Coup in Turkey ~ Breeze please stay safe!

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Re: Coup in Turkey ~ Breeze please stay safe!

Post by Mimsy for President »

The Turkish police did a pretty good job.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

update,

it's the formal news website it has it's english version you can see whats going as latest news.
http://aa.com.tr/en
after 2-3 hours news are going better, you can see how a governor talks to one of those soldiers
https://www.facebook.com/ensonhaber/vid ... 256861559/
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

wew lad
Top quality poster.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Well, this means any chance of a secular Turkey is pretty much gone now. Erdogan will use this event to increase his power and make sure the army higher officers are all chosen from his supporters. He even proposed a reinstatement of the death penalty.
So it looks like Turkey will become more traditional/islamic and Erdogan will increase his powers to the point where his regime becomes practically authoritarian.

I'm curious to see how those "negotiation" chapters with the EU will be considered now. EU leaders must have been cringing at the thought they have ever considered Turkey becoming a EU member. It's pretty much a closed chapter now, imo.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

They are most likely rioting because the Turkish goverment decided to ban YouTube in Turkey again.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

yurashic wrote:They are most likely rioting because the Turkish goverment decided to ban YouTube in Turkey again.

keep your own people unknown and you can do whatever you wish
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

there is better things than making nonsense posts, like wtf, coup happening and they talk about erdogan increasing power, wtf? over 160 dead people is it joke? please think twice before making comment
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Hamas supporters celebrate coup's 'defeat'

Hamas supporters in Gaza kiss picture of President Erdogan (Reuters)

Gaza's Hamas rulers have congratulated Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan for quashing an attempted military coup.

The Islamic militant group condemned the attempt as a "vicious'' plot to overthrow Erdogan.

BBC Middle East editor Jeremy Bowen on reasons for the coup
Jeremy Bowen
BBC Middle East editor

The attempted coup happened because Turkey is deeply divided over President Erdogan's project to transform the country and because of the contagion of violence from the war in Syria.

President Erdogan and his AK party have become experts at winning elections, but there have always been doubts about his long-term commitment to democracy.

He is a political Islamist who has rejected modern Turkey's secular heritage.

Mr Erdogan has been increasingly authoritarian - and assuming the coup attempt is crushed might become more so.

He is trying to turn himself into a strong executive president.

From the beginning Mr Erdogan's government has been deeply involved in the war in Syria, backing Islamist opposition to President Assad - but violence has spread across the border, helping to reignite the fight with the Kurdish PKK - and making Turkey into a target for the jihadists who call themselves Islamic State.

That has caused a lot of disquiet.

Turkey has faced increasing turmoil - and the attempt to overthrow President Erdogan will not be the last of it.
Niue Le Dragon
Dragoon

Post by Le Dragon »

Dolan wrote:Well, this means any chance of a secular Turkey is pretty much gone now. Erdogan will use this event to increase his power and make sure the army higher officers are all chosen from his supporters. He even proposed a reinstatement of the death penalty.
So it looks like Turkey will become more traditional/islamic and Erdogan will increase his powers to the point where his regime becomes practically authoritarian.

I'm curious to see how those "negotiation" chapters with the EU will be considered now. EU leaders must have been cringing at the thought they have ever considered Turkey becoming a EU member. It's pretty much a closed chapter now, imo.

Agreed, it would have been better if the coup had never happened. The last Kemalist stronghold in Turkey is gone. Erdogan will use this as an excuse to pave the way towards further Islamisation.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

To be fair, a coup without the support of even either leading army officers or the population (as it turns out) is so stupid hardly even a Turk would attempt it. It follows that it's likely a false flag operation staged by Erdogu – especially in a country where white euro-trash has such immense economic and political interests. I mean, there would be 9 Redcoat Intervention home-city shipments up the fucking ass...
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I think they were hoping that once they controlled the main centres of power in the country, the rest of the army would join them. Big miscalculation.
The whole thing now seems a bit amateurish, it looks like it hasn't been planned thoroughly.

And yeah, this outcome means Erdogan has pretty much free hand to do whatever he wants. He can even declare a fucking caliphate in Turkey now and his supporters will be behind him.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

deleted_user wrote:there is better things than making nonsense posts, like wtf, coup happening and they talk about erdogan increasing power, wtf? over 160 dead people is it joke? please think twice before making comment
It's improbably a joke, but probably a false-flag operation, staged drama – by Erdogan, for Erdogan. As it happens, this matters very little for the direct personal-gain interests of the white euro-trash first world, but unfortunately very much for the Turkish population. In time, they will realize this, and in time Turkey will enter a progressive, liberal course for its society. If nothing else, this is practically guaranteed by the power-interests vested in the country by Europe and the U.S.
Niue Le Dragon
Dragoon

Post by Le Dragon »

zoom wrote:
deleted_user wrote:there is better things than making nonsense posts, like wtf, coup happening and they talk about erdogan increasing power, wtf? over 160 dead people is it joke? please think twice before making comment
It's improbably a joke, but probably false and a staged drama by Erdogan, for Erdogan. As it happens, this matters very little for the direct personal-gain interests of the white euro-trash first world, but unfortunately very much for the Turkish population. In time, they will realize this, and in time Turkey will enter a progressive, liberal course for its society. If nothing else, this is practically guaranteed by the power-interests vested in the country by Europe and the U.S.

It didn't seem like Erdogan was expecting it tbh.

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Le Dragon wrote:
zoom wrote:
It's improbably a joke, but probably false and a staged drama by Erdogan, for Erdogan. As it happens, this matters very little for the direct personal-gain interests of the white euro-trash first world, but unfortunately very much for the Turkish population. In time, they will realize this, and in time Turkey will enter a progressive, liberal course for its society. If nothing else, this is practically guaranteed by the power-interests vested in the country by Europe and the U.S.

Yes, and isn't that convenient?
Jaeger

Erdogan is the leader most European countries need. Give us Erdogan, we'll give you Hollande and his barber.

@Le Dragon @Dolan C'mon ^^^
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

If Erdogan were France's president, he would just build more mosques in France.
Niue Le Dragon
Dragoon

Post by Le Dragon »

zoom wrote:
Le Dragon wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Yes, and isn't that convenient?

hang on, let me find a tinfoil hat for you...
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Yeah, I've heard about this theory that it was all planned by Erdogan, so that he would emerge as a hero and get even more votes and support.

But I think this event did so much damage to Turkey's credibility in Europe and in the world, that I don't think any leader would be so stupid to stage a failed coup that shows his country is far from a true democracy.
Jaeger

Dolan wrote:You must be fucking kidding...

You want freedom of press to be under attack?

You want your country to go back to religious influence?

If Erdogan were France's president, he would just build more mosques in France. He already has plans to build more mosques in many countries, as part of a plan to spread Islamism.
France is a bureaucratic hell. It can't be worse.
Now in all seriousness, why would we want Turks to be like Westerners? They have their own culture and religion. Why are we so self-righteous? History has cycles and you simply can't say their model is doomed because they have a worse GDP or because they ban media. Turkey and Saudi Arabia are supposed to overtake France's economy for instance. In the end, with a better welfare, there will be more gays and trannies if that makes you happy. You know, rich countries problems...
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Well, go live in Syria then, if you think your country is in pretty bad shape...

Personally I don't give a fuck, they can do whatever they want. I was never a supporter of the idea that Turkey should join the EU, for example. So the only perspective from which I would care if they became more or less Islamic, was if their membership was considered seriously again. Obviously, as a EU citizen I wouldn't want an Islamic state in the EU.

Why would you want that history would go back to religion and barbaric shit?

Turkey and Saudi Arabia are supposed to overtake France's economy for instance. In the end, with a better welfare, there will be more gays and trannies if that makes you happy.

After this coup, their tourism will take a big hit. There's no way they will allow for gays and trannies, considering Saudi Arabia applies Sharia law, and Turkey might follow soon.
Most likely they will punish them by sticking a burning metal rod into their asses, as the prophet said.
Jaeger

Mimsy For President wrote:
Dolan wrote:Well, go live in Syria then, if you think your country is in pretty bad shape...

Personally I don't give a fuck, they can do whatever they want. I was never a supporter of the idea that Turkey should join the EU, for example. So the only perspective from which I would care if they became more or less Islamic, was if their membership was considered seriously again. Obviously, as a EU citizen I wouldn't want an Islamic state in the EU.
Why would you want that history would go back to religion and barbarious shit?
New vs old, it's a fallacious argument. Even though I agree with the barbarious shit argument, Saudi Arabia isn't the most "islamic" place in the world. The Saud family is de facto in contradiction with the Abrahamic religions' precepts. It's just a matter of time before people overthrow the dynasty. No oil = no American support.
Mimsy For President wrote:
Dolan wrote:
Mimsy For President wrote:Turkey and Saudi Arabia are supposed to overtake France's economy for instance. In the end, with a better welfare, there will be more gays and trannies if that makes you happy.

After this coup, their tourism will take a big hit. There's no way they will allow for gays and trannies, considering Saudi Arabia applies Sharia law, and Turkey might follow soon.
Here, Erdogan with a tranny. :hmm: Turkey is already depraved you know.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Well, weren't many of their sultans and princes in the past pedos? Since they were in constant threat of being killed, they lived in closed rooms, protected by the influence of their mothers. At least that's what I've read somewhere, there was something about those Ottoman princes who lived secluded lives in closed rooms, because their mothers feared they would be killed if one of their brothers wanted to take up power. It was considered a norm back then, once you get to power, to kill all your brothers so they could never plot to dethrone you. So rumours have it those princes were more or less pedos, because they never developed a mature sexuality.

Then there were rumours that sultans, besides having harems of women, also had their favourite boys, so yeah it seems Turkey has some traditions in this respect.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

has Turkey revolted with huss or ironclads????
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Re: Breeze please stay safe!

Post by Goodspeed »

Dolan wrote:This is basically a clash between forces that want a more secular state in Turkey and forces that want a more religious/traditional state.

For example:
Antalya imam: 'Take to streets for democracy'.
There are plenty of reports on social media that the dawn call to prayer has been heard coming from mosques in Istanbul hours ahead of schedule. This means religious leaders are encouraging people to take it to the streets to support Erdogan.

LE. Now Obama and Kerry come out supporting 'democratically-elected government'. So, maybe the USA wasn't involved, after all.
How does that mean they weren't involved?

That said I agree they probably weren't.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Well, there still is a small chance that they were involved or at least they were "in the know" about it being planned from the USA by Fethullah Gulen. Considering that Gulen lives under CIA protection and he is being accused (by Erdogan) of involvement in this plot, maybe there was something about it. And maybe the CIA knew and informed Obama about it. So, they could have probably given him the go-ahead to try and remove Erdogan from power. That would explain why the US was so slow to react to the news. They were hesitant at first to condemn the coup, they seemed to be waiting to see how things would pan out.

Once they saw Erdogan managed to return to Istanbul and shield himself with the crowds he called to his defense, they realised it's over and started emitting the usual official talk: we support the democratically elected govt, etc etc etc. So, there is a possibility that the US knew about the plot and just let it happen, even though they didn't directly get involved in it, since that could cause a major diplomatic fallout if it ended up being disclosed to the public. I'm sure the USA doesn't like Erdogan and his Islamic ambitions much, as well as his potential support for ISIS.