The final days of the Group Stages approach!

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: The final days of the Group Stages approach!

Post by deleted_user0 »

__Uhlan__ wrote:
Jerom wrote:Well see theres the big subjective side to it. I'm not sure if mitoe would be 2500 or 2400 or 2600 honestly. Or 2300? It all seems vaguely reasonable. You think he's a top 10 player, I'm not sure. It was an upset that somppu beat him but I think somppu did actually outplay in that series.

To win you generally have to outplay lol, anyways when's the last time sompuu played port at a high level? He did during that tourney game and never again? Makes me wonder. :dry: but that's off topic anyways, I can't really think of 9 players 100% better then him I certainly put him in the top 10.

If you check my elo there are some wins from prince, jameschief, even erik unrated games... I played vs musket jr china 30 mins very colonial porto some months ago... So I'm not sure what you are saying :?
and I mean, its musk+hus, same with every civ + alataaak dragbox all shit lol
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Post by __Uhlan__ »

aligator92 wrote:@__Uhlan__ stop worrying about Hazza because I will bash you in the RO64 just like I did in the Diplomunion Tournament...ah wait...nevermind

On a serious note. There is no way around ELO seeding. PR is much worse and if the staff or any other committee were to seed the players based on opinion there would be a ton of people complaining and I could not blame them. And how would somebody like a AdrianCarrot be seeded? how do you seed a Goodspeed or Goongoon who only show up for the tournies? The only other option would be max ELO but then old players would be preferred as back then you were able to reach higher ELO than today. So while I agree that the current bracket seems unbalanced there is sadly no objective and fair around it.
(Btw the big favourites Blackstar and Raphael will still meet in the finals in the current bracket and names like snowww and Mitoe would only run into Blackstar in the semis)

I was more concerned for having to knock out hazza so early :D didn't know I likely play you on the ro64..just like diplo XD maybe some revenge this time for you. that's ironic anyways.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

According to the sidebar Mitoe is 2.5k right now. Wat a bawws.
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Jerom wrote:
WickedCossack wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:So much abuse from the jerimuno

You should be careful there since there's actually a dude on ESO called Jerimuno who is actually quite chill. :?

That hurt my feelings.

Chill. :love:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

__Uhlan__ wrote:
aligator92 wrote:@__Uhlan__ stop worrying about Hazza because I will bash you in the RO64 just like I did in the Diplomunion Tournament...ah wait...nevermind

On a serious note. There is no way around ELO seeding. PR is much worse and if the staff or any other committee were to seed the players based on opinion there would be a ton of people complaining and I could not blame them. And how would somebody like a AdrianCarrot be seeded? how do you seed a Goodspeed or Goongoon who only show up for the tournies? The only other option would be max ELO but then old players would be preferred as back then you were able to reach higher ELO than today. So while I agree that the current bracket seems unbalanced there is sadly no objective and fair around it.
(Btw the big favourites Blackstar and Raphael will still meet in the finals in the current bracket and names like snowww and Mitoe would only run into Blackstar in the semis)

I was more concerned for having to knock out hazza so early :D didn't know I likely play you on the ro64..just like diplo XD maybe some revenge this time for you. that's ironic anyways.

The hudzz gonna rek u like he will rek all others. He will win
Dragoon

Post by __Uhlan__ »

umeu wrote:
__Uhlan__ wrote:

The hudzz gonna rek u like he will rek all others. He will win

probs, harry wood insane. Give me to next tourney then I become insane like harrywood54321 :D
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Why wait till next tourny m8? He can play on your account this very event and you can embody the spirit of harry the wooding woodstock 54321! Insane.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Imo it should be based completely on succeess on all previous tournaments....

Honestly elo ? Depends how many times you get monster truck'd on re, which opponents you play, which match ups you play and it can be so easily manipulated....

yeah, and not to mention you find h2o with 2000 eloe'd smurf or great lakes without goldmine....
no no no no
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

somppukunkku wrote:Imo it should be based completely on succeess on all previous tournaments....

Honestly elo ? Depends how many times you get monster truck'd on re, which opponents you play, which match ups you play and it can be so easily manipulated....

Well it is seeded on previous tournaments. But there does need to be a cut off so players who return from breaks don't get seed #168 because they didn't play in the previous events despite being a top 10 player. Hence why top 16 are tournament seeds, then the next are elo based.

Ofc doesn't always work (though it has for the previous tournies) this one we just got unlucky.

Best brackets would be subjectively chosen but that is by definition unfair so it's got to be some shitty rating system at the end of the day.
Dragoon

Post by __Uhlan__ »

WickedCossack wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:Imo it should be based completely on succeess on all previous tournaments....

Well it is seeded on previous tournaments. But there does need to be a cut off so players who return from breaks don't get seed #168 because they didn't play in the previous events despite being a top 10 player. Hence why top 16 are tournament seeds, then the next are elo based.

Ofc doesn't always work (though it has for the previous tournies) this one we just got unlucky.

Best brackets would be subjectively chosen but that is by definition unfair so it's got to be some shitty rating system at the end of the day.

It's subjectively unfair...but at the end of the day it's not unfair, staff doesn't need to come out and say "hey we moved some of the brackets around for a better balanced tourney" just do it and no1 will complain.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Can't wait for group stages to be over.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

__Uhlan__ wrote:well one could say that yes...but I think it's pretty evenident that was a upset series no? Ok well then your being bias...mitoe is for sure top 10 player in the game currently and that's sort of downgrading him. You mention the sompuu series but IIRC he took 3 or 2 games off h20 in a series in mirrors so by that logic sompuu > h20.

Mitoe is very good yes, but it's been seen multiple times now that he doesn't do as well in tournaments.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Is it true that blacksrar quit the tourney?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

__Uhlan__ wrote:
WickedCossack wrote:

It's subjectively unfair...but at the end of the day it's not unfair, staff doesn't need to come out and say "hey we moved some of the brackets around for a better balanced tourney" just do it and no1 will complain.

Ooh thats where you are unfortunately wrong. People will complain, Ive been around for long enough to know thats basically a given. In a world where everyone is understanding, nobody has any egos and theres a group of people thats very aware of how good who is but also dont play in the tournament, then this idea is good. The world is not so ideal though.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

__Uhlan__ wrote:
WickedCossack wrote:

Rofl, what site do you think you are on? People will literally immediately start to complain about favoritism. It already happened with random brackets.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

ovi12 wrote:Can't wait for group stages to be over.

Guess what — they are already! :chinese:

PS. Don't post 3 times in a row :mad: