Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

ESOC Patch 3.1.1. Update and Treaty Patch Integration

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I am proud to announce another awesome update to the ESOC Patch and Treaty Patch!

The focus of this update is in three areas:
  • ESOC Patch Changes
  • Treaty Patch Integration
  • Treaty Patch Update

ESOC Patch Changes
New Features
- Integrated Treaty Patch as a bundled download, now launch-able from the EP Launcher interface and protected by EP anti-cheat.
- New cool application icons, thanks @tilanus!
- Introducing teams 3 & 4 into the game, making combinations such as 2v2v2 possible. Note that the new teams currently don't display properly in ESO game rooms for players other than yourself, but they will take effect once the match starts. New teams can be used on all existing maps and game modes, although some map scripts may have issues spawning the players correctly. Random team works fine with teams 3 & 4 and will never create an entirely new team. Credit for this feature goes to kangcliff and danielpereira of the awesome AoE3 UnHardcode Project!

Bug Fixes
- Stagecoach may now be researched on ESOC Malaysia.
- Corrected descriptions of the following maps: ESOC Manchuria, ESOC Adirondacks, ESOC Mendocino, ESOC Arizona (mostly wrong mercs).
- Corrected the number of initial Cherry Orchard Rickshaws spawning on ESOC Herald Island and ESOC Iowa.
- Fixed an issue where certain EP 3.0+ recorded games could go out-of-sync when opened with the EP Record Game Compatibility Tool.
- Updated in-game descriptions of the following units/cards/techs to reflect their effects correctly: Dacoit, Socket Bayonet, 8 Rodelero, German Advanced Dock.
- Removed green border from Silk Road card (not a team card on EP).
- Rescued Iroquois Tomahawks now have correct multiplier against light infantry (1.6).
- Mongolian Banner Army now has correct population count (7 -> 6).
- Asian Castles' Bombard Attack now has correct 1.5 multiplier versus light infantry.

Treaty Patch 1.4 Update
NOTE: You should remove previous version of Treaty Patch if you have it installed before installing/updating ESOC Patch.

General changes
- BlitzTreaty Maps have been improved and are now available for rated games.
- Removed build limit of Heavy Cannon, Rocket, Flying Crow and Great Bombard.
- Reverted tower limit to 7

Aztecs
- Reverted Jaguar Prawl Knight stats
- Inca Messenger tech now decreases training time of Eagle Knights and Coyote Runners by 15% (from 25%)
- Warchief's cover mode tactic and HeavyInfantry tag have been removed

Chinese
- Added Fulling Mills card
- Reverted all banner armies to their original state.
- Hand Mortar bonus vs buildings reverted to 16

French
- Reverted Fur trade to its original state (no longer increases mill gather rate)
- French church card now increases food gather rate by 10%, buildings cost increased by 20%

Iro
- Light Cannon cost increased to 100w 400c (from 100w 300c). Pop cost reverted to 4 (3 with the card).
- WarChief aura reverted to 15%.
- Inf 1400 (700c 700w) resource shipment changed to 1200 inf. wood.
- Tomahawk cost reverted to 75f 25w (from 75f 25c)

Sioux
- Reverted Firepit Big button to its original state. (no longer increases WarChief's HP).

Getting the update
1. If you have a previous version of ESOC Patch installed, simply run the launcher and auto-update should have you covered.
2. If you're installing ESOC Patch for the first time, download the EXE Installer.
3. If you cannot do either of the above for some reason, download the rar package and unpack it manually into your AoE3 installation folder:
Update_3.1.1.1_manual.rar
(24.86 MiB) Downloaded 301 times

Many thanks to everyone who was involved in making this awesome update, especially @Rikikipu and @EAGLEMUT.
edit: minor update (3.1.1.1) has been released to fix some issues. Just run the launcher to get the update or download the exe installer.
Chile nn1850
Skirmisher
ESO: NN_1850

Re: ESOC Patch 3.1.1 Update and Treaty Patch Integration

Post by nn1850 »

i like this new icon!
8-)
Youtube channel: :arrow: https://www.youtube.com/c/NN1850_age3
AOE 3 in spanish - AOE 3 en español
China paddy_jai
Skirmisher

Post by paddy_jai »

this is awesome
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

4 Team ffa tournament incoming!
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

_NiceKING_ wrote:NOTE: You should remove previous version of Treaty Patch if you have it installed before installing/updating ESOC Patch.
[...]
1. If you have a previous version installed, simply run the launcher and auto-update should have you covered.

:hmm:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

This patch is HYPE!!!

pecelot wrote:
_NiceKING_ wrote:NOTE: You should remove previous version of Treaty Patch if you have it installed before installing/updating ESOC Patch.
[...]
1. If you have a previous version installed, simply run the launcher and auto-update should have you covered.

:hmm:

Yes, this is correct. Remove previous version of TR FP if you have it and then you can simply run the EP launcher to get this update.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I've just removed TP 1.2.1 and when I launch the EP launcher nothing happens, I can't open the TP :?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

pecelot wrote:I've just removed TP 1.2.1 and when I launch the EP launcher nothing happens, I can't open the TP :?

Sounds like you removed it after getting the new patch. Reinstall EP from the exe installer to fix this.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Post by born2believe »

Brits:
Added eco Theory.

^_^
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Only thing that remains is to convert all esoc maps to support more than 2 teams.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
pecelot wrote:I've just removed TP 1.2.1 and when I launch the EP launcher nothing happens, I can't open the TP :?

Sounds like you removed it after getting the new patch. Reinstall EP from the exe installer to fix this.

Done, worksh now! :flowers:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It must be the stuff that people were looking for! Thanks for this a lot..
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

I'm enjoying the new tradition of fixing a group stage map only after group stage is finished (see: 2nd chance, spring tourney).

Good job though guys! Jokes aside we really do appreciate the hard work put into the patch.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

This is amazing.

This is why ESOC is so great. I just love it. Bringing the community together with a good patch launcher. Now we have not only ESOC patch, but also the Treaty patch. Everyone downloads the program to get better balanced games.

I hope this trend continues. More QOL improvements included in the patch is just better and better.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

forgrin wrote:I'm enjoying the new tradition of fixing a group stage map only after group stage is finished (see: 2nd chance, spring tourney).

Good job though guys!

That wasn't a bug, that was just a game feature :ugeek:
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

I dont aggree with the treaty changes.
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

supernapoleon wrote:I dont aggree with the treaty changes.

Which changes don't you agree with? Every civ that has been buffed will still be beatable btw.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Sweden martinspjuth
Dragoon
ESO: martinspjuth

Re: ESOC Patch 3.1.1. Update and Treaty Patch Integration

Post by martinspjuth »

I don't like most of the treaty changes either.
Why remove the limit on hc/rockets/bombards and make tower limit 7 again? Fine if you want port, france, dutch etc to have 7 towers, but there is most certainly no need to give ger and britt 7 towers again.
Also what's the reasons for changing France? They were fine like they were.
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

General changes
- Removed build limit of Heavy Cannon, Rocket, Flying Crow and Great Bombard.
Hmmm this will mostly buff europe civs. Europe civs are already on the stronger side and being played more.

- Reverted tower limit to 7
Same, change only buffs europe civs. I liked the previous change, it avoided camping.

Aztecs
- Reverted Jaguar Prawl Knight stats
Unit barly used, still nerf?
- Inca Messenger tech now decreases training time of Eagle Knights and Coyote Runners by 15% (from 25%)
Hmm will be harder to maintain army.
- Warchief's cover mode tactic and HeavyInfantry tag have been removed
Buff or nerf? If buff its a good change.

Chinese
- Added Fulling Mills card
Maybe too strong eco
- Reverted all banner armies to their original state.
- Hand Mortar bonus vs buildings reverted to 16
They certainly need a buff.

French
- Reverted Fur trade to its original state (no longer increases mill gather rate)
- French church card now increases food gather rate by 10%, buildings cost increased by 20%
Outcome will basically the same, but you will waste a card + lack wood
Iro
- Light Cannon cost increased to 100w 400c (from 100w 300c). Pop cost reverted to 4 (3 with the card).
Iro is not played much and still nerf them/increase cost?
- WarChief aura reverted to 15%.
- Inf 1400 (700c 700w) resource shipment changed to 1200 inf. wood.
Not sure, Iro bad in late game. Their gold gather rate is very low...
- Tomahawk cost reverted to 75f 25w (from 75f 25c)
Feels like a nerf, but idk

Sioux
- Reverted Firepit Big button to its original state. (no longer increases WarChief's )
Seems fine
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

great!
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Well I'll do my best to explain the changes so that they hopefully make a bit more sense.

General: The art and tower build limits were not nerfing something that was OP. They were nerfing a play style that people did not like playing against or know how to counter properly. With any civ (India has siege eles, china has hand morts and consulate culvs, Japan has flaming arrows, Aztec arrow knights, Sioux wc, Iro lc) you should never let Brits have more than 6 rockets or German more than 4 hc. Tower camp can also be stopped by targeting the foundations, and if you're opponent does get the camp up you can just jump.

Aztec: The jag change didn't have any effect on Aztec balance, it was just useless, so revert. The bonus against HI was also restored so it's not a full nerf. The WC change is a buff btw.

China: Too weak late game so needed something, so we added back cowing. You can compensate for the hand mortar nerf by just making more hand mortars, since China can make culvs from the consulate now it shouldn't be an issue. Hand mortar revert was because with cowing China might be slightly too strong.

France: The church card change was to bring back the mechanic where you build your base ASAP before getting napoleonic code. Not a balance change either way but a change to make France closer to RE. It's only a slight nerf because it takes one card slot.

Iro: Light cannons were buffed overall imo, they are more expensive but cost less pop (3 pop like on RE now). This change is admittedly more experimental and debatable than the others. The idea is that they still need to be less spammable than they are on RE but pop nerf was too much. Toma cost revert was also a buff, not a nerf, since Iro has easier access to wood now. The only thing I'm iffy about is iros late game coin eco, but it sucked in the previous iteration as well so it shouldn't be that different.

Sioux warchief revert should be obvious.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Sweden martinspjuth
Dragoon
ESO: martinspjuth

Post by martinspjuth »

dicktator_ wrote:Well I'll do my best to explain the changes so that they hopefully make a bit more sense.

General: The art and tower build limits were not nerfing something that was OP. They were nerfing a play style that people did not like playing against or know how to counter properly. With any civ (India has siege eles, china has hand morts and consulate culvs, Japan has flaming arrows, Aztec arrow knights, Sioux wc, Iro lc) you should never let Brits have more than 6 rockets or German more than 4 hc. Tower camp can also be stopped by targeting the foundations, and if you're opponent does get the camp up you can just jump.
Ofc you shouldn't let them get more than 6 rockets/4 hc's, you shouldn't even let them have 1, but that doesn't mean you can stop them from getting them. It nerfed a playstyle that was too strong for two of the stronger civs and that too often led to a stalemate. Those games were often just decided because one of the players got bored of the aggressor being in such huge disadvantage that they threw the game. It is too easy to fall back, mass cannons and camp with towers while rebuilding eco with ger/britt. Your mistake when you made the change was that you nerfed tower limit for all civs, when you only should have nerfed it for ger and britt.
Ofc you can destroy foundations, but that also means you have to spend more pop and apm on mortars. It is far easier to build towers than to keep microing mortars on the foundations. Oh, and it is just to jump if they get a camp up, right? Well that might be true in 3v3, but in 2v2 or 1v1 the enemy will push your nats before you can jump succesfully (if enemy has made proper base walls and have decent map awareness) since the maps are so small. If you go back he just sets up his camp position again, but this time a little bit closer to your nats.

Aztec: The jag change didn't have any effect on Aztec balance, it was just useless, so revert. The bonus against HI was also restored so it's not a full nerf. The WC change is a buff btw.

China: Too weak late game so needed something, so we added back cowing. You can compensate for the hand mortar nerf by just making more hand mortars, since China can make culvs from the consulate now it shouldn't be an issue. Hand mortar revert was because with cowing China might be slightly too strong.
If you say tower nerf was just because some didn't like to play vs camping, then culv for china is just because some didn't like to micro hand mortars. You made change to France to get closer to RE, then why keep culvs for China?
Hand mortars already took quite some time to take down buildings/walls so even though you are right China probably needed a nerf to compensate for cowing, a nerf on siege is not what they needed imo. Having so many good cards for China is interesting though, now maybe not every1's deck will look the same.

France: The church card change was to bring back the mechanic where you build your base ASAP before getting napoleonic code. Not a balance change either way but a change to make France closer to RE. It's only a slight nerf because it takes one card slot.
And because they will lose more wood if the games goes back and forth on a big map. Also wasn't food gathering from trade 15%, but from church is 10%? So basically you have improved their boom but made them weaker in the late game. It isn't by much, but i still feel like it was an unnecessary change.

Iro: Light cannons were buffed overall imo, they are more expensive but cost less pop (3 pop like on RE now). This change is admittedly more experimental and debatable than the others. The idea is that they still need to be less spammable than they are on RE but pop nerf was too much. Toma cost revert was also a buff, not a nerf, since Iro has easier access to wood now. The only thing I'm iffy about is iros late game coin eco, but it sucked in the previous iteration as well so it shouldn't be that different.
Is inf 1200 wood enough to support toma and lc in any map where they don't have LOTS of trees as well?

Sioux warchief revert should be obvious.

After writing this it feels like i'm just bringing lots of negativity disagreeing with so much. I do ofc appreciate all the work you do, this time however i simply disagree with many of the changes.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

[Redacted]
Pay more attention to detail.
Hungary ItachitheBest
Crossbow

Post by ItachitheBest »

I don't like Treaty Patch Japan, so nerfed. But i'm not a treaty player so it's ok. :)
Can u add sheep training from shrines to EP? :D :D :D
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

ItachitheBest wrote:I don't like Treaty Patch Japan, so nerfed.

Japan is still strong on TP