Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland

18 May 2017, 12:01

Written by @n0el

The matches are scheduled and the round of 8 is right around the corner. This weekend, the ESOC Spring championship for 2017 moves one step closer to crowning a champion. Will it be the defending champion, LordRaphael? Can BlackStar_OP regain the glory and take the crown back? Or will one of the other six contenders step up and establish themselves as the new power player on the scene. Tune in this weekend to find out!

Match #1: Mitoe vs. snowww (Saturday 16 GMT)
In the opening match of the round of 8, birthday boy Mitoe takes on snowww. Mitoe has always seemed like he is on the verge of making a deep run in the ESOC seasonal championship but has thrown away series leads in the last two events. Can he seal the deal against snowww? Snowww seems to be gaining steam as the tournament progresses. He needed a reverse sweep to survive Optimus_Prime but then dismantled last season’s 3rd place finisher mongo10 in a convincing 3-0.

Match #2: LordRaphael vs. Stanley_Wiston (Saturday 18:30 GMT)
The defending champion overcame a serious threat from betting master GoodSpeed in the round of 16 but managed to hold on by taking the final game in an Aztec mirror, will the same be true in the round of 8? His challenger, Stanley_Winston has had an interesting run so far. After originally wanting to drop out of the tournament before the bracket stage started, he took down his first two opponents without losing a game. In the round of 16, it again took him to the final game in the series before taking the win over KINGofOsmane with solid Aztec play.

Match #3: BlackStar_OP vs. Tit (Sunday 10 GMT)
In the opening match on Sunday, we will see BlackStar_OP continue his quest to regain the title. His play so far has lived up to the hype as he is the only one of two players in the round of 8 who has yet to drop a game. His opponent, Tit, has also shown some very strong play and has been the surprise of the tournament so far. While dealing with chants of “well lagged” in the Twitch chat, he has rolled through the first trashcan, magimagi and SomppuKunkku. On paper, this looks like one of the best matchups of this round but in reality we might expect to see BlackStar continue his roll to the finals.

Match #4: KaiserKlein vs. Knuschelbär
In the final match of the weekend, we see famous caster QueenofDestiny’s boy toy KaiserKlein take on Knusch. Both of these players are relative new comers to this level of the tournament, but neither can be taken lightly. With BlackStar, Knusch is the other player to make it to this point without dropping a game. Kaiser has been strong, but has shown that he can be beaten while losing games to both Tedere12 and IAmSoldieR. Can Knusch continue his roll or will show the French communities power and move on.

As always, match sure to tune in at Twitch.tv/ESOCTV!

The stream schedule can be found here
Whiteboards are remarkable
Coffee + 1 hour = poop
Great Britain Hazza54321
Jaeger

18 May 2017, 12:37

The french noob has no chance vs the austrian powerhouse
Venividivici_w: i heard h20 signed up last minute. Prob waited for roby not signing up so he wouldnt get smashed again

Well, Im the best thing that happened to aoe3 - vane stoilov 2k17
Netherlands dietschlander
Dragoon

18 May 2017, 12:44

Who needs Jerom writeups? Looking forward to to these gamesh!
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
It wouldn't be practical to haul my groceries a few kilometres just because I'm a die-hard tree-hugger - Dolan 2016
Greece tedere12
Jaeger
ESO: Tedere12

18 May 2017, 12:47

dietschlander wrote:Who needs Jerom writeups?

ISIS
"Well, now you are playing otto, but tommorow you might become a rapist, or a serial killer" -VaneStoilov

Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: NekoBerk

18 May 2017, 12:50

If i were Rapha, i would definitely be afraid of Stanley, he's looks so strong at the moment, pretty solid.
I wouldn't be surprised if Stanley wins this.
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Pezet

18 May 2017, 14:22

Memento: quanto crassior deliciarum causā factus eris, tanto difficilior impressione fugies — 徳川 家康
Canada Warno
Musketeer
Donator 03
ESO: Warno

18 May 2017, 18:43

Pumped for the weekend, GL to the top 8!
United States of America musketeer925
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

18 May 2017, 19:09

Really looking forward to these streams.
Switzerland sebnan12
Howdah
ESO: Mongobillione

18 May 2017, 19:12

match sure to tune in.. well said(lagged)
BAE
Switzerland sebnan12
Howdah
ESO: Mongobillione

18 May 2017, 19:15

http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/rating2/pla ... lent=&ft=1

LOL first among trashcans for sure isnt duck

BAE

United States of America musketeer925
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

18 May 2017, 19:17

Dang, just realized that BSOP's game is at 6:00 am for me. Guess I'm getting up early...
Great Britain oats13
Skirmisher

18 May 2017, 19:55

go peru! wrong thread?
Cheeky scrub
Sweden Gendarme
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 02
ESO: Gendarme

18 May 2017, 20:34

Fucking hype!
duck wrote:man it really sucks when you have to agree with gendarme on things
Germany queenofdestiny
Lancer
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

18 May 2017, 23:46

Idk if I should laugh, flame or be proud....
I guess I should just say:
:hmm:

GO MY TOYBOY WIN I NEED NEW SHOES!

spoiler
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor
Game: AoE Online

19 May 2017, 01:15

Kaiser has been strong, but has shown that he can be beaten while losing games to both Tedere12
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag umeu
Gendarme

19 May 2017, 09:05

lol... tit vs bsop going to be best match? only cause we will see a masterclass from bsop then, because tit really has had the easiest route to the ro8. in fact i think every other player that went out in the ro16 wouldve gutted tit, and even some who went out in ro32. but meh, never know these days! captain is like new field marshal.

imo the mus that will truly produce some firework will be mitoe vs snowww and kaiserklown vs knucklebear!
I kissed a girl and I liked it
Popped her cherry with my chapstick
I kissed a girl just to try it
I hope my wife don't mind it
It felt so wrong, it felt so right
Don't mean I'm in love tonight
I kissed a girl and I liked it
I liked it
Netherlands Jerom
Ninja
Donator 03

19 May 2017, 10:39

Mitoe vs snowww is the best match. In ro16 mitoe vs prince was the best match amd in ro32 mitoe vs TLS was the best match. Thats been one hell of a road so far.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
European Union jesus3
Lancer

19 May 2017, 10:56

Pray for Lachme
Netherlands Jerom
Ninja
Donator 03

19 May 2017, 11:09

Thanks n0el btw, so far thinking it'll still be a bsop vs lordraphael finals with mitoe/snowww being the ones that can prevent that.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

19 May 2017, 13:40

umeu wrote:lol... tit vs bsop going to be best match? only cause we will see a masterclass from bsop then, because tit really has had the easiest route to the ro8. in fact i think every other player that went out in the ro16 wouldve gutted tit, and even some who went out in ro32. but meh, never know these days! captain is like new field marshal.

imo the mus that will truly produce some firework will be mitoe vs snowww and kaiserklown vs knucklebear!

I would of shredded the mighty tit :P
United States of America SirCallen
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: SirCallen

19 May 2017, 16:19

sebnan12 wrote:http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/rating2/player?t=age3ySPOverall&n=_Riot&m=&v=10&gt=Overrall&p1=_riot&p2=sircallen&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=&p7=&mc=0&oc=0&map=&lenf=&lent=&ft=1

LOL first among trashcans for sure isnt duck

ily
Finland princeofkabul
Howdah
ESO: Terkkson

19 May 2017, 17:05

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAY 4 LAHME ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
LoOk_tOm: U think that can u the lag
Hazza54321: Go fking play mariokart seriously

"I rather suck dick than play treaty" - Gibson 2k17
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah
ESO: Anonymous_01

19 May 2017, 22:58

Are there videos of these streams? I missed them live and cannot find the recordings.
Hazza54321 wrote:Holy fuck an autobiography
Netherlands MCJim
ESOC Media Team
ESO: MCJim

19 May 2017, 23:02

Darwin_ wrote:Are there videos of these streams? I missed them live and cannot find the recordings.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/esocommunitynetvideos
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/esoctv/videos/highlights

(I'd recommend you to watch on YouTube)
:food: AoE3 YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/jimleem1
:wood: AoE3 Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah
ESO: Anonymous_01

19 May 2017, 23:03

Oh shit its friday.
Hazza54321 wrote:Holy fuck an autobiography

Forum Info