Canada

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
France iNcog
Ninja

Canada

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Canada

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

Quebecois speak French with a weird accent apparently.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Canada

Post by Mimsy for President »

God bless Quebec And no place else. And yes, I can do both accents.
By the way you forgot

Hockey. Eh?. Celine Dion. Mitoe. Over-polite.
Jaeger

Canada

deleted_user wrote:I''m (un)fortunate enough to know several Canadians and talk to them in mumble. One doesn''t even know how many providences are in canada, the other thinks Yosemite is pronounced "yoce-might," and the third will randomly turn the subject to hockey at any given notice. Not to mention an absurd amount of "ehs" are said, and about 1 in every 10 "about"s are said as "aboot."

Strange place.
The Americans and the British pronounce differently the word "dynasty". Too much generalization in your post :rolleyes:
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Canada

Post by Metis »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK3I7c0upHE

Seriously, Canadians are pretty much like Americans, except they usually more friendly and polite.

I used to go to Canada a lot. All they would ever say was "Please check your guns" and "Welcome to Canada!" On the other hand, the thuggish US border guards made you feel like a criminal with their lengthy interrogations and threats.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Canada

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

That's because the USA is an oligarchic police state
No Flag divine_moon
Dragoon

Canada

Post by divine_moon »

drlegend wrote:I got you covered.

FUN FACTS ABOUT CANADA

* Canada is still technically owned by England and has to dance for them when commanded.

* It is rumored Canada has its own military. Their most powerful weapon is the telephone with which they can call America and say, "Help! We''re being invaded, eh!"

* Canadians think they are superior to Americans. The rational basis for this is unknown.

* The northern area of Canada is technically God-forsaken. If anyone there has a prayer, he or she first has to mail it to an American priest for God to hear it.

* Most of the prayers involve hockey and are promptly ignored.

* Canada has no known industry. It is believed all their income comes from sales of syrup and hockey tickets.

* Canadians don''t have any nuclear missiles because we decided they are not mature enough for them. Maybe when they''re older.

LOL!
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Canada

Post by Mitoe »

deleted_user wrote:I''m (un)fortunate enough to know several Canadians and talk to them in mumble. One doesn''t even know how many providences are in canada, the other thinks Yosemite is pronounced "yoce-might," and the third will randomly turn the subject to hockey at any given notice. Not to mention an absurd amount of "ehs" are said, and about 1 in every 10 "about"s are said as "aboot."

Strange place.
I''m sorry.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Canada

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

Parmee?
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Canada

Post by Metis »

"One doesn't even know how many providences are in Canada"

Most Americans probably know that there are 50 states but relatively few have any idea of where they actually are located.
No Flag Janer
Crossbow

Canada

Post by Janer »

Strange place.

They''re called provinces, darling!

I wish Canada wasn''t England''s bitch. For example a couple of years ago, a local transportation company here got new ferries to add to their current fleet. All of the previous boats had a picture of the Queen on board and had the word "Queen" in their names. The new ferries didn''t have either, and apparently that upset our supreme rulers across the sea enough to make a fuss and we eventually added a picture of the Queen onto the ship. Silly, eh?
No Flag Janer
Crossbow

Canada

Post by Janer »

shaolinstar wrote:God bless Quebec And no place else. And yes, I can do both accents.
By the way you forgot?

Hockey. Eh?. Celine Dion. Mitoe. Over-polite.

Mitoe is an awful representation of a true Canadian. He doesn''t even like hockey for Christ''s sakes! Although, he does live in an exceptionally cold climate where polar bears roam free and the internet is terribly slow, so he has that going for him, I guess.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Canada

Post by Mitoe »

I'm sorry.
Jaeger

Canada

[video size="medium" src="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTsDqIcpHUc"][/video]
France iNcog
Ninja

Canada

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Canada

Post by Jam »

incog wrote:I''m not really considering going there, nor do I have any particular interest in this country.

Yet I admit it''s kind of weird that they chose a leaf, of all things, for their flag.

I''m also French so we like to poke fun at French-Canadians (jokes on us since the world pokes fun at us..).

So really, I''d like to discuss this country a bit more. In particular I think the following quote sums up Canada quite nicely, would like to hear opinions though first :

Mooses. Maple syrup. Beavers.
We make fun of Quebec too, as the eccentric province. Newfoundlanders have confusing dialects, Toronto sucks for some reason, Alberta is Canada''s Texas, and Vancouver is full of hippies. Maple syrup is amazing, but not as amazing as you are. Lots of moose in the maritimes and wetlands. Lots of beavers in the wetlands. We do say eh. If you ever visit I''ll give you a nice big Shawinigan Handshake.

This is the immigration test for Newfoundland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X36gX0njZPQ
France benj89
Howdah

Canada

Post by benj89 »

Newfoundland or the most adorable dogs :)?
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag divine_moon
Dragoon

Canada

Post by divine_moon »

jam wrote:
incog wrote:Im not really considering going there, nor do I have any particular interest in this country.

Yet I admit its kind of weird that they chose a leaf, of all things, for their flag.

Im also French so we like to poke fun at French-Canadians (jokes on us since the world pokes fun at us..).

So really, Id like to discuss this country a bit more. In particular I think the following quote sums up Canada quite nicely, would like to hear opinions though first :

We make fun of Quebec too, as the eccentric province. Newfoundlanders have confusing dialects, Toronto sucks for some reason, Alberta is Canadas Texas, and Vancouver is full of hippies. Maple syrup is amazing, but not as amazing as you are. Lots of moose in the maritimes and wetlands. Lots of beavers in the wetlands. We do say eh. If you ever visit Ill give you a nice big Shawinigan Handshake.

This is the immigration test for Newfoundland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X36gX0njZPQ
coming from another country i dont get it..
this is REAL? or is it just a joke?
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Canada

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Canada

Post by Jam »

divinemoon wrote:
jam wrote:We make fun of Quebec too, as the eccentric province. Newfoundlanders have confusing dialects, Toronto sucks for some reason, Alberta is Canadas Texas, and Vancouver is full of hippies. Maple syrup is amazing, but not as amazing as you are. Lots of moose in the maritimes and wetlands. Lots of beavers in the wetlands. We do say eh. If you ever visit Ill give you a nice big Shawinigan Handshake.

coming from another country i dont get it..
That was just the shortest video I could find. Traditionally theyre supposed to be wearing yellow fishermans coats and the screecher-inner is supposed to carry an ugly-stick (an oar).
No Flag divine_moon
Dragoon

Canada

Post by divine_moon »

jam wrote:
divinemoon wrote:coming from another country i dont get it..
That was just the shortest video I could find. Traditionally theyre supposed to be wearing yellow fishermans coats and the screecher-inner is supposed to carry an ugly-stick (an oar).
:eyecrazy:
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Canada

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

divinemoon wrote:
jam wrote:That was just the shortest video I could find. Traditionally theyre supposed to be wearing yellow fishermans coats and the screecher-inner is supposed to carry an ugly-stick (an oar).
:eyecrazy:
:angryapple:
No Flag divine_moon
Dragoon

Canada

Post by divine_moon »

frycookofdoom wrote:
divinemoon wrote: :eyecrazy:
:angryapple:
tomato better than grumpy apple... :happytomato:
France iNcog
Ninja

Canada

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --