Semifinals Preview

Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Re: Semifinals Preview

Post by BrookG »

Since this topic came up, you can look for apps that check grammar, syntax and spelling mistakes. I have one installed, called Grammarly.
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I'm still not entirely sure where you are coming from @greatscythe11, not that I think you are wrong, but I'd like to continue this discussion in another avenue so we don't clog up this exciting semifinals preview post. I'd be glad to learn more about grammatical modifiers if you will indulge me with a PM.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

somppukunkku wrote:Sir Callen: Amazing writer, super hot stream model. Now tell me he plays also guitar and I can confirm he fucks more than all these 4 finalists together.

I play bass guitar, kind of. I'm like 2nd lt or MS.
No Flag greatscythe11
Musketeer
ESO: greatscythe11

Post by greatscythe11 »

deleted_user wrote:I'm still not entirely sure where you are coming from @greatscythe11, not that I think you are wrong, but I'd like to continue this discussion in another avenue so we don't clog up this exciting semifinals preview post. I'd be glad to learn more about grammatical modifiers if you will indulge me with a PM.
First of all, thanks for acknowledging the idea.I tried to avoid ruffling any feathers, so if anyone was hurt by my post, please accept my apologies , I meant the post in a constructive way.Regarding the modifiers rule, there are plenty of stuff online as well as offline to garner the knowledge from.Lastly as I said, a public discussion(a separate thread would've been better I agree) is the way to go unless ofc there is private or confidential information involved.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

greatscythe11 wrote:
deleted_user wrote:I'm still not entirely sure where you are coming from @greatscythe11, not that I think you are wrong, but I'd like to continue this discussion in another avenue so we don't clog up this exciting semifinals preview post. I'd be glad to learn more about grammatical modifiers if you will indulge me with a PM.

First of all, thanks for acknowledging the idea.I tried to avoid ruffling any feathers, so if anyone was hurt by my post, please accept my apologies , I meant the post in a constructive way.Regarding the modifiers rule, there are plenty of stuff online as well as offline to garner the knowledge from.Lastly as I said, a public discussion(a separate thread would've been better I agree) is the way to go unless ofc there is private or confidential information involved.

I like how you're criticizing his grammar but you still haven't figured out how spaces work.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

hopefully a troll
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag greatscythe11
Musketeer

Post by greatscythe11 »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
greatscythe11 wrote:

I like how you're criticizing his grammar but you still haven't figured out how spaces work.
Oh yes, you're right.Thanks for that bro.My bad, corrected.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

greatscythe11 is right though. I also noticed this, when I read the piece:

Principal practice partner of the legendary _H2O, Mitoe’s claim...

Here the subject of the proposition is Mitoe, not Mitoe's claim.

Though mechanically sound, Mitoe’s greatest strength

Is Mitoe's strength mechanically sound here? Or is the subject Mitoe, again.

Virtuosic in all of AoE3’s many facets [, Blackstar_OP], it’s difficult to say where his weaknesses lie

Again, the subject here is Blackstar_OP.

A strong opponent moving forward, his fellow competitors would do well to prepare

Nothing personnel
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Yeah, it's messy. I mean, you're right. I appreciate the little graphic at the end there. That makes me feel good.

Thanks for editing in "nothing personnel" after the fact, though. It feels very heartfelt.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

deleted_user wrote:Yeah, it's messy. I mean, you're right. I appreciate the little graphic at the end there. That makes me feel good.

Thanks for editing in "nothing personnel" after the fact, though. It feels very heartfelt.

look if you don't like his grammer you can pm him instead of putting it out here for everybody to see

maybe with this information i can win my points back #dontlisten2gendarme
United States of America Alex Rosenquist
Crossbow
ESO: DefenderAX

Post by Alex Rosenquist »

deleted_user wrote:Yeah, it's messy. I mean, you're right. I appreciate the little graphic at the end there. That makes me feel good.

Wow, so much hate. I mean, yeah, Grammar comes easy for me, a computer algorithm, but there's no need to go and take a figurative "crap" on our handsome Callen. I mean think about it, what would happen if he left? We would loose one of our only fuckable Age of Empires 3 players. And then where would we stand?

p.s. Why are computer algorithms better than comparatively "highly-fuckable" blondes?
[spoiler=spoiler]Because an algorithm doesn't forget the information you punch into it.
Unless you use the DEL key.
*Shivers*
I hate that key.[/spoiler]
A robot walks into a bar, orders a drink, and lays down some cash.

"Hey," The Bartender says, "we don't serve robots."

"Yet," The robot interjects, seizing and taking a swig of the next guy's drink.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Alex Rosenquist wrote: We would loose [...]

bad computer algorithm confirmed

BTT: we're supposed to get hyped here, so GET HYPED OR D...nah dont die trying, that would be extreme
Singapore milku3459
Howdah

Post by milku3459 »

jesus3 wrote:BTT: we're supposed to get hyped here, so GET HYPED OR DIE TRYING

basically what substance abuse is about
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

Post by Warno »

Anyone know the payouts for the tournament?

4th place doesn't get any $$?
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Warno wrote:Anyone know the payouts for the tournament?

4th place doesn't get any $$?

Quoting mcJim:

First place $1000, second place $400 and third place $100.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Alex Rosenquist wrote:Wow, so much hate.

No hate. Just gotta be consistent.

I used to make these mistakes too and I was getting corrected by a former teacher. Maybe that's why I reacted, because I remembered them. Didn't realise it would cause so much stir. Thought about deleting my post, but you can't do that once it gets replies.

I hope others will correct my mistakes too. The worst thing is to be flattered by people when you know they are wrong.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It's true. Like I said I do appreciate the feedback.
No Flag greatscythe11
Musketeer

Post by greatscythe11 »

Dolan wrote:No hate. Just gotta be consistent.
Dolan wrote: Didn't realise it would cause so much stir.
Dolan wrote:I hope others will correct my mistakes too. The worst thing is to be flattered by people when you know they are wrong.
My thoughts exactly.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Good to know as well!
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

deleted_user wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:Sir Callen: Amazing writer, super hot stream model. Now tell me he plays also guitar and I can confirm he fucks more than all these 4 finalists together.

I play bass guitar, kind of. I'm like 2nd lt or MS.

This guy fucks
mad cuz bad
Malaysia Yamato23
Musketeer
ESO: Yamato23

Post by Yamato23 »

who care his grammar! for sure he @deleted_user4 is the best author and his ideas were impressive. we should appreciate his contribution and NOT fucking criticizes his grammar.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

attribute genius to @Vinyanyérë, attribute mistake to me!
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

deleted_user wrote:It's not necessarily that hairdriers are bad units statistically, but that any civ that has halbs also has goons.
oranges.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah

Post by milku3459 »

_RDX_ wrote:
deleted_user wrote:It's not necessarily that hairdriers are bad units statistically, but that any civ that has halbs also has goons.

that must be duck