Deliciously Disgusting

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Re: Deliciously Disgusting

Post by Dolan »

Wtf training do you need to THINK? If they ask you to go to an unknown place, alone with 13000 bucks on you, wtf do you think is going to happen? Do you think they'll just treat you nicely and make the exchange? She went from a situation she controlled to one over which she had no control. You don't need training for that, you just drop the operation, fuck the police.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

What do you think would have happened if she had not agreed? You have no idea under what circumstances she agreed to change location. Perhaps they were already on to her from the start, and just wanted to get rid of her in another place, perhaps they just saw through her ruse at that moment, and made it up on the spot. You don't know whether or not she was somehow pressured or threathened into changing location. You simply dont know. All you know is that had she recieved any training, it would have been alot more likely she would not have made that choice. You can say thats she stupid, but then why are you sending stupid people to do a job that you cant be stupid for in order to do it properly? Isnt the police completely incabable then, to recruit such a person for a job shes clearly unfit to do??! She was sent with a mission to close a deal and get them caught in a criminal act. perhaps she thought if she agreed to change venue they would trust her, and if she didnt agree, they would mistrust her and her deal with them and the police would have been off.

and its quite obvious she wasnt in control of anything, and even if she was, she didnt realise that. you have easy talking from that safe position behind your pc, but whenever there is pressure on a situation, its well known that MANY PEOPLE LOSE THEIR ABILITY TO THINK CLEARLY. And thats exactly what that training is for. It's not like its natural for someone to be able to act normal in a situation thats completely ABNORMAL for them.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

In situations like this, every normal person has a healthy instinct to fear going to a risky place, where you don't know what could happen.

Somewhat she didn't have that. So she was either a sensation-seeker/risk-taker by temperament (which would explain her attraction to drugs) or her brain was so cooked from drugs she just wasn't able to think clearly anymore.

Either way, evolution did its thing.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dolan wrote:In situations like this, every normal person has a healthy instinct to fear going to a risky place, where you don't know what could happen.

Somewhat she didn't have that. So she was either a sensation-seeker/risk-taker by temperament (which would explain her attraction to drugs) or her brain was so cooked from drugs she just wasn't able to think clearly anymore.

Either way, evolution did its thing.

you really have nothing to support this. again, you have no idea what went down there, so all you say is just assumptions, and i think they are ridiculous. but you could be right.

but what about my point though then? That if she is lacking the neccesary training and apparantly common sense to do the job she is sent to do, and since you can see this from a 1000 miles away and just from reading an article, how come the police didnt spot this and realise they were sending a lamb to dine with wolves? how come the police didnt realise that she was totally unfit to do the job she was sent to do, and why didnt they stop it from happening if they did realise it?

everything you say above, if it is true, is just another argument against her ever being offered that choice in the first place. its an argument against putting people like that in those kind of situations.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:It is black mail, its saying hey "I wont do my job and prosecute you under the law IF you do this job for me" no different than someone discovering a dealer and saying " I wont turn you in IF you do X Y Z. "
Even with blackmail people have a choice... Just prosecute the people, and hire real informants to do that work. That is the legal responsibility of the agents.... to do their job. What gives them the power to act as a judge and create an optional sentence?

what is your understanding of black mail>?

Nope, they are still prosecuted and held accountable or what they have; the service they provide is simply taken into consideration.

The state draws up criminal charges, not the sentence. That is the power of the executive. The judiciary tries, the executive charges. Learn the difference between a charge and a sentence.

Blackmail is demanding money in return for not revealing damaging/embarrassing information.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@umeu
The police didn't give a shit about her, simple. They think criminals are trash, they treat them like people who are not entitled to respect. So they gambled with her, they thought she was just a disposable junkie. I bet this happens quite often in the USA.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Finally we get to the part that matters...

Yes it seems that way, and you think thats the right way? And what about papist?
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

I don't share Dolan's sentiment, so I'm not the right person to ask.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

same original question to you then:

That if she is lacking the neccesary training and apparantly common sense to do the job she is sent to do, how come the police didnt spot this and realise they were sending a lamb to dine with wolves? how come the police didnt realise that she was totally unfit to do the job she was sent to do, and why didnt they stop it from happening if they did realise it?
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

sorry papist, money though common, is not the only form of black mail exchange:

blackmail
/ˈblækˌmeɪl/
noun
the act of attempting to obtain money by intimidation, as by threats to disclose discreditable information
the exertion of pressure or threats, esp unfairly, in an attempt to influence someone's actions

Also from reading the transcripts of the story it does not appear these CI are ever having a day in court as they are not charged with any crime and the threat of the charge is what keeps them working as a CI

"Brian Sallee: No. I do not. I tell you you have a right to talk to a lawyer if I'm going to ask you incriminating questions. If we're talking about your becoming an informant, I don't have to tell you that you have a right to a lawyer.

That's because, since police often recruit confidential informants before charging them and without arresting them, they're not obligated by law to read them their rights. And agent Jason Weber didn't with Andrew Sadek.

He told us Sadek made three successful undercover drug buys as a C.I., half the number he'd been told was required of him, but then he stopped. Weber says Sadek was warned he would soon be charged if he didn't continue. Then one night a few weeks shy of graduation, security cameras snapped these pictures of Sadek walking out of his dorm at 2 a.m. on a Thursday morning. A day and a half later, he had not come back."
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

umeu wrote:if she is lacking the neccesary training and apparantly common sense to do the job she is sent to do, how come the police didnt spot this and realise they were sending a lamb to dine with wolves? how come the police didnt realise that she was totally unfit to do the job she was sent to do, and why didnt they stop it from happening if they did realise it?

Probably because she wasn't really that innocent or unprepared, she knew how to talk to these dealers, since she was a drug user herself. So it's possible she wasn't that helpless as we assume she was. Just that this time it was different, the police got greedy, they forced a big transaction (13.000$) to be closed, the drug dealers got suspicious and nothing else mattered. Not even whatever previous experience she had with them. Once they got suspicious, it was fear of getting caught talking through them, so they were ruthless.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

its stated in the article that she also went to buy weapons, while never having fired a gun. and that she was buying alot of drugs, while she never bought or sold at such quantities before, and also the type of drugs were of a different calibre. those are all factors imo that shouldve been taken into consideration. like i said, it wouldve been different if those guys were her usual suppliers but they apparantly werent. this was the first deal they were gonna make.

i mean the police is supposed to protect its citizens, and even criminals are still under police protection. to me doing these sorts of things looks like what u said before, they arent respecting her because she is considered a criminal, before she has been even convicted. and think its ok to do things with her that probably they would not allow their colleagues to do (go into a dangerous situation unprepared or atleast ill prepared)
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

W/e, it's just typical USA bulshit that happens every day in that country. I can't really relate to what's going on there, what with everyone carrying weapons, lots of young peeps growing and smoking weed like it's the age of aquarius and it's their birth right. It all sounds to me like a big jungle, a photorealistic GTA, where killing sprees are every day, ordinary events, police abuse is common because crime rate is high (prisons are full too) and almost everone has or wants to carry a weapon. So, if Trump wins and builds a wall around them, maybe we hear less about these issues, it's all going to be some distant, fuzzy noise behind the Wall.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I have at times seriously considering becoming an ex-patriot and moving abroad.... just have too much family connection and would probably feel lost in a new country, like where would I go and feel welcomed and be able to integrate? maybe someday....
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

iNcog wrote:You are all also convienently forgetting that there is no age restrictions on CI, or legislation to protect them. Nothing, nada.

That's not fucked up for you? lol, just lol

You can't criticize a world for lacking humanity if you don't have any yourself to begin with.

But the law says it's OK, so it must be OK!!1

Dude, careful, or you might pop a vein.

You're frothing at the mouth about some pothead who got herself killed in a police operation that went wrong (in the frigging USA, on another continent). You want something to apply your humanity to? Here's something:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-36720720

I don't see you foaming at the mouth about the hundreds of deaths in Iraq, or the massacres that happen in Africa every few weeks. Why? Because you don't see their faces, you don't see their pictures with likeable pets next to them, so you don't empathise with the horrors in those parts of the world.

You're such a white knight when it comes to this chick who got herself into trouble with the police and the drug maffia, just because she had a photo with a pet. If her photo showed her with an AK-47 in her hand or a baseball bat or a syringe injecting something in her arm, you wouldn't have been yelping about it.

That's the reason for this selective empathy that you're displaying here. You're not interested in those hundreds of deaths in Baghdad or in Africa, because they are faceless victims, they don't have pictures of themselves with cats or dogs, so you can empathise with them. Even if many of them are innocent men, women and children who just happened to be in that area when the bombs went off.

Typical white knight.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Yeah, but you aren't living in the USA right now. It's on another continent. And it's probably further than the human destruction taking place in the Middle East. Again, you have selective empathy and you rationalise your own preferences for whom you want to empathise with. And I think psychologically you made your choice when you saw that chick in a picture with a pet. Which rings a bell for you, so there you go.

So, go ahead, go on the streets of Paris and protest over the brutal and abusive practices of the USA police. Chain yourself to the Tour Eiffel, maybe the USA police will take notice, panic over your furious protest and write their resignations immediately.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I had no idea you lived 10 years in that country.

But anyway, I also lived in Belgium a few years, and I'm not gonna pull my hair out if I hear that Belgium police abused some criminal or something like that. I'm not a globalist empathiser.

I keep my empathy mostly for real life events, real people, the community I live in. I don't have much internet empathy, sorry for being such an online psychopath and offline empathiser.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote: