User avatar
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
Posts: 8013
ESO: Pezet
Location: Warsaw, Poland

11 Jun 2017, 16:01

Going well so far! Almost 600 viewers :kinggreen:
Memento: quanto crassior deliciarum causā factus eris, tanto difficilior impressione fugies — 徳川 家康
User avatar
China fei123456
Jaeger
Posts: 2303
ESO: fei123456
Location: Alderaan

11 Jun 2017, 19:41

congrats blackstar_god becomes the only player who wins 2 champions in esoc games
my point of view:
1. both played extremely well. blakstar wins because 1. he never make big mistakes, while rapha fell asleep when playing Ger vs Otto game. 2. he can play any civ, while rapha can't play asian and native civs. (manchuria is ofc a map designed for asian civs)
2. patch no nerf india is noob patch 3.1.1 lol
3. french is far from a "good" civ in current EP meta. it's just "usable" now.
4. french vs russia: rapha shows insane micro protecting cannons. but he should send 1000w at a certain point, build towers to control the resources.
5. three ways to win the last game: 1. kill all the cows to spam musk 10-10-10. 2. nake ff with 6 skirm, and use cdb to defend during aging up (pop out shot down a sepoy gather pop out repeat) 3. send "team early skirmisher" lol.
"Why don't you dare to play with me if you already know who I am? You can never beat me even if I don't cheat."
"Aoe3 is dying, and cheating keeps it alive."
——Chuanchuan Chen(陈川川)
User avatar
Finland princeofkabul
Howdah
Posts: 1327
ESO: Terkkson
Location: Cold ghettos of Malmö

12 Jun 2017, 10:57

4. It was more like "let's just end this already" - from blackstar
LoOk_tOm: U think that can u the lag
Hazza54321: Go fking play mariokart seriously

"I rather suck dick than play treaty" - Gibson 2k17
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 01
Posts: 4719
ESO: Garja

12 Jun 2017, 11:34

fei123456 wrote:congrats blackstar_god becomes the only player who wins 2 champions in esoc games
my point of view:
1. both played extremely well. blakstar wins because 1. he never make big mistakes, while rapha fell asleep when playing Ger vs Otto game. 2. he can play any civ, while rapha can't play asian and native civs. (manchuria is ofc a map designed for asian civs)
2. patch no nerf india is noob patch 3.1.1 lol
3. french is far from a "good" civ in current EP meta. it's just "usable" now.
4. french vs russia: rapha shows insane micro protecting cannons. but he should send 1000w
at a certain point, build towers to control the resources.
5. three ways to win the last game: 1. kill all the cows to spam musk 10-10-10. 2. nake ff with 6 skirm, and use cdb to defend during aging up (pop out shot down a sepoy gather pop out repeat) 3. send "team early skirmisher" lol.


Rapha played better overall but he threw couple games. He can play India btw and he showed azzy play.
His picks/strat were better except for otto/german where he should have ffed or played aggro bow pike. Also last game where classic 2rax xbow would have killed a super late cons rush.
French/russia on no TP is hard. Could have worked with musk semi maybe.
He failed at cannon micro in the russia/dutch game and also underperformed in the dutch/brit game where he reached fortress in good shape (same eco as brits and possibility to send unit ups).
Aztec strat wasnt that giod but he carried it anyway. Wasnt probably over but he got in bad position just cause a random 15 sepoy raid he reacted bit slow.
User avatar
China fei123456
Jaeger
Posts: 2303
ESO: fei123456
Location: Alderaan

12 Jun 2017, 11:39

Garja wrote:He failed at cannon micro in the russian game and also underperformed in the dutch/brit game where he reached fortress in good shape (same eco as brits and possibility to send unit ups).

the cannon micro doesnt matter at all... dutch has endless food and coin that blackstar CAN'T lose that game.
and in dutch vs brit MU if dutch has same eco it's brit favored imo. dutch should go vet hussar or even 6 hackapell to counter mass longbow, and add some ruyter/skirm/12 swiss.

Garja wrote:Aztec strat wasnt that giod but he carried it anyway. Wasnt probably over but he got in bad position just cause a random 15 sepoy raid he reacted bit slow.

what will you do after you killed agra with puma mace? i often get confused after that. 3wp 5v seems slow, while 600w 600g means no eco.
"Why don't you dare to play with me if you already know who I am? You can never beat me even if I don't cheat."
"Aoe3 is dying, and cheating keeps it alive."
——Chuanchuan Chen(陈川川)
User avatar
India Challenger_Marco
Dragoon
Posts: 263
ESO: challenger_marco
Location: India

12 Jun 2017, 11:40

BlackStar wins without practicing OP , Ithink it was fair game between those 2 since both hadn't prepared much and BlackStar came out with flying colours well played man, wp both.
I will beat all one day!!!!
User avatar
No Flag samwise12
Dragoon
Posts: 393

12 Jun 2017, 12:31

doesnt matter, MANKEL wouldve slain them both EVEN with his broken fingers
User avatar
Switzerland sebnan12
Howdah
Posts: 1113
ESO: Mongobillione
Location: Switzerland

12 Jun 2017, 12:44

samwise12 wrote:doesnt matter, MANKEL wouldve slain them both EVEN with his broken fingers

sure
BAE
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 01
Posts: 4719
ESO: Garja

12 Jun 2017, 12:53

fei123456 wrote:
Garja wrote:He failed at cannon micro in the russian game and also underperformed in the dutch/brit game where he reached fortress in good shape (same eco as brits and possibility to send unit ups).

the cannon micro doesnt matter at all... dutch has endless food and coin that blackstar CAN'T lose that game.
and in dutch vs brit MU if dutch has same eco it's brit favored imo. dutch should go vet hussar or even 6 hackapell to counter mass longbow, and add some ruyter/skirm/12 swiss.

Garja wrote:Aztec strat wasnt that giod but he carried it anyway. Wasnt probably over but he got in bad position just cause a random 15 sepoy raid he reacted bit slow.

what will you do after you killed agra with puma mace? i often get confused after that. 3wp 5v seems slow, while 600w 600g means no eco.

Lol from midfortress Russia wins ez. Better units better eco. He already switched to mills np. He literally did the only thing he could to lose the game which was lose a battle hard twice.

On indonesia he could have gone for water since Bsop made in base agra (with 1010 even I think).
User avatar
China fei123456
Jaeger
Posts: 2303
ESO: fei123456
Location: Alderaan

12 Jun 2017, 13:35

Garja wrote:Lol from midfortress Russia wins ez. Better units better eco. He already switched to mills np. He literally did the only thing he could to lose the game which was lose a battle hard twice.

How can russia deal with 40+ skirmishers? Rapha kill a skirm with 10 strelets lol. And dutch can spam cannons 5-5-5 easily. Also rapha don't have gold: will he swtich to plantation?
"Why don't you dare to play with me if you already know who I am? You can never beat me even if I don't cheat."
"Aoe3 is dying, and cheating keeps it alive."
——Chuanchuan Chen(陈川川)
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 01
Posts: 4719
ESO: Garja

12 Jun 2017, 13:38

there was plenty of gold left but that's not even the point, he can spam strelets and he's fine. Strels > skirms with even ups. Also CA > ruyters. In general Russia is just superior from midgame and on. It's not like French that have same expensive units (that cost gold). It's very hard to starve Russia when it has already swithched to mills.
Like from this point it was over.
Maybe Kalmucks was a bad move by the way. At least without power playing skirms with them. I would have totally gone on top of skirms with CA and strels shooting in the back. Once skirm count is halved or so you pull back the CA (there is no cav) and you just win. He can't do the same with ruyters cuz they drop too fast and have way less dps than CA.
In any case 2 more WH for strels instead of Kalmucks would have won anyway.
User avatar
China fei123456
Jaeger
Posts: 2303
ESO: fei123456
Location: Alderaan

12 Jun 2017, 13:47

Should cosaack strelet be better?
"Why don't you dare to play with me if you already know who I am? You can never beat me even if I don't cheat."
"Aoe3 is dying, and cheating keeps it alive."
——Chuanchuan Chen(陈川川)
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 01
Posts: 4719
ESO: Garja

12 Jun 2017, 13:49

Of course but it's too risky when you're doing war of attrition. Just match the same units of the opponent and you autowin cuz Russia outscales.
Here he doesn't have strel combat (cuz he lost previous battle so had to send 20 strels) but he's still winning. All he had to do was snipe off the falcs and Dutch can't go through.
User avatar
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
Posts: 8013
ESO: Pezet
Location: Warsaw, Poland

12 Jun 2017, 14:11

I think it was a fundamentally bad choice to pick the French on a non-TP map against the Russians, I felt he was on the back foot the entire game, but he fought really well overall. In my opinion Rapha overestimated the power of CDBs, he pretty much relied on them to hold rushes in this game and vs India, and although it's true they're tanky and stuff, they just don't gather then and slowly but surely die.
Great series altogether, about 4 hours of pure joy for the viewers!

fei123456 wrote:
Garja wrote:Lol from midfortress Russia wins ez. Better units better eco. He already switched to mills np. He literally did the only thing he could to lose the game which was lose a battle hard twice.

And dutch can spam cannons 5-5-5 easily.

2000 coin every 45 seconds OP ez :uglylol:
Memento: quanto crassior deliciarum causā factus eris, tanto difficilior impressione fugies — 徳川 家康

Forum Info

Return to “Tournament Information and Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests