Ghouls and Alghouls

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Ghouls and Alghouls

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

As for the genesis of ghouls, there are hypotheses aplenty. Some scholars claim these monstrosities arose from scoundrels who indulged in a taste for human flesh and for this misdeed drew the wrath of the heavens down upon themselves. The gods punished them by taking away their souls, their minds and their human forms.

My experiments have shown, however, that ghoul anatomy displays far too little in common with that of humans for this thesis to seem at all probable. Any and all similarity in appearance between ghouls and men, such as their somewhat kindred shapes and the measures of their physiognomies, are pure matters of incidental circumstance. It thus follows that ghouls, like their vile cousins the alghouls, are post-Conjunction creatures – that is to say, such beings as came to our universe in an abrupt cataclysm disrupting the normal laws of nature.

Ghouls and graveirs are hard to describe. In part, they resemble humans – yet on the whole, they are the utter negation of all that is human. Though they have arms and legs like men, they walk on all fours like dogs or badgers. Though they have eerily familiar faces, one searches them in vain for any sign of sentiment, reason or even a spark of consciousness. They are driven by one thing and one thing only: an insatiable craving for human flesh.

Alghouls differ from normal ghouls in size, strength, coloring and, most importantly, intelligence. Whereas ghouls and graveirs are primitive creatures unfit to plan even the simplest ambush, alghouls and their kindred (such as cemetaurs) are capable of forethought, and are thus much more dangerous.
Ghouls seem to possess wits enough to at least know a brighter mind when they see it, and so let alghouls and cemetaurs lead their packs. A pack so led will terrorize all in its path, attacking not only lone travelers but also caravans and even farmsteads. When encountering such a pack the alghoul should be eliminated as a first priority, leaving the other beasts for once their leader is gone. One be particularly careful when fighting alghouls around dusk and at night, when they fight with doubled strength.
During combat alghouls and cemetaurs try risky maneuvers aimed at knocking their opponents to the ground so the others can finish the job by tearing them to shreds. Like a normal ghoul, an injured alghoul can fall into a frenzy and attack with blind fury. An experienced witcher knows to get out of its way on such occasions and strike from behind, while for an inexperienced witcher, such a turn of events often marks the end of his Path.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Re: Ghouls and Alghouls

Post by yemshi »

I get the feeling you became a drinker.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

We would like to remind members that, since this thread was developed by the ESOC® Media Team®, it is officially endorsed by the ESOC® Council®.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

That's because the ESOC Council supports anything but love.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

ESOC Council is open-source, screw your trademark symbols.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Even ciri knows this!
Error 404: Signature not found
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Imma tell ur parents that u play a game for 18+
r]
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

best and most important thread i read so far on this forum. 8/7. GG. where is the double like button ?
i am also very interested in the anatomy of the yeti, the sasquatch and bigfoot.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Gichtenlord wrote:Imma tell ur parents that u play a game for 18+

I have to admit the game is pretty brutal. Especially the parts where a corpse's wounds are examinated are fun to watch.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

nekkers and rotfiends > ghouls, imo.
Error 404: Signature not found
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.