A New model for a New Economy.

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

A New model for a New Economy.

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I think heavily on the issue of the economy and how money is created and exchanged through transactions. I have been formulating a plan for a new model that I think would work quite well. This is based on the concept that we are free peoples and this is a peoples Gov't there for the money should be distributed to the people and not lent out through banks. And also that the purpose of money is to act as a "receipt" for goods and services people provide to mitigate problems with the barter system.

here is my idea to balance and stabilize the economy I know it is a lot but i think its worth reading...

Step One= audit the fed to know exactly what we are dealing with.

Step Two= abolish centralized banking and offering amnesty to all bankers willing to forgo profits and help turn the system around. (to prevent a collapse)

Step Three= Take all monies owed to and paid back to the federal reserve ( a corrupt and unnessessary institution) and 90% of money collected by banks (their fractional reserve overload) and each year at tax time evenly distribute it to all people (maybe use tiers or adolescents) as a "dividend". do this until all the debt is erased and balanced with actual currency in the economy.

From then on only angel loans will be available for emergency purposes. Interest however small ruins the math equation (there may be a way to accommodate interest which we will talk about later)

Aim: This will boost the economy in that those who have no debt (as not to punish people making smart choices) will have a boost to do something extra, invest etc... and those in debt will be able to pay it off and have an income to participate in society, boosting production of others as a consumer.

Step 4= The creation of new money. Money will be issued on how much GDP of resources and services the country provides. For instance if a farmer makes 200 lbs of apples the govt says that is worth 400$ dollars (2$per lb). If a massage therapist does 100hrs of massage they say that is worth 6,000 (60$hr), a craftsman builds a chair at X amount of materials plus time ($50hr) = Y. Then the gov't tallys up that value each year and directly distributes it evenly to the people.

Aim: to have the currency in production match the resources and services rendered so that there is money to actually pay for them. This will allow those who produce to get their "dividend" and be successful by producing or serving in reaping what they actually sell. This still allows for free market because if there is a really good massage therapist they can charge more (like 100hr), it will most likely be the farmer who sells his apples who can afford the really good masseuse or the more expensive chair from the super talented artist. Or those can sell their work cheaper if they need more business. the values are just accepted values and arbitrary at this time. To keep things in balance the highest value wage would be no more than 7 times the lowest value range (say from doctors to low skilled jobs). These numbers may even fluctuate as if there become too many barbers and not enough mechanics then society would value mechanics at a higher rate to attract more people to that profession.

Possible consequences to deal with: One thing I need to figure out is if the total GDP needs to take in consideration expired resources. Would it need to be that the 400$ of apples the farmer made then be subtracted from the next years GDP or not? while a crafted chair can be bought and sold many times, people eat the apples and they are gone but the money would be in the economy forever. Which could lead to inflation so I think there would have to be expiration dates on resources created that match the lifespan of the services in some way.
I do not like interest but it could be integrated if the interest were tracked and accounted for and then added to the "dividend" and payed out evenly to all citizens.

How does the gov't collect taxes? It doesn't! because the Gov't jobs would be filling out its own resources and services created worksheets, but be paying the workers directly instead of them competing in the free market. They do the work society needs to continue to operate, however they have fixed prices for that work and can not charge more for being a really good teacher, or fireman.

I think a system similar to this would motivate people to work, stimulate positive economic growth and avoiding the cyclical natire of credit bubbles. It would take care of those that cant work or are inbetween jobs, while removing the complexities of many social services that would be obsolete. Please feel free to share this. and share ideas on how it could work
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Re: A New model for a New Economy.

Post by fightinfrenchman »

This makes no sense
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

i am here to answer any questions what do you not understand?
Niue Le Dragon
Dragoon

Post by Le Dragon »

This will undermine the capitalist system. Enjoy hyperinflation and high unemployment for the rest of your life.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

why do you think that? how would the hyper inflation be worse than what would be now if not artificially controlled at the hands of a few people? basically getting to print money for free and have everyone work for them. How could we modify this system to ease those concerns?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:why do you think that? how would the hyper inflation be worse than what would be now if not artificially controlled at the hands of a few people? basically getting to print money for free and have everyone work for them. How could we modify this system to ease those concerns?

Would this new economy allow people to sell cool knives on ESOC? The $74 one got deleted and I don't want people to miss out on the deal!
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

that would be up to ESOC if they wanted to allow a sales board, as for selling that is what economies are based on.
Netherlands irr3alist
Dragoon
Donator 05

Post by irr3alist »

You are ahead of ur time and u mentioned a few good points such as the FedReserve which isnt a bank at all. I hope you also know that the FR isnt a government institution, but a for-profit private corporation run by JP morgan, Rothschild etc. There are projects underway to replace the US dollar for community credits (local currency) which small business owners prefer because there is little or no inflation in small towns across the US.

The nearest thing currently to what you are proposing are so-called legal entities on ships on the ocean, where million/billionaires can escape taxes since they create their own tiny legal country with its own taxcode and currencies.

But what you propose would take away the reason why regular governments in the EU have a need for Central banks. (state-run entities) central banks are used during crises and Election years. What you have in mind is possible in your own local community maybe max 5000 people or after a large catastrophe which is sadly so, quite real and likely around the time we hit peak oil. So take from this what appeals to you and create such a back up system in your own town I'd say. Im hoping I'm already dead by then, but you "youngsters" might have to endure some future hardships which of course also creates new opportunities !
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

irr3alist wrote:You are ahead of ur time and u mentioned a few good points such as the FedReserve which isnt a bank at all. I hope you also know that the FR isnt a government institution, but a for-profit private corporation run by JP morgan, Rothschild etc. There are projects underway to replace the US dollar for community credits (local currency) which small business owners prefer because there is little or no inflation in small towns across the US.

The nearest thing currently to what you are proposing are so-called legal entities on ships on the ocean, where million/billionaires can escape taxes since they create their own tiny legal country with its own taxcode and currencies.

But what you propose would take away the reason why regular governments in the EU have a need for Central banks. (state-run entities) central banks are used during crises and Election years. What you have in mind is possible in your own local community maybe max 5000 people or after a large catastrophe which is sadly so, quite real and likely around the time we hit peak oil. So take from this what appeals to you and create such a back up system in your own town I'd say. Im hoping I'm already dead by then, but you "youngsters" might have to endure some future hardships which of course also creates new opportunities !

Thank you for your well thought out reply. I know all too well the fraud/ and deception and implications of such of the centralized banks, but thank you for pointing out that they are indeed privately run organizations that print money for nothing reaping in huge profits basically getting everyone to work for them for free. That all our income tax really goes to paying the FED its interest back and not to any social services. Yet can never ever be truly repaid, its basically financial slavery. It is because of this unsustainable system that I think so carefully on how we can build a brighter future. The best possibility being a proactive one to create a new system that really serves the purpose for what money was intended. (exchanging goods and services without the nuances of barter). It would be so advantageous to find a peaceful transition out of this system. The realities of this are serious and dire if left unchecked (should have collapsed in 2008 but is artificially supported now but with greater repercussions later)

However, It may be a little too much of wishy lofty thinking so see changes like that happen before a collapse as those in power seem to stop at nothing to perpetuate it as long as possible at any cost. Wars have been fought to prevent real currencies that would compete to rival the dollar (Libya). And mass tragedies have been perpetuated to hide the fraud. I still want to think of a way to offer amnesty to all so that we can heal this great travesty that was enacted in 1913.

I think you make a great point about local currency which is something I have advocated for in other discussions. Self sufficiency and personal responsibility are the tenants of such a new community. It is probable that a catastrophe will happen when this system fails or right before to hide those that are responsible. And at that time out of the rubble small pockets of liberated peoples will emerge. (OK maybe I am getting a little too prophetic here but its actually quite easy to piece together after looking at the big picture of things and some signs of this are already evident) into some kinds of hybrid societies. And while that will be a tough learning curve for some, will actually have many opportunities for prosperity.

Peace be with you and your family should we see those times.