ESOC Council

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
United States of America jamesmp98
Dragoon
ESO: jamesmp98

ESOC Council

Post by jamesmp98 »

Could someone explain to me what this is and how it benefits the site. What people are for it and what people are against it. I missed when all o this happened and would just like to be in the know about it.
best german stratgey

1. age with 3 settler wagon
2. make pike
3. push
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Re: ESOC Council

Post by Laurence Drake »

There are many threads about the Council. We suggest you use the search function to find them. I am a Council member myself and, to put it simply, the Council aims to provide a voice for the community and promote its interests among the site administrators, who are broadly considered to be out of touch.
Top quality poster.
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

The ESOC Council is like a cancer which need to be removed.

Unfortunately dokter Mankle left the building and we do have a problem right now.
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

jamesmp98 wrote:Could someone explain to me what this is and how it benefits the site. What people are for it and what people are against it. I missed when all o this happened and would just like to be in the know about it.

The esoc council is a group that mediates discussions on these forums, and tries to make sure things don't go too crazy. They are unpaid interns without mod status, and they resist overtly strict moderation. They seem to be mainly a protest group.
Error 404: Signature not found
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

dietschlander wrote: ESOC Council
Wrong color. Try again.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Who is mankle anyway?
Top quality poster.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

mantlet u mean?
:pop:
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

jamesmp98 wrote:Could someone explain to me what this is and how it benefits the site. What people are for it and what people are against it. I missed when all o this happened and would just like to be in the know about it.

The ESOC Council is not an officially sanctioned part of the forums. At best they claim to be a good part of the forum that wishes to help the community by brainstorming ideas that will benefit us as a whole. At worst they seem to be trolls who really only visit off-topic and don't produce anything for the community.

I haven't really seen anything productive out of the Council (yet?). I do agree that it is a good idea in principle but I think the execution of it has been extremely terrible.

From information you can gather from various posts it seems that most of the official staff does not take them seriously because the council does not take itself seriously. This isn't an official statement, and I'm not condemning the council, I would just have to say they need to actually be useful if they want official recognition.

I would pretty much disregard any other comments beside this unless they are backed up by links to actual text posts without any editing. (Screenshots DO NOT count)
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Durokan wrote:

The ESOC Council is not an officially sanctioned part of the forums. At best they claim to be a good part of the forum that wishes to help the community by brainstorming ideas that will benefit us as a whole. At worst they seem to be trolls who really only visit off-topic and don't produce anything for the community.

I haven't really seen anything productive out of the Council (yet?). I do agree that it is a good idea in principle but I think the execution of it has been extremely terrible.

From information you can gather from various posts it seems that most of the official staff does not take them seriously because the council does not take itself seriously. This isn't an official statement, and I'm not condemning the council, I would just have to say they need to actually be useful if they want official recognition.

I would pretty much disregard any other comments beside this unless they are backed up by links to actual text posts without any editing. (Screenshots DO NOT count)

The Esoc-Council will definitely be productive if the esoc board approves the Council and give them a name tag WITH color
r]
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

Gichtenlord wrote:The Esoc-Council will definitely be productive if the esoc board approves the Council and give them a name tag WITH color

That's not how things work around here. I can relate to this because both me and riki did stuff independently of staff and then asked to join once we could show we were both good candidates for the map team. We didn't join the staff with the promise of "We'll work real hard if you give us a special color"
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Durokan wrote:

Oy vey! Mr. Goldberg must be paying you well.
Top quality poster.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Durokan wrote:
Gichtenlord wrote:The Esoc-Council will definitely be productive if the esoc board approves the Council and give them a name tag WITH color

That's not how things work around here. I can relate to this because both me and riki did stuff independently of staff and then asked to join once we could show we were both good candidates for the map team. We didn't join the staff with the promise of "We'll work real hard if you give us a special color"

I joined almost like that except I didnt ask for a special color. That being said, I still want my orange.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Top quality poster.
Niue Le Dragon
Dragoon

Post by Le Dragon »

Why doesn't he wash off the shaving cream?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

maybe it's not cream
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

The salty surprise
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

ESOC Council is a bunch of guys who haven't seen each-other since high school sitting around a table in awkward silence because they can't really relate to each other anymore until someone makes an immature joke and everyone laughs awkwardly because it would have been funny in their youth, but now it's just cringey and then one person coughs and then a few people clear their throats because it's less awkward to do so in the wake of the cough than to break the silence first.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Jam wrote:ESOC Council is a bunch of guys who haven't seen each-other since high school sitting around a table in awkward silence because they can't really relate to each other anymore until someone makes an immature joke and everyone laughs awkwardly because it would have been funny in their youth, but now it's just cringey and then one person coughs and then a few people clear their throats because it's less awkward to do so in the wake of the cough than to break the silence first.

Fucking lol
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Jam wrote:ESOC Council is a bunch of guys who haven't seen each-other since high school sitting around a table in awkward silence because they can't really relate to each other anymore until someone makes an immature joke and everyone laughs awkwardly because it would have been funny in their youth, but now it's just cringey and then one person coughs and then a few people clear their throats because it's less awkward to do so in the wake of the cough than to break the silence first.

More lies and slander. How much is H20 paying you?
Top quality poster.
Jaeger

Goodspeed wrote:

Fucking lol
@GS 2 upvotes for your comment. Ich verstehe nicht.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: Image :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

Laurence Drake wrote:

$30/hr
Jaeger

Jam wrote:
Laurence Drake wrote:

$30/hr
If you join the ESOC Council, you'll obtain something you've never had and that is much more valuable than 30 bucks: dignity.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

In how far is dignity worth money. I would still take the money.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.