This situation is deeply troubling

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag Dr. D1CK
Skirmisher

This situation is deeply troubling

Post by Dr. D1CK »

Hi, Dr. D1ck here. It has recently come to my attention that two very valuable basement players have become separated from the forums. This action was the result of a conversation they had recently and publicly with a well respected forum member. I want to set the record straight when I say their intentions were not to offend, troll, or make people upset. Evil Cheadar and the Frenchman have very strong personalities, but they have good hearts. They tend to work people up who aren't familiar with their bombastic sense of humor. It is painfully obvious that they have been given many chances to improve forum relations in the past and although they have tried, they have failed. The results of their indiscretions are starting to sink in.

A cloud of sadness has engulfed the basement.There are no more exciting conversations about what was posted on the forums. I asked the players in question if they would like me to make an appeal, but they asked me not to, probably out of embarrassment. Frenchmen and Cheadar not the type of people who can easily admit they are wrong, but their actions speak louder than words. They have displayed genuine shock at the realization that their words have caused pain as well as muted yet visible remorse for the consequences. Having known them for more than 15 years, I can tell you with out question that these signals are real.

In closing, Cheadar and frenchmen have realized there are real and profound consequences for their actions both personally and to others. They wish they could turn back the clock and change the content they contribute. They wish to turn over a new leaf with a new attitude of humility, seriousness and empathy. I wish all who read this thread could take these words into consideration when considering how to proceed with the situation.
"Build a man a fire, he will stay warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life"
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Re: This situation is deeply troubling

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America gustavusadolphus
Lancer

Post by gustavusadolphus »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=6678&p=148182

Do they have selfie sticks where you come from because here they are very dangerous?
10000 gallon fiberglass, FNS plus DE filter 48 square foot, ray pack Mini Max 512 BTU gas heater, one Sip n Oodle, NO ZEOSAND
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

its sad to lose such an active member who wants to contribute a lot and streams. Ched and I may not have always seen eye to eye on issues but I don't want him banned. In response to that post there was some pretty harsh language directed towards him which is also against rules and its really stuff like that which is more harmful to the community but I am guessing that was not addressed.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

ive heard permanent
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
No Flag Dr. D1CK
Skirmisher

Post by Dr. D1CK »

All,

Thanks for the comments..

Answering post #2: yes I do have a selfie stick so frame my post's legitimacy with that knowledge...

Answering post #3: Cheadar and French do enjoy contributing to the AOE community and I believe they intend to continue the podcasts. They have realized their comments have been over the top on far too many occasions. They also understand where the anger that has been directed at them stems from.

Answering the remaining posts: I believe they have told me the ban is permanent
"Build a man a fire, he will stay warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life"
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

All I can say is finally, honestly they don't contribute to the community at all, apart from the podcasts perhaps, which already are of a questionable quality.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

They were sorta fun but using the forum as your personnel blog and for in-jokes is a no-no.
Lancer

pecelot wrote:All I can say is finally, honestly they don't contribute to the community at all, apart from the podcasts perhaps, which already are of a questionable quality.

Well any suggestions to improve the cast?
10000 gallon fiberglass, FNS plus DE filter 48 square foot, ray pack Mini Max 512 BTU gas heater, one Sip n Oodle, NO ZEOSAND
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Just get rid of these two, as it's done here :flowers:
Lancer

pecelot wrote:Just get rid of these two, as it's done here :flowers:

I'm afraid that the cast would not be the same without them, as it is here in the forums.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Per the rules, there will be no public discussion of moderation actions. If you wish to appeal a team decision, do so via PM. Locking this thread.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.