greatly, as there would be so many more users.

A quick wikipedia search on weed and usage seems to imply that effect is either undetectable or very small. It does not seem like the Netherlands has abnormally many coke users compared to their weed users (which, by the way, is pretty low).

You may have missed my point: They don't have abnormally many cocaine users compared to their marijuana users, but they have abnormally many cocaine users compared to countries with fewer weed users. In other words, the relative gateway effect is drastically decreased with legalization, but the absolute one is increased, on the back of there being so many more users.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Imo, if drogs were legalized, it would be a lot cheaper, and kids would buy it which sux.

It wouldn't be legal for minors, I presume...
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

zoom wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Show hidden quotes
How do you figure? Do you think everyone would start using it or something?

No, but a lot more would and the toll on the healthcare system would be enormous, and such a progressive society would not deny users care.
Seems premature to talk about a future society that way. For all we know health care is completely automated.
I didn't mention a timespan...
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

zoom wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Imo, if drogs were legalized, it would be a lot cheaper, and kids would buy it which sux.

It wouldn't be legal for minors, I presume...

20 yo niggas then. Also you know, alcool and cigaret aren' t «legal» for minors and that's not a problem, it would be the same.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Goodspeed wrote:but it feels to me like that's where society's headed.

Why do you think that? To me it feels like (at least in the Netherlands) we're heading the other way.