Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Steam Summer Sale!

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Steam is having the annual Summer Sale, and Age of Empires III and the rest of the series are on sale, grab a copy while they are really cheap and hot!
The deal expires on July 5, which suggests that the Steam sale will continue for two weeks.

(Click on image or here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/105450)

If you already have/had the game installed and would like to register an ESO account, here are the necessary steps to do that:
1. First you need to remove your old CD-key from the registry. Run the following registry script: http://agecommunity.com/downloads/AOE3_ ... ry_101.zip
2. Run AoE3 Vanilla (no expansions)
3. The game should now ask you for a CD-key. Enter the new CD-key (you can find it in Steam (LIBRARY -> GAMES -> right click AoE3: Complete Collection -> View CD key)
4. Go to Multiplayer->ES Online. Select "Create New Account", fill out the form and you are done!
Netherlands blackwidow
Dragoon
ESO: MASTERdutch

Re: Steam Summer Sale!

Post by blackwidow »

Nice, been waiting for this one.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Yes!
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Is aom EE totally unplayable or is it worth it for this low price?
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

lemmings121 wrote:Is aom EE totally unplayable or is it worth it for this low price?

I think it's worth it for sure. It's improved alot. The highest level players play on voobly but you can still get games up to a decently high level on the ee.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

britishmusketeer wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:Is aom EE totally unplayable or is it worth it for this low price?

I think it's worth it for sure. It's improved alot. The highest level players play on voobly but you can still get games up to a decently high level on the ee.

reading their reddit seems like the game is totally broken, scared me away from buying it, but I might give it a go since is pretty cheap atm.

I imagine people on voobly use the old version of the game, right?
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

lemmings121 wrote:I imagine people on voobly use the old version of the game, right?

Yea, The Titans expansion.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

britishmusketeer wrote:

I'm not sure any AoM player would tell you that it's "improved alot". I just checked in right now to find there are a total of 38 people online in chat and two game lobbies. I consider that to be a dead game, especially as it's on sale right now..
The EE is plagued by bugs and imbalance, while the last official patch happened over a year ago. The players are literally petitioning for MS to do something since EE essentially made the game worse. Would not recommend.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Howdah

EAGLEMUT wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:

I'm not sure any AoM player would tell you that it's "improved alot". I just checked in right now to find there are a total of 38 people online in chat and two game lobbies. I consider that to be a dead game, especially as it's on sale right now..
The EE is plagued by bugs and imbalance, while the last official patch happened over a year ago. The players are literally petitioning for MS to do something since EE essentially made the game worse. Would not recommend.

Well when I played the game a few months ago I was able to get a game in EE qs in a similar time to RE qs. No-one hosts games. When I said it has improved alot it is currently far better than release although still not perfect obviously. As for balance it is imo pretty good. The chinese are slightly too strong particularly at a low level but apart from that the balance is definitely better than the titans. Also the maps are fixed so you almost never get map screwed anymore which is a huge deal. Maybe I'm biased because I like the game but I enjoyed it quite alot when I was playing it a few months ago.
Howdah

lemmings121 wrote:I imagine people on voobly use the old version of the game, right?

yea they play on the titans with a voobly balance patch.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

You can find all the info about the aot patches here: http://www.voobly.com/games/view/Age-of ... owse2/71/0
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

_NiceKING_ wrote:You can find all the info about the aot patches here: http://www.voobly.com/games/view/Age-of ... owse2/71/0

nice_king_op

make sure to be ready when aoe3 eso dies and we transition to voobly :D
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Any other recommendations on what to buy?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Just buy stuff on g2a..... 99% of the time anything on their is as cheap if not cheaper than its ever been on steam and you get a valid steam key.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

gibson wrote:Just buy stuff on g2a..... 99% of the time anything on their is as cheap if not cheaper than its ever been on steam and you get a valid steam key.

sometimes is stolen, but who cares right
United States of America XxFearingxX
Crossbow
ESO: XxFearingxX

Post by XxFearingxX »

I got a new CD key so I could get a new ESO account, but when I launched Vanilla it wouldn't start. My little profile pic on the bottom left corner of the screen would be green for 5 seconds, then go blue. I can only launch TAD and TWC. Is there any fix for this?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

lemmings121 wrote:
gibson wrote:Just buy stuff on g2a..... 99% of the time anything on their is as cheap if not cheaper than its ever been on steam and you get a valid steam key.

sometimes is stolen, but who cares right
I actually don't lol.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

AoE3 costs $36 on G2A, 3 times more expensive than on steam sale, and just $4 cheaper than a regular steam price (for US). In Canada, the regular steam price is $44, and on G2A it's $47 -> on G2A it's more expensive lol
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

_NiceKING_ wrote:

AoE3 costs $36 on G2A, 3 times more expensive than on steam sale, and just $4 cheaper than a regular steam price (for US). In Canada, the regular steam price is $44, and on G2A it's $47 -> on G2A it's more expensive lol
yea aoe is one of the very few things that you can get for cheaper on steam.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Any other recommendations on what to buy?

Eu 4 as a steam gift so that You Can bless another one with This Game. If You like rpg buy The witcher
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Any other recommendations on what to buy?

Portal 2 very cheap. If you like puzzle(you will like if you play these games) The Witness and the braid pack.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

XxFearingxX wrote:I got a new CD key so I could get a new ESO account, but when I launched Vanilla it wouldn't start. My little profile pic on the bottom left corner of the screen would be green for 5 seconds, then go blue. I can only launch TAD and TWC. Is there any fix for this?

Try running it as administrator.
Australia Timba
Skirmisher
ESO: Timba_

Post by Timba »

Are there any benefits to buying Age of Empires III on Steam if you already have the game installed from the CD's (apart from creating a smurf account)?
The best moment I've ever seen in AoEIII: youtu.be/LuMcFUjt6zQ?t=12m
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Timba wrote:Are there any benefits to buying Age of Empires III on Steam if you already have the game installed from the CD's (apart from creating a smurf account)?

No, none whatsoever.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Timba wrote:Are there any benefits to buying Age of Empires III on Steam if you already have the game installed from the CD's (apart from creating a smurf account)?

Steam will count the hours you're spending on this game and you'll feel bad