The final days of the Group Stages approach!

Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

The final days of the Group Stages approach!

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Hey everyone,

As the final days of the group stages approach, we would like to remind everyone to play out their games before Monday. If this isn't possible, we are willing to extend some series until Tuesday. After that, admin decisions will be made to conclude the group stages and we will move on to the RO128!

Check out the current standings here!
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: The final days of the Group Stages approach!

Post by Gendarme »

#hype
Pay more attention to detail.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Maybe ~20% of the games where played? Those guys suck :(

Ban everyone!
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

sir callen and site havent played a single game yet. Thats more than disappointing if they cant schedule their games how can we expcet this of anyone ?
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

lordraphael wrote:sir callen and site havent played a single game yet. Thats more than disappointing if they cant schedule their games how can we expcet this of anyone ?

Site played and then withdrew based on some other things that went on. Sircallen :salt: :salt: :salt:
mad cuz bad
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Ye, both of them have resigned from the tournament so don't expect any games to come up.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

I have a suggestion: in order to reward those players who played their games you should grant points as follows

Win: 1 point
Lose: 0.1 points

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Maybe group stages are just too hopeful of an idea.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Jerom wrote:Maybe group stages are just too hopeful of an idea.

I don't think it's as grim, there's still more games to be played out before group stage ends and we still have some early results posted outside the system, right? It's of course very unfortunate that several participants withdrew from the tournament just as it started, that's going to bring down the number of played games quite a lot obviously.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Diarouga58 wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:

I don't think it's as grim, there's still more games to be played out before group stage ends and we still have some early results posted outside the system, right? It's of course very unfortunate that several participants withdrew from the tournament just as it started, that's going to bring down the number of played games quite a lot obviously.

Yeah, but it's not like it's something esoc cares about.

If only you knew what you were talking about..
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

I played all my games. Cookie please

e: rouga please. please come back to the light. do your time and come back as a normal member after. would be best for literally everyone
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Ha, you fool! You stand before the temple of a GOD. Your pitiful Light cannot reach you here.
Pay more attention to detail.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

Maybe everyone should just be entered into the tourney RO's straight away. Make it a RO256 but with a whole bunch getting 1st round byes. People wouldn't need to organise 2/3 matches with people on the other side of the world to them. Might just be easier that way? What are some possible drawbacks to this?
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

wardyb1 wrote:

Maybe everyone should just be entered into the tourney RO's straight away. Make it a RO256 but with a whole bunch getting 1st round byes. People wouldn't need to organise 2/3 matches with people on the other side of the world to them. Might just be easier that way? What are some possible drawbacks to this?

Yeah I thought about this too with potentially an even more complex system but idk. I just dont know anymore.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

We had that during summer. It's no fun for most players to be knocked out instantly against a way better opponent so we decided against that in the end.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

You could theoretically seed much more thoroughly though. Top 32 elo in ro64, the next 64 in ro 128 or sth, next people placed in ro256 sth like that.
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

There is no reason to be upset about how the group stage is going, ya a lot of games wont be played because the lower ranked players dont take the game as serious, this is something that will never change. It's still worth it to have the groupstage and allow some of them the fun of playing in it rather than punishing all lower ranked players for actions that some of them made.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

giveuanxiety wrote:There is no reason to be upset about how the group stage is going, ya a lot of games wont be played because the lower ranked players dont take the game as serious, this is something that will never change. It's still worth it to have the groupstage and allow some of them the fun of playing in it rather than punishing all lower ranked players for actions that some of them made.

Until you spend a few hours digging through the giant clusterfuck of the group stage trying to figure out who deserves to advance and who doesn't. Then theres some reason to be disappointed.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

lordraphael wrote:sir callen and site havent played a single game yet. Thats more than disappointing if they cant schedule their games how can we expcet this of anyone ?

I would never have even signed up in the first place if a lot of people didn't ask me to. That's on me, though.

I should probably be banned from future events.. at the very least. Maybe even pend an indefinite forum ban. Quick, call up a replacement, call up SirMusket. At least when he quits aoe he actually quits aoe. #BringBackTheBetterSir
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

sir_musket is laughing at u aoe nerds
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

And we're laughing at him. It's a wonderful, mutual relationship.
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Post by __Uhlan__ »

I still don't get why elo is used for seeding, many examples of a good player having a low elo, and it's not like you guys don't know the good and bad players...hazza with a 2100 elo is not a 2100 elo player, and there are also many other examples that I'm to lazy to look for. It's 256 players the seeding could be done way better, I mean this tourney it's very clear the bottom bracket is 10x harder and I don't get why it hasn't been changed yet.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I'd say this tournament is literally the worst tournament that has ever been tourney'd!
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

__Uhlan__ wrote:I still don't get why elo is used for seeding

what would you use instead?
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

I think the group stage should be kept because this potentially gives everybody three games before getting knocked out while an elimination bracket doesn't. I think it mainly helps the Lieutenants to Captains to have some competetive games. The lower ranks most likely still lose every game but that is basically what they sign up for. Maybe I am this positive because my group actually worked really well and I think all games were played.