Happy 4-20

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Re: Happy 4-20

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

zoom wrote:It seems to me a lot of people posting ITT aren't privy to the difference between decriminalization and legalization.

legalize weed, decriminalize other drugs (just look at the czech repuplic, they decriminalized all drugs to a certain amount and crime rates went down immediately.. there is no point to arrest some meth heads living at the end of the line, those ppl need therapy, not jail) just look back to the prohibition, where sb had the clever idea to make alcohol illegal, ppl where drinking as much as always, but as soon as it was legalized again crime rates went down super quick and ppl didnt woke up blind the next morning bec they got wasted on some home distilled liquor the other evening.... you shouldnt forget that in the US there is a huge Lobby (even bigger than the gun lobby) that does everything to keep all those stuff illegal bec they are making TONS OF MONEY with arrested ppl in jail...thats bec most of the prisons in the US and the whole industry connected to it are privatized (sth that is illegal over here in germany and that FOR A GOOD REASON)...in fact the punishments for drug possession (especially for the 'newer' kinds of drugs like crack) became a lot harder since the privatizaion of that whole sector.

Heres a fancy graph that supports my point:

...and my point is that a lot of politicians in the US telling you that those drugs CANT BE LEGALIZED OR DECRIMINALIZED are saying that not because its not the best option for the people living in the country or lowering the crime rates but far more because they would destroy a huge economic sector in their country and bec there is a big lobby funding their political campains so they are kind of forced to say that legilization or decriminalization is a bad idea....there are ppl making money with those high crime rates :D ...and a lot of those good loyal US citizens listen to what their fav. politicians say.....

(+ as a person from europe i find it very weird that the US had 2 presidents (bush and obama) in a row admitting that they did drugs during their university time and they both didnt get punished for that but both signed new laws for harder punishments for drug possession, as if it was OK during their youth but now that they are grown ups its suddenly not any more ...)
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Goodspeed wrote:It's only destructive to the user though. It's a very liberal concept to allow people to destroy themselves with highly addictive drugs, yes, but there's no reason why it wouldn't be tolerable for the society as a whole and therefore no reason why it would stay illegal.
But still this is all assuming we won't have invented better drugs by then.

First of all any substance use is not only destructive to the user; limiting yourself to the substance's physical effects gives you a flawed perspective. Second of all, liberalism is not the sole absolute value; assuming that any and all concern for the well-being of others in the human community is going to vanish in a liberal enough climate again offers a very narrow and unrealistic view.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

zoom wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:It's only destructive to the user though. It's a very liberal concept to allow people to destroy themselves with highly addictive drugs, yes, but there's no reason why it wouldn't be tolerable for the society as a whole and therefore no reason why it would stay illegal.
But still this is all assuming we won't have invented better drugs by then.

First of all any substance use is not only destructive to the user;
If you're talking about the people who have an emotional connection to the user, I don't consider them relevant. Plenty of things can influence a person to not maintain social relationships or even destroy them outright. The internet is an example, and as we all know it's addicting too.
Second of all, liberalism is not the sole absolute value; assuming that any and all concern for the well-being of others in the human community is going to vanish in a liberal enough climate again offers a very narrow and unrealistic view.
You misunderstand. Concern for people's well-being will never vanish and I didn't state that it would nor did I state that liberalism is the sole absolute value. Perhaps advertising the drug will never be legal and I imagine the state will discourage its use either way, but illegality is a step beyond that. Any human's body may end up being the responsibility of the brain inhabiting it, and theirs alone. There's nothing inherently wrong with that concept, and who is the state to forbid people to make poor choices? You could just as easily argue that eating at McDonald's every day should be illegal. Less destructive, but many of the same arguments apply. There's a line somewhere, but you have not presented me any sensible arguments to convince me heroin is over that line. I would draw it at violence, meaning drugs that tend to make a person violent or tools made specifically with destruction of life in mind.

I'm not saying this will definitely happen, but it feels to me like a logical step to take for us.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Anyway weed will be legal more or less everywhere and more or less soon, because there are no real arguments against its legalization except stupid "moral" arguments (just like there are no real arguments against abortion or gay marriage...). It would just be cool if we could do it as soon as possible
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

there is new research on M: [video]https://youtu.be/J9v9g-8hZdw[/video]
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Come on man lighten up.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

iNcog wrote:if my siblings ever touch weed i'm have a long hard talk with them

https://www.reddit.com/r/flying/comment ... a_mistake/

don't touch drugs, simple and to the point. you don't fuel drug cartels and you don't destroy your brain. sick and tired of people pretending that drugs are OK

if it was legal, with a 18 year to purchase, I would rather have them use M. than Alcohol
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@iNcog good for you - à la vôtre
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I don't like how weed makes me feel. It should be illegal 4evr n evr.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

iNcog wrote:if my siblings ever touch weed i'm have a long hard talk with them

https://www.reddit.com/r/flying/comment ... a_mistake/

don't touch drugs, simple and to the point. you don't fuel drug cartels and you don't destroy your brain. sick and tired of people pretending that drugs are OK

Dont let them take prescription drugs then either.
mad cuz bad
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

or do!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Sometimes I take over the counter pain pills so that I can sleep better
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

@iNcog theres tons of evidence that prescription pain pills are just as bad for you and addicting. So would you rather give someone you love some weed non addictive for example for pain or some highly addictive pill. Then after they get "better" they are addicted to something they have to buy on the street? Even though it's a perfectly legal drug and its supporting the big pharma cartels
mad cuz bad
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I, for one, would legalise all drugs, including heroin and cocaine. In fact, I think the government should produce them and give them away for free at street corner booths. This way, everyone who wants access to drugs won't have to go through unnecessary risks with dealers and such and they can save their money for more productive things. It can't be that expensive to produce some drugs in a few chemical silos. And imagine all the costs you would be cutting with the police which won't have to train staff and dogs to catch drug mules.

Once everyone will have free heroin, cocaine, LSD, MDMT, etc, you just wait to see who wins the Darwin awards.

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

deleted_user wrote:I don't like how weed makes me feel.
How's that?
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

gibson wrote:Sometimes I take over the counter pain pills so that I can sleep better

Asshole. There will be consequences if you do not change your behave. Consider this your first warning. :pop:
Top quality poster.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Goodspeed wrote:
deleted_user wrote:I don't like how weed makes me feel.
How's that?

I actually get very bad panic attacks each time I smoke. It happened four times before I decided it's just not for me. I've done it sober, drunk, in Colorado where it's legal with very good, close friends, etc. It's actually disappointing because it's such a casual drug, I want so badly to enjoy it. Obviously I was kidding about saying it should be illegal because of my personal experiences with it.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

maybe you smoked pipes or bongs: much harder to control the high especially when you start, should take joints instead. They are much more enjoyable overall for casual smoking.
Or maybe its indeed not for you and you'll live perfectly fine without it anyway. But I tend to see that americans are with weed the way they are with alcohol: getting results as fast as possible, which sux but that's what you do in hs I guess
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

benj89 wrote: But I tend to see that americans are with weed the way they are with alcohol: getting results as fast as possible, which sux but that's what you do in hs I guess

It's obviously because I'm American, yeah.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

deleted_user wrote:
benj89 wrote: But I tend to see that americans are with weed the way they are with alcohol: getting results as fast as possible, which sux but that's what you do in hs I guess

It's obviously because I'm American, yeah.

I'm pretty sure the way people consume alcohol and weed in us/ca schools is identical. Anyway, try joints next time
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham