Turkey's Prime Minister resigns

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: Turkey's Prime Minister resigns

Post by spanky4ever »

to answer your question: Erdogan uses the "terror " argument to further undermining the democratic system while bringing the majority of people in line with his policy. Fear has always been the most persuading argument for demagogues and autocrats

@lordraphael exactly my thoughts as well. But I guess we are the ones looking in - and Breeze are looking out. I really dont like the news from Turkey these days. Democracy having a hard time, and president looking more and more like a dictator (like Putin)
But I live in a peaceful part of Europe - and the fact that Turkey is in a place we call "between a rock and a hard place" - surely could give another perspective.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Armenian genocide anyone?
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

To justify myself, I haven't read the previous posts, just an opinion. Middle East, Europe and Minor Asia have have a lot of trouble because of the war ISIS began. It isn't as simple as two forces opposing each other. Kurds, Turks, Syrians each has its benefits from various points of view. Each goverenment's benefits don't have to do necessarily with the benefits of the individuals, thing that makes the situation even tenser. When one involves european countries it becomes even more complex. In this case the turkish head, represented by its president works for benefiting him and his followers. In order to hold a position of power needs to take effective measures.

Democracy supports an environment where questioning and discussing is flourishing. However, each argumentation confuses the people, so supporters of radical choices arise. The prime minister's decision to resign pleases those people's ideals. Therefore they are happy, but these circumstances drive the whole world into a more absolute way of thinking.
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Atomiswave wrote:Armenian genocide anyone?

'
that is another topic - there is a tread for it 2
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

didnt happen ( according to the turks) . Last week i sat in a history seminar at the university and some turk felt offended by the prof mentioning the armenian genocide and I swear he started using the same bs arguments some guys on this forums keep on mentioning. my prof shut him down pretty hard it was hilarious :)
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I think it was a genocide - but this is not the topic. you should go to the post "armenian genocide". cos there is one. Do not make this post a "hate" for what all Turks are like.
This topic was about the Turkey government - remember? The here and now :idea:
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

And fun fact about Turkey for those who didn't know - they tried to ban social media after unauthorized recordings of some of Erdogan's buddies making comments that suggested corruption went viral. You can read all about it here:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/m ... e-minister
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@papist being a mod should stop flaming - and keep himself on the topic at hand. Seriously Papist -psssst NOBODY here are denying armenian genocide - Its just not the topic.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

iwillspankyou wrote:@papist being a mod should stop flaming - and keep himself on the topic at hand. Seriously Papist -psssst

Ok, I deleted the first part. But the second part is 100% true, so it's staying.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

edit : nvm
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

you deleted nothing I said - what are you talking about- seriously
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

edit : nvm
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

iwillspankyou wrote:you deleted nothing I said - what are you talking about- seriously

Probably about the flaming part of his post that he deleted...
:idea:
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

lordraphael wrote:to answer your question: Erdogan uses the "terror " argument to further undermining the democratic system while bringing the majority of people in line with his policy. Fear has always been the most persuading argument for demagogues and autocrats

Strikingly reminiscent of the "War on Terror" with its "Axis of Evil" and "either with us or against us", rhetoric, wouldn't you say?
:idea:
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

ARMENIAN GENOCIDE HYPE BOIS!!

Only about 10 months left until the next Armenian Genocide Day festivities!
:santa:
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Kurdish genocide anyone?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Rather: What Kurdish genocide?
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

iwillspankyou wrote:you deleted nothing I said - what are you talking about- seriously

I deleted the first part of what I said, not what you said. I did so because it could be construed as provocative (even though it's true).
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

this thread turns out to a place where people are just throwing up their hate against turkey that they had, it's just they sending some misleading media comments because of govenrment not being their puppet and they want new governers to be their puppet, i think i will leave this topic because it's hilarious :) such as the guy who had rage quitted after losing to some captains in nilla, anyway
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

deleted_user wrote:this thread turns out to a place where people are just throwing up their hate against turkey that they had, it's just they sending some misleading media comments because of govenrment not being their puppet and they want new governers to be their puppet, i think i will leave this topic because it's hilarious :) such as the guy who had rage quitted after losing to some captains in nilla, anyway

History and current events are not "hate".
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Papist wrote:
deleted_user wrote:this thread turns out to a place where people are just throwing up their hate against turkey that they had, it's just they sending some misleading media comments because of govenrment not being their puppet and they want new governers to be their puppet, i think i will leave this topic because it's hilarious :) such as the guy who had rage quitted after losing to some captains in nilla, anyway

Trust me if we gonna talk about history. You will be %99.9 loser. We know what happened to colonised people and native americans... no need to be dumb, my last post in thos thread. Feel free to talk urself. OUT.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

Breeze why you crying over peoples opinion on the internet?
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

What I am curious to know, is how the Turkish ppl review Erdogan. I just cant find anything on that issue in english. The only thing I find is negativity by the western press. Seriously - there must be something they like about him - they re-elected him. I think its odd that this information is so lacking :?: :idea:
This makes me suspicious - how about you :?
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

deleted_user wrote:
Papist wrote:

Trust me if we gonna talk about history. You will be %99.9 loser. We know what happened to colonised people and native americans... no need to be dumb, my last post in thos thread. Feel free to talk urself. OUT.

The difference is that I don't pretend my country's transgressions never happened, and get "offended" whenever people bring them up.