vegans!

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Re: vegans!

Post by Goodspeed »

iNcog wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Anyway @iNcog What exactly happened? Did someone try to convince you to go vegan?

Not really, I was annoyed at vegans on reddit and decided to rant about it here. Then I decided to troll /r/vegan on a whim.
So, what you're saying is you decided to troll people just because they follow the same diet as a couple of obnoxious fools?

And such an elaborate troll, too. What's up with you lately??

EDIT: Dang I got the first post on the page again. Rekt
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

nutrient deprivation is not exclusive to vegans as there are ways of eating unhealthy on both diets. an organic plant based diet is full of nutrients. eating raw allows the enzymes to remain alive so that people can actually get the most out of the food.

basically energetically raw foodist see things as living foods create life, dead foods slowly kill because it will take your life energy to make those nutrients etc.... alive again in you.

Almost no one has a protein deficiency as our bodies make protein, really people who eat plants for protein get it easier because the body breaks up the material into its basic amino acids that the body then rebuilds into RNA/ DNA and tissues. Breaking down meat is very energy taxing on the body. People way over eat protein.

@ laurence drake you might experience some detox symptoms that make make the beginning of the time a little uncomfortable. Especially if you water fast, you can feel sick for like the first 3 days as your body is removing toxins through the body that were being stored in fat. usually after day 3 you are purging some toxic crap and then after that the energy is so clear and pure. I got inspired to write a novel while on a 7 day fast. It gets easier the more you do it too. Start small with 1 day fast. Its something I would like to have more discipline to do once a week.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

basically energetically raw foodist see things as living foods create life, dead foods slowly kill because it will take your life energy to make those nutrients etc.... alive again in you.

you see it this way, or is there proof for it?

doesnt cooking make (some) food easier to digest, and thus easier to get the nutrients out. You just shouldnt cook it too long.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I do think some foods are better cooked! like potatoes but many raw foodist just wouldn't eat them. (maybe juicing sweet potatoes) And some cooking does help to break cellulose walls. My experience has been raw food juices that are basically full of nutrients and make me feel fantastic when I am that dedicated to it. at my best I was 80+% raw only cheating with a bag of chips and cookies one day a week. Over about 7 months I lost 90 lbs, skin became softer, had more energy, thought clearer, easier bowel movements, looked younger, and was happy all the time. I have also read that certain organic compounds in foods like bok choi are present if eaten raw, but other compounds are available if slightly cooked that broke down the first group. same with like Reshi mushroom tea, You can infuse it in cold water to extract a profile of medicinals compounds, and then boil it later to extract other ones. So I now eat both cooked (because i do like rice and beans and stir fried veggies) and raw plants, but honestly I felt my best ever when just eating raw plants. Energetically science can't really explain life force anyway.

Science is in the enzymes that are present in all foods that break down the rna/dna. cooking food kills them. hard to really even trust science when so much of it is politically motivated and looks at food in a caloric value. Which is so misleading and hardly relevant to food. For those that don't know a calorie is a measure of heat energy it takes to move 1liter of water 1degree Celsius. So to test food calories they burn the food to see how hot a quantity of liquid gets. There is no where in our bodies that we burn food like this. Its all about a chemical breakdown of food using enymes and digestive bacteria. that breaks food into its smallest parts that can then travel on blood cells into the body through the lymphatic system and absorbed by the cells and rebuilt into more cells. by that measure of science I should watch my caloric intake if I took too hot of a shower or was in the sun too long etc....
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

oh and when you see diet foods like reduced calories or zeor calorie coke.... they are just using non organic ingredients that do not burn. like a brick is zero calories but there is actually a lot of "energy" within that brick (its just very stable requiring much much more heat to burn/melt). So in many instances you are basically eating food grade plaster
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

The main problem with being vegetarian or vegan is that you are a fucking nuisance to others. One of my exroommates was a vegetarian and it was both extremely annoying for the rest of the house as for the people we visited. Whenever we'd eat somewhere he had to kinda nag about the food theyd serve, it was really annoying honestly. All of his being a good person was compensated by the amount of annoying he was (good guy otherwise tho). Another friend is a vegetarian when he doesnt have to bother people. When we eat with others or even he with me he adds meat to the dishes often, but alone he is a vegetarian.

Thats the only style I could see myself doing, but I try to be selfish and enjoy life as much as possible.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Jerom wrote:The main problem with being vegetarian or vegan is that you are a fucking nuisance to others. One of my exroommates was a vegetarian and it was both extremely annoying for the rest of the house as for the people we visited. Whenever we'd eat somewhere he had to kinda nag about the food theyd serve, it was really annoying honestly. All of his being a good person was compensated by the amount of annoying he was (good guy otherwise tho). Another friend is a vegetarian when he doesnt have to bother people. When we eat with others or even he with me he adds meat to the dishes often, but alone he is a vegetarian.

Thats the only style I could see myself doing, but I try to be selfish and enjoy life as much as possible.

Thats such a retarded argument...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

umeu wrote:
Jerom wrote:The main problem with being vegetarian or vegan is that you are a fucking nuisance to others. One of my exroommates was a vegetarian and it was both extremely annoying for the rest of the house as for the people we visited. Whenever we'd eat somewhere he had to kinda nag about the food theyd serve, it was really annoying honestly. All of his being a good person was compensated by the amount of annoying he was (good guy otherwise tho). Another friend is a vegetarian when he doesnt have to bother people. When we eat with others or even he with me he adds meat to the dishes often, but alone he is a vegetarian.

Its a bad reason to not be a vegetarian then? Makes little sense omeo.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Its mostly an excuse
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Jerom wrote:
umeu wrote:

Its a bad reason to not be a vegetarian then? Makes little sense omeo.

yes, i dont even think that qualifies as a nuisance, but doing stuff, or not doing stuff because you dont want to annoy others who have no business interfering with that part of your life anyway, is the most retarded thing you could do pretty much. if you do or dont do something, should depend on yourself.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

no, thats not what i said, and thats not the same example as in jeroms story. dont be an obnoxious twat incog.

its your own business to go jainist. and if its too much hassle for your "friends" to seperate the meat for you, then perhaps, they arent great friends. And on the other hand, if you can't accept that you might have to eat seperate meals from other people, perhaps you shouldnt have gone jainist.

but to say you are a nuisance to your enviroment because of a diet, thats just a big pile of steaming horsecrap. the only reason people see it that way is because they like to meddle in affairs that are none of their fucking business.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Incog, play more KaM it's a perfect relaxing, time wasting activity. You're gonna find getting worked up over every little thing like this is just not sustainable, you'll end up a grumpy old fool.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Fair enough but then you also made a huge shitpost on reddit
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

iNcog wrote:i'm just being an asshole at this point (devil's advocate?) :P

still though, i don't see the difference between a vegan and a jainist, only that jainists take vegan logic one step further

now:
but to say you are a nuisance to your enviroment because of a diet

I agree, this just isn't true, but only if you take responsibility of your diet. in jerom's friend's case, that guy was being annoying to his environment because he had special needs which others did not and others had to cater towards it, no? how is that not being annoying?

does being a vegan/vegetarian/jainist require me to not go out with my meat-loving friends? you say it yourself

And on the other hand, if you can't accept that you might have to eat seperate meals from other people, perhaps you shouldnt have gone jainist.

i dunno

honestly i agree that people are free to do what they want but it's not like there aren't consequences for such actions

it's like doing drugs and get hospitalized for it, then having that on your medical record. how is that junkie ever going to whine that he's no airline company will hire him as a pilot?

it's a dumb example, but i guess it means that if you are a vegan, you may be annoying

tl;dr you are free to do what you want but i still think that your actions have repercussions even if they don't directly affect someone else. such a repercussion may as well be "annoying" but that's fine since it's not illegal to be annoying (as i've shown countless times)

so youre basically repeating what i already said. gj incugnutu XD
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote: