Graduation

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag manwithoutname
Skirmisher

Re: Graduation

Post by manwithoutname »

gro74 wrote:
manwithoutname wrote:
That's pretty bad advice to give after graduation. Anyways, I think I'm fine in the life sciences sector.

I would not have guessed that your degree was in the life sciences based on what your thesis is about :lol:

What concentration is your MS degree? Mine is neuroscience.

Well the degree is called 'biomedical sciences', and as a major I chose management and communication - it prepares more for the industry than for research, hence the pharma-economic subject of my thesis!
No Flag manwithoutname
Skirmisher

Post by manwithoutname »

Smyrna wrote:I was not aware realistic advice was considered poor. GL anyway

It's good advice to give to someone who has yet to choose what they are going to study, but it's weird to say that to someone who is about to graduate, that's what I meant :smile:
United States of America Smyrna
Musketeer
ESO: M3RL1N_

Post by Smyrna »

It is certainly better advice for a first or 2nd year student but considering most people in o ur working career will need a masters for any mid-level or higher jobs it actually will remain viable for as long as continuing education/training is conducted- which should be always! Complacency and apathy are the forerunners of defeat. I do congratulate you though. I myself was the first in my family to ever graduate college (Biology). Being the first means I had to figure out everything on my own. My degree is only good formed school or masters programs so far despite being much harder to get than a business or marketing degree. I wil go back for my masters in Bioengineering or something other to increase my competitiveness on the global market of which we are all now a part (except maybe Britain haha- jk).
GL!
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I'll be getting my bachelor's degree in civil engineering next year. However, I don't think I enjoy having a job (the schedule, hours, etc) so I think I might just keep staying in school.
Netherlands irr3alist
Dragoon
Donator 05

Post by irr3alist »

My thesis was on Intercultural differences between Dutch (fastest in EU) and Korean (fastest in the world) Internet infrastructure Investments. It did get me a job at Hyundai.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

deleted_user wrote:I'll be getting my bachelor's degree in civil engineering next year. However, I don't think I enjoy having a job (the schedule, hours, etc) so I think I might just keep staying in school.

Masters degree? PogChamp
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

dont get a masters get a job.
Top quality poster.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I think the responsible way to do it is to get my masters while having a job, and having them help me pay for it.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America Mvp618
Skirmisher
ESO: Mvp618

Post by Mvp618 »

deleted_user wrote:I think the responsible way to do it is to get my masters while having a job, and having them help me pay for it.

what about your doctorate?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

No Flag manwithoutname
Skirmisher

Post by manwithoutname »

Smyrna wrote:It is certainly better advice for a first or 2nd year student but considering most people in o ur working career will need a masters for any mid-level or higher jobs it actually will remain viable for as long as continuing education/training is conducted- which should be always! Complacency and apathy are the forerunners of defeat. I do congratulate you though. I myself was the first in my family to ever graduate college (Biology). Being the first means I had to figure out everything on my own. My degree is only good formed school or masters programs so far despite being much harder to get than a business or marketing degree. I wil go back for my masters in Bioengineering or something other to increase my competitiveness on the global market of which we are all now a part (except maybe Britain haha- jk).
GL!

It has nothing to do with apathy. You have to commit yourself to a certain field at a certain point. If I would choose to specialize in 3D printing right now, my previous 6 years of studying would go to waste (your grade is only valuable on the job market a few years after you've graduated), and employers would see me as an 'eternal student'. Also, a lot of employers will hire from a large range of diploma's. You will receive additional training on the job anyways, as I will get (just signed a contract to start as a clinical data manger).
No Flag yakuza
Dragoon

Post by yakuza »

iNcog wrote:i can't believe people even pursue phds anymore

lol then again both my parents have one

and i don't. fuck i brought shame to the family

I though you are in high school :P
"Also I fail to see why mods should be considered like gods, they're just average people who're here to moderate"
-[Armag] diarouga
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

No Flag yakuza
Dragoon

Post by yakuza »

iNcog wrote:nah i'm not

i'm 24 years old and a few months away from wrapping up a master's degree in industrial engineering!

great :biggrin:
"Also I fail to see why mods should be considered like gods, they're just average people who're here to moderate"
-[Armag] diarouga
United States of America jamesmp98
Dragoon
ESO: jamesmp98

Post by jamesmp98 »

I graduated high school about a month ago.
best german stratgey

1. age with 3 settler wagon
2. make pike
3. push
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

all young there xD
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

i'm 24 years old and a few months away from wrapping up a master's degree in industrial engineering!

so old. Do you still need to write a thesis or sth?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

nah you seem like a fine chap. Liberty is the highest value after all!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

United States of America gro74
Crossbow
ESO: gro74

Post by gro74 »

manwithoutname wrote:Well the degree is called 'biomedical sciences', and as a major I chose management and communication - it prepares more for the industry than for research, hence the pharma-economic subject of my thesis!

Oh ok I am starting to understand now :smile: I had to look up pharmacoeconomics- very interesting sounding field of study. Certainly comes up a lot in discussion of common anti-depressants like fluoxetine, which aren't efficacious but are far cheaper to use compared to paying for therapy.
Every man has his own way of eating yogurt.
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

iNcog wrote:
Jerom wrote:
My last thing to do before getting my degree is to first finish up my internship (of which half is spent on ESOC), write up 40 pages of bullshit about my internship, make a 20 minute presentation about my internship and get a good mark on it all.

Lol, made me laugh :D
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98