Rate the Civs!

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Rate the Civs!

Post by sirmusket »

Hey guys I'm introducing a little fun topic " Rate the Civs" pretty much it involves well... ranking the civs in order from worst to best. The civ's will preferabely be based on the EP however for those who perhaps don't have the EP or aren't familiar with their new nerfs/buffs, eg 255 food vills for Russia, and 100 wood less start fro French, you can base your list on the RE. Therefore when making the list it would be easier to write on top RE/EP so everyone knows what you are basing the civilsaiton on. Here is my list, if you dislike it tell me whats wrong and show us yours :) :lol:
The civilizations: Aztec,Iroquois,Sioux,Chinese,Japanese,Indians,Spanish, British,French,German,Russia,Dutch,Portuguese,Ottomans
My List: EP Worst--> Best
14) Sioux
13) Iroquois
12) Spanish
11) Ottomans
10) Dutch
9) Russians
8) Indians
7) Aztecs
6) British
5) Chinese (once old han fucks off they wont be OP no more)
4) Japanese ( YumiWall)
3) French ( sorry fre you were n0.1 once upon a time)
2) Germans ( ye ger> fre why not)
1) Portuguese ( Aizamk 10/10 OP) Honestly haters gonna hate but Port OP

My list is gonna spark some wars, please dont its just a matter of opinion ^^ :lol: :lol:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Rate the Civs!

Post by momuuu »

1) Aztec
2) Ports
3) Japan
4) Dutch
5) Spain
6) China
7) British
8) Russia
9) France
10) India
11) Otto
12) Germany
13) Iro
14) Sioux

I have no idea how I still think iro is number 13 and everything is completely not accurate. Although I feel kinda comfortable about the top 5 I listed I think, spots interchangable.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

india is the best, all others are 13/14 :)
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

Jerom wrote:1) Aztec
2) Ports
3) Japan
4) Dutch
5) Spain
6) China
7) British
8) Russia
9) France
10) India
11) Otto
12) Germany
13) Iro
14) Sioux

I have no idea how I still think iro is number 13 and everything is completely not accurate. Although I feel kinda comfortable about the top 5 I listed I think, spots interchangable.

serious? germany 12? and dutch 4...
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:india is the best, all others are 13/14 :)

India is mid tier
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

If the patch has only rearranged the grouping of civ strength without leveling out the playing field then it has FAILED. but the reality is more complex of a rock/paper/scissors where some civs are better than others at fighting each. For me I do best with india, my play style with them I can not replicate with other civs. Though I did jest a little because I can play well with other civs too I just never get bored with india. So for me they are the best!
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:If the patch has only rearranged the grouping of civ strength without leveling out the playing field then it has FAILED. but the reality is more complex of a rock/paper/scissors where some civs are better than others at fighting each. For me I do best with india, my play style with them I can not replicate with other civs. Though I did jest a little because I can play well with other civs too I just never get bored with india. So for me they are the best!

What you are good at or like and what is best are different things, India is my strongest and favourite civ too perhaps equal with Germans but they aren't the best for sure, lol
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

what makes civs the best then? it seems rather subjective when civs have strengths and weaknesses and may be good vs some civs but not others.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

in play on non patch, so yes I will say other civs are better than India. Some civs are just not balanced right
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

sirmusket wrote:
Jerom wrote:1) Aztec
2) Ports
3) Japan
4) Dutch
5) Spain
6) China
7) British
8) Russia
9) France
10) India
11) Otto
12) Germany
13) Iro
14) Sioux

serious? germany 12? and dutch 4...

Yes I think thats a very decent assesment on the EP.

If my list were any accurate then the balance has improved quite a bit.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

RE (besht patch)!!

Iroquois
Ottoman
Japan
China
Germany
French
British
India
Sioux
Dutch
Aztec
Toltecs
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

12 civs, legit.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Mapuche and Apache I forgot
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

German - cucked by PC politics, they are so afraid of their Nazi past that they push their tolerance to the point of self-flagellation; because of this they have nerfed their own military down to about 226000 soldiers (out of a nation of 80 milion) - which is almost the same size as Romania's military (out of a population of 19 milion peeps)

France - a post-colonial mess, plagued by statist capitalism and failed migration policies; their units used to be OP, but now some of their nat allies turned out to be suicidal petards. Lots of their CDBs die to their own nats, who detonate themselves next to town centers or who melee their own priests

Ottomans - touted as a possible ally and modernising member of Europe, it recently turned back to its past, boosting the stats of their imams, now their mosque affords a bigger trickle of XP; the recent coup attempt made by their janissaries lead to a crackdown on their barracks; rumours are that in team games Ottos and Russians might be playing as a team, no matter in which individual team they are

Russia - always an underestimated civ because of their slow eco start and lower economic score, Russia keeps trying to prove it still is a superpower even if its eco can hardly support this claim; they still pose a big threat because of their ability to infiltrate a blockhouse in the enemy's territory and overpower their early game with infiltrated troops on the ground; people underestimate the role Russia's spies can play in their game, church is also still strong in Russia's strategies

Japan - a nation plagued by crippling deflation and aging demographics, they still have good units, but their economy needs steady investment just to be able to kickstart; because of their rather slow eco start, Japan refused any migration and walled themselves in, hoping to make it safe to the next age, where they can take advantage of their advanced technology (too bad most Japanese units are still using Windows XP and flip phones)

Aztec - a feisty nation that is always trying to cross your borders and rush you with their bare-foot soldiers. Their rush strategies are hampered by civs which tend to build walls around their borders. Sometimes their units go in stealth mode and still manage to cross their enemy's borders.

China - a civ that if left unchecked it can advance to the next age and overpower many civs with the cloned tech they acquired from other civs through their spies. They are not very creative but they have lots of units and their vills are hard-working. Their strength is in the low cost of their units relative to the quite good stats that they have.

British - they may have lost their former empire, but their units are still among the best, and their military is supported by an economy that can get really strong the more time they get left unbothered. One of the few civs that have nuclear capabilites late game, you'd rather not let them get to that stage, when they can use their rockets. After they left the nilla union of Euro civs, their economy might get nerfed for years to come.

India - their vills might be poor, but they don't need much food to get by. Indians are big gold bugs, they don't miss any opportunity to mine some gold and use it for their units. If left unchecked for a long time, they can get to the point where they can summon a force to be reckoned with, comprised of war elephants, urumis, and even some imported Ottoman nuclear weapons.

Dutch - after their banks have been boosted the Dutch have managed to lift themselves from the economic crisis they previously underwent, when their banks were in short supply of liquidity; now they seem overpowered in allied games, where they get enough time to max out on banks and send their team military cards. Late game, their economy still relies on their traditional mills.

Ports - recently, they went through a huge economic crisis, but they seem to be recovering after the cost of their vills has been lowered.

Spain - once a mighty empire, today the Spanish are hardly a major force. The economic crisis made them a shadow of their former self. They can still pack a punch, though, especially with their melee units and fast artillery shipment in age 3, as well as their specially trained dogs.

Sioux - are they still a civ? I think they live in some reservations. Most people say they're a broken civ.

Iroquois - these guys are severly under-teched. They need to go to age 4 just to get some artillery, by that time most civs already have nuclear weapons.