User avatar
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
Posts: 1107
ESO: jamescheif100
Location: in your base, killing your dudes

06 Oct 2017, 14:31

StrikerEureka wrote:hey, im new to aoe3. Whats PR15?


@Googol 's PR
1/5/17
Image
User avatar
No Flag Djigit
Skirmisher
Posts: 123

07 Oct 2017, 19:16

That's a very good looking event banner.
User avatar
Georgia mike21daisu
Crossbow
Posts: 29
ESO: Mike21Daisu

07 Oct 2017, 23:45

Better warm up before the tourney :P if you know what I mean :hehe:
33!
User avatar
Netherlands MCJim
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 2355
ESO: MCJim
Location: The Netherlands

08 Oct 2017, 00:20

mike21daisu wrote:Better warm up before the tourney :P if you know what I mean :hehe:

Would love to see you back playing!

33!
:food: AoE3 YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/jimleem1
:wood: AoE3 Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_
No Flag chronojj
Crossbow
Posts: 44

08 Oct 2017, 01:49

just a comment from an occasional visitor who used to play aoe3 alot (a decade ago)
It's a bit boring to have a bi-yearly tournament with the same rules every time. It'd be more interesting to see a tourney with different gameplay, and I don't mean something overly confusing like the Indian tourney that merely forced certain matchups. For example, back in 2006 or 2007 there was a pretty fun tourney that prevented players from using any unit shipment cards (I forget if vills were allowed or not). I'd find something like that pretty interesting to watch. I'd probably even play. I just don't really care to watch another tourney that will basically be the other standard tourneys repeated again.
just an opinion
User avatar
Australia Timba
Musketeer
Posts: 81
ESO: Timba_

08 Oct 2017, 03:53

@chronojj Not sure if you've heard about this, but there was a Starvation Tournament in 2016 which might interest you: /viewforum.php?f=147
The best moment I've ever seen in AoEIII: youtu.be/LuMcFUjt6zQ?t=12m
User avatar
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
Posts: 1761
ESO: Ex-Contributor
Location: New Zealand
Game: AoE Online

08 Oct 2017, 03:59

Timba wrote:@chronojj Not sure if you've heard about this, but there was a Starvation Tournament in 2016 which might interest you: /viewforum.php?f=147

Are you playing in this? You should I liked your game in the last one. Nice to see another NZ :)
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
User avatar
Australia Timba
Musketeer
Posts: 81
ESO: Timba_

08 Oct 2017, 09:22

JakeyBoyTH wrote:Are you playing in this? You should I liked your game in the last one. Nice to see another NZ :)

Ah, I think you've mistaken the detail on my flag, I'm an Aussie. And yes of course I will be playing. Very keen!
The best moment I've ever seen in AoEIII: youtu.be/LuMcFUjt6zQ?t=12m
User avatar
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
Posts: 1761
ESO: Ex-Contributor
Location: New Zealand
Game: AoE Online

08 Oct 2017, 17:15

Timba wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:Are you playing in this? You should I liked your game in the last one. Nice to see another NZ :)

Ah, I think you've mistaken the detail on my flag, I'm an Aussie. And yes of course I will be playing. Very keen!

oh nah dont worry about it then
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Sweden Victor_swe
Dragoon
Donator 01
Posts: 239

09 Oct 2017, 17:19

Can i be seeded plz. Yes i am The real swesweMAGIC.
User avatar
European Union jesus3
Lancer
Posts: 717
Location: some bunker, GDR

09 Oct 2017, 17:23

Victor_swe wrote:Can i be seeded plz. Yes i am The real swesweMAGIC.


ding ding ding! we have a winner! Better give him the money beforehand
Image
User avatar
No Flag Zutazuta
Dragoon
Donator 10
Posts: 338

09 Oct 2017, 19:24

Victor_swe wrote:Can i be seeded plz. Yes i am The real swesweMAGIC.


The legend returns.
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
Posts: 6783
ESO: Funnu
Location: Ramadanistan

13 Oct 2017, 12:13

I consider it a defensible decision. Ideally, the scheduling threads would just be, you know... moderated.
sudmakmak wrote:This patch Keshik don't have buff anti cavalry = noob patch2.0
and don't have nerf hard japan = noob patch2.0
because all more noob player at this patch = noob logic.
or they maybe have boyfriend.(japanese boyfriend fuck your ass them)
User avatar
Netherlands Jerom
Ninja
Donator 03
Posts: 12423
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

13 Oct 2017, 12:56

zoom wrote:I consider it a defensible decision. Ideally, the scheduling threads would just be, you know... moderated.

But deleting posts is really the worst moderation decision ever!!! Moderation 101: Never delete posts, just let shitposts ruin entire topics and give the troll the ability to get any serious thread locked by starting a shitfest. And then a troll gets a warning, too bad.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
Malaysia Takathefox
Crossbow
Posts: 1
Game: AoE Online

13 Oct 2017, 13:01

Welp,guess I just watch people play then ;-;
Btw can someone tell me how to create a multiplayer acc in aoe3 plz...
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
Posts: 1934
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

13 Oct 2017, 13:12

Takathefox wrote:Welp,guess I just watch people play then ;-;
Btw can someone tell me how to create a multiplayer acc in aoe3 plz...

Launch the vanilla game (without expansions), press Multiplayer -> ES Online -> New Account
Image
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
Posts: 6783
ESO: Funnu
Location: Ramadanistan

13 Oct 2017, 18:28

Jerom wrote:
zoom wrote:I consider it a defensible decision. Ideally, the scheduling threads would just be, you know... moderated.

But deleting posts is really the worst moderation decision ever!!! Moderation 101: Never delete posts, just let shitposts ruin entire topics and give the troll the ability to get any serious thread locked by starting a shitfest. And then a troll gets a warning, too bad.
It depends on the post. In everything but extreme cases without options, it is terrible moderating. Warn and term-ban kids instead. Deleting posts is almost as undesirable as locking threads.

Most trolling is harmless, by the way.
sudmakmak wrote:This patch Keshik don't have buff anti cavalry = noob patch2.0
and don't have nerf hard japan = noob patch2.0
because all more noob player at this patch = noob logic.
or they maybe have boyfriend.(japanese boyfriend fuck your ass them)
User avatar
Belgium LegalPenguin
Crossbow
Posts: 32
ESO: LegalPenguin
Location: Leuven

17 Oct 2017, 09:14

Hi everyone!

It's my first sign up for a tournament and I had a couple of questions.
First things first: I have never played with the ESOC patch (I know, a shame), I am barely PR18 and I am well aware that I'll get stomped on. I'll try to give everyone a good show at the very least.
Will the tournament have the same rules as the previous autumn championship (excluding the adaptations posted in this thread)? What happens if a player cannot play the match because of reasons (obligated courses at uni, for example)? Where will I find who my opponent will be? Is there anyone that wants to give me general tips/rules of thumb whilst competing in this tournament?

Have a great day,

LP
Law is not black nor white. It's grey. More than 50 different shades.
User avatar
Sweden Gendarme
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 02
Posts: 2392
ESO: Gendarme

17 Oct 2017, 09:31

Yes, the rules are the same for all practical purposes. If players fail to play within the deadline the tournament admins will either extend it or give an admin win to one of the players. Each match will have its own thread with all the necessary information and the players will be tagged. You will get a notification whenever a thread for you is created.
duck wrote:man it really sucks when you have to agree with gendarme on things
User avatar
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 2482
ESO: Mitoe

17 Oct 2017, 09:34

LegalPenguin wrote:Hi everyone!

It's my first sign up for a tournament and I had a couple of questions.
First things first: I have never played with the ESOC patch (I know, a shame), I am barely PR18 and I am well aware that I'll get stomped on. I'll try to give everyone a good show at the very least.
Will the tournament have the same rules as the previous autumn championship (excluding the adaptations posted in this thread)? What happens if a player cannot play the match because of reasons (obligated courses at uni, for example)? Where will I find who my opponent will be? Is there anyone that wants to give me general tips/rules of thumb whilst competing in this tournament?

Have a great day,

LP

The rules will likely be same or very similar to previous tournaments.

If you have a good reason for being unable to play at a specific time, extensions may be acquired. Try to let everyone know ahead of time if that is the case, however.

Once the tournament starts at the end of the month, there will be a bracket and a scheduling thread with your opponents easily viewable on both.
User avatar
Switzerland sebnan12
Howdah
Posts: 1149
ESO: Mongobillione
Location: Switzerland

17 Oct 2017, 22:41

type: "victor_swe victor_swe victor_swe" while playing as the british and u will recieve a third barrack and another 20 dead bisons next to ur tc. works for multiplayer mode aswell
BAE
User avatar
Canada JulyBurnsOrange
Crossbow
Posts: 34
ESO: JulyBurnsOrange
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Game: AoE Online

18 Oct 2017, 20:51

Darwin_ wrote:What is the tournament map set? Will it include balanced RE maps? #makedeccangreatagain


Amazonia anyone?
User avatar
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor
Posts: 1449

18 Oct 2017, 20:58

I'd love to see a map like Amazonia played competitively (or Celyon/Caribbean) just to see what people come up with. Probably won't happen in the near future for an ESOC main event though.
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
Posts: 6783
ESO: Funnu
Location: Ramadanistan

18 Oct 2017, 21:15

That would be cool. Defensible for a tournament with a smaller prize pool, at least.
sudmakmak wrote:This patch Keshik don't have buff anti cavalry = noob patch2.0
and don't have nerf hard japan = noob patch2.0
because all more noob player at this patch = noob logic.
or they maybe have boyfriend.(japanese boyfriend fuck your ass them)
Greece tedere12
Jaeger
Posts: 2141
ESO: Tedere12
Location: Greece

18 Oct 2017, 21:20

WickedCossack wrote:I'd love to see a map like Amazonia played competitively (or Celyon/Caribbean) just to see what people come up with. Probably won't happen in the near future for an ESOC main event though.

duck daniels is practicing for this day
"Well, now you are playing otto, but tommorow you might become a rapist, or a serial killer" -VaneStoilov

Image
Image

Forum Info

Return to “Information and Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest