Well this scratches the surface of SJW's

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
United States of America HeatitUP_
Lancer

Well this scratches the surface of SJW's

Post by HeatitUP_ »

I wonder who wakes up in the morning and thinks... I'M GOING TO GET OFFENDED AT EVERYTHING AND BECOME A MOD.. I know! I know!!!
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrBx8NRaoAo[/video]
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - Donald Trump
No Flag musketjr
Lancer

Re: Well this scratches the surface of SJW's

Post by musketjr »

this is the feminism-driven idea that women in patriarchal societies are used as instruments / objects for male gratification. thus, women in movies and games are sex objects for men or vulnerable objects for men to display bravery or courage in rescuing. they see this bikini clad character as yet another instance of women being dehumanized and used as mere sexual commodities in male-driven culture.

I don't think they are wrong but that they err in apportioning blame on the male nature of society (if this is so); rather I see these phenomena as the natural offspring of capitalism. after all, in the same mainstream media - infact, in the very same game the male characters will constitute stereotypical male tropes: all strong and muscle-bound; all brimming with machismo and ready to fight others to assert dominance, etc. it's clear that these male figures are also dehumanized.

I'm led, therefore to conclude that market-driven culture creates these caricatures, and the discussion should naturally pivot on the relative merit of such a culture or society. my stance is that, for all the problems inherent to capitalism, there is no better system assuming humans will not significantly improve their nature.
No Flag musketjr
Lancer

Post by musketjr »

also, I wouldn't even want to get rid of the male caricatures I mentioned above, or others like them in movies. if we go down the route of opposing anything which marginalises anyone (ie. women can say "I'm a human being not just an object for men to lust after or rescue", and men can say "I'm a human being not just an aggressive monkey who fights his way through enemies to win his romantic prize or become a hero"), then we would sand down anything interesting or colourful and be left with...some bland, limp dullness.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag musketjr
Lancer

Post by musketjr »

mdr
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I think it's sexist that men and women have to compete in sports separately. They are equal so they should compete side by side, imo. May the best win.

It's also unfair that transsexuals cannot compete in women's athletics events. Male-to-female individuals have a right to be equal with women and compete with them.
Chile BigThunderMan
Crossbow
ESO: KingErick

Post by BigThunderMan »

Dolan wrote:I think it's sexist that men and women have to compete in sports separately. They are equal so they should compete side by side, imo. May the best win.

It's also unfair that transsexuals cannot compete in women's athletics events. Male-to-female individuals have a right to be equal with women and compete with them.

I'm thinking of an interview where an SJW flips out and says why can't "Women play football (American)!?" and the conservative replied "Because it'd be fucking inhumane."

The Tl;DR - biology is different. Mixing sports is horrible. Some gender roles make sense. Trans women are still biologically men.
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

Dolan wrote:I think it's sexist that men and women have to compete in sports separately. They are equal so they should compete side by side, imo. May the best win.

The former mayor of Rabitt Hash, Kentucky was running for president but you wouldn't believe who the mayor was but THAT wasn't going to stop her! She couldn't even get a fair hearing or proper funding to run her campaign and that should be CHANGED! I'M BEYOND OUTRAGED....
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dog ... 6bae5b80a6
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - Donald Trump
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

HeatitUP_ wrote:I'M BEYOND OUTRAGED....

Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

@Dolan Oh you're representing the EU flag. LOL
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

if that happens, women will never win any medals ....
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

InsectPoison wrote: if that happens, women will never win any medals ....

It's already been happening for a few years. This "woman" was born a man with a condition called cryptorchidism, in which at least one testicle is missing or undescended. "She" has no womb and no ovaries. Most likely "she" has XY chromosomes. Probably was born with a small penis and the doctors decided it was a smaller health risk (or it was cheaper) to remove the penis (penectomy), than to perform a surgery to create a scrotum and descend the testes (orchidopexy).

So right now women are competing against a "woman" who has 3 times the levels of testosterone of an average woman. And "she"'s been beating them ever since "she" was allowed to compete. And guess what, "her" athletic performance is still way below that of top male athletes.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5771672245

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/fi ... women.html
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Dolan wrote:
InsectPoison wrote: if that happens, women will never win any medals ....

It's already been happening for a few years. This "woman" was born a man with a condition called cryptorchidism, in which at least one testicle is missing or undescended. "She" has no womb and no ovaries. Most likely "she" has XY chromosomes. Probably was born with a small penis and the doctors decided it was a smaller health risk (or it was cheaper) to remove the penis (penectomy), than to perform a surgery to create a scrotum and descend the testes (orchidopexy).

So right now women are competing against a "woman" who has 3 times the levels of testosterone of an average woman. And "she"'s been beating them ever since "she" was allowed to compete. And guess what, "her" athletic performance is still way below that of top male athletes.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5771672245

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/fi ... women.html

What insights you have, metis!
Error 404: Signature not found
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

noissance wrote:metis

T-t-thanks, umeu!
Niue Le Dragon
Dragoon

Post by Le Dragon »

Dolan wrote:
noissance wrote:metis

T-t-thanks, umeu!

Nah, papist is the new Metis if you ask me.