Parasite Economy Companies

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Re: Parasite Economy Companies

Post by Dolan »

You know, the government is just like any other organisation. There's common people working in their offices and they're just as smart or stupid as anyone else. It's not a satanist organisation, you know. They're just a bunch of clerks who think they're doing their best. It's a very common thing for people to mistrust any big organisation that has power over them. They imagine the craziest stuff about what's going on "in there". The best medicine for people who are paranoid about governments would be to actually go and work for the government at least a year. Then you would see there's nothing special about it.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Dolan wrote:You know, the government is just like any other organisation. There's common people working in their offices and they're just as smart or stupid as anyone else. It's not a satanist organisation, you know. They're just a bunch of clerks who think they're doing their best. It's a very common thing for people to mistrust any big organisation that has power over them. They imagine the craziest stuff about what's going on "in there". The best medicine for people who are paranoid about governments would be to actually go and work for the government at least a year. Then you would see there's nothing special about it.

But what about the reptilian shapeshifters that control the world? You clearly dont understand how the world really works.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

damn incog, so cynical.
Top quality poster.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

XD Triggered

You're conflating political decisions (to invade Iraq) with the everyday, run-of-the-mill decisions made by the bureaucracy. Yeah, I criticised the US govt and I stand by what I said. What I argued above was not that governments are inherently good, I said they're not inherently evil either. There's no satanic Kabbalah in those buildings. Just a bunch of clerks who think they are doing their best to manage stuff. But people have high expectations from a government, so every small measure is scrutinised a lot more than any measure taken by a private company. And people are right, because the government is not some random company, it's supposed to manage public goods and services.

The Panama papers company wasn't created by any government, afaik. It's mostly a private affair. You could say the Panamese govt was corrupt enough to allow such a company in their country. Subprime is another example of what corrupt politicians like Bush and the guy who worked at Goldman (Henry Paulson) can do just to protect the financial establishment. Another reason why these administrations have protected big financial interests is mentality/ideology, they all believe in the same stuff, they believe the system needs the big banks to function properly. I think this is the case with the former Fed chief, Bernanke, whom I don't suspect of being corrupt, as much as being an old school economist of monetarist leanings, who had this personal ambition to avoid another depression in the USA.

What about Greece? Greece has been ruled by corrupt parties for decades. They bribed their own population into a perpetual state of welfare bliss, now they're paying for their own laziness and gullibility. Yeah, they got used to having high living standards without producing much, besides olives and olive oil and by just being a touristic attraction.

The Eurozone was a success, just as the EU was a success. The point of the EU was having the Common market, from which everyone benefited. Don't you like to buy stuff made in the EU at a lower price than if it included customs tariffs? Don't you like travelling freely throughout Europe without needing a visa or even a passport? Don't you like the fact that you can buy a car from any EU country and choose where do you want to pay your VAT (and so benefit from a lower VAT)? The problem with the Eurozone was that it was half-baked, they couldn't go the whole hog and create a common fiscal policy too, to support a common currency. Why not? Because that's a sensitive issue, the EU doesn't tell each state how much they should tax their own people, or else you'd have riots in the streets. Taxation levels are a very sensitive issue. Just like the idea of a common European constitution failed, for similar reasons. Now the EU is stuck in the middle, it cannot go back to pre-war political and economic fragmentation, but neither can it move forward to more ambitious goals, because Euroscepticism is already rearing its head in many countries.

It's possible that in France public administration is as bad as you describe it. France is notorious for its high degree of state involvement in the economy and for its hypertrophic bureaucracy.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

le corrupt politicians wari wari
Top quality poster.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

watashi wa baka desu
Top quality poster.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Because the clerks who make up the US civil service didn't have anything to do with it.
Top quality poster.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

They make up the majority of the people in the government.
Top quality poster.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

iNcog wrote:Don't give me that bullshit that governments are there for the sake of the people they govern. They're there for themselves, their shitty careers and their shitty egos. Like the shitty French president who is talking something about how he served his country during his term when unemployment and debt are through the fucking roof.
Top quality poster.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

iNcog wrote:By the way, Iraq is a political decision, but how does that somehow end up outside of the scope of what I'm whining about?

Because in a big instution it's the head who decides the big stuff. And surely the decision to go to war wasn't taken by common employees. It was most likely the result of Bush meeting with his advisors and a panel of generals from the US army. They probably considered all possible scenarios and they decided to invade Iraq. Most likely this wasn't the result of just one person influencing the whole process of decision-making. There are a few layers of decision in a public institution. I imagine that for national defense, it was the top generals, Bush and his advisors who made that decision. So, if you want to blame someone, blame the warmongering mentality of US army generals, blame Bush for being a clown and his advisors for being trained during the Cold War and still having that mentality that the US must expand its sphere of influence in the Middle East, country by country.

In a public instution it's like in any company, you can find smart as well as stupid people. There's nothing particularly special about working in a public instution. Except that, of course, they decide important things many times and when there's a convergence of stupidity and incompetence with political corruption you get disastruous results. It doesn't always happen that the smart minds have the last say in public decisions.

What is more, public servants are paid well in developed countries, but not nearly as well as some people in private companies. So, if you're a smart guy, where would you rather work? A public institution or a private company? Yeah, so probably very few bright people are still working for the government, simply because they have more career opportunities if they work in the private sector.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

And if you try to raise the pay of public sector workers, you get people like Incog shouting about corrupt politicians only wanting to line their own pockets with tax money.
Top quality poster.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

What to do when paper money are just paper :cry: :ohmy:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

iwillspankyou wrote:What to do when paper money are just paper :cry: :ohmy:

burn all of it. After all, it's just paper ;)
Top quality poster.