User avatar
Canada _NiceKING_
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
Posts: 1754
ESO: _NiceKING_

01 Jul 2017, 14:12

Kalimdor_Jr wrote:Whats the download link and how can i play this?

Join AoEO discord: https://discord.gg/sdxaK8b
Then go to #installation-tutorial channel

ImageImage

Image
User avatar
Egypt icen
Crossbow
Posts: 2
ESO: icen
Location: Egypt
Game: AoE Online

01 Jul 2017, 16:51

pvp hype
User avatar
Austria KINGofOsmane
Jaeger
Posts: 2519
ESO: KINGofOsmane
Location: Walling Town

01 Jul 2017, 17:59

split of the community coming in again
Image

VaneStoilov: the difference between aztec and otto is that with aztec you make vills
User avatar
Sweden Gendarme
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 02
Posts: 2105
ESO: Gendarme

01 Jul 2017, 20:04

You should give it a shot. Maybe you can beat Stanley in AoEO.
duck wrote:man it really sucks when you have to agree with gendarme on things
User avatar
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 2993

01 Jul 2017, 22:25

We won't be having any degradation of the Aoe3 experience that people expect. This will be incremental to our AOE3 work, not replacing anything! :)
User avatar
China fei123456
Jaeger
Posts: 2299
ESO: fei123456
Location: Alderaan

01 Jul 2017, 22:32

Lol the game seems to be so fun
Does h2o play this?
"Why don't you dare to play with me if you already know who I am? You can never beat me even if I don't cheat."
"Aoe3 is dying, and cheating keeps it alive."
——Chuanchuan Chen(陈川川)
User avatar
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
Posts: 404
ESO: Mameluké
Location: Gym

01 Jul 2017, 23:20

First when I looked at it I was like "damn this looks so shit" but when you get used to it it seems very dynamic and cool to play! Ill give it a try.
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
User avatar
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 2993

01 Jul 2017, 23:22

I played it back in 2011-12 a bit.
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
Posts: 1879
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

01 Jul 2017, 23:36

Incredible work on today's stream. Seriously, I can't imagine how the stream could have been more professional and amazing than it was.
I think the way we had one experienced AoEO caster and one AoE3 caster worked really well to bridge the gap between our communities and answer many questions on peoples' minds. The players were also apparently chosen well, as the series ended with an intense 3-2 result.
It was just great. Thanks to everyone who made this possible; the organizers, the casters, players, helpful people in the chat and of course the mighty devs themselves!
User avatar
France kami_ryu
ESOC Community Team
Posts: 1011
ESO: kami_ryu & incognoto
Location: Denver, CO, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster

02 Jul 2017, 01:00

So what about balance & maps?

I assume the people behind the servers of AOEO will also be playing a role in that regard?
[explicit].
User avatar
United States of America giveuanxiety
AoE:O Team
Posts: 886
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

02 Jul 2017, 01:22

Ya so with the release of pvp we actually had our first balance patch. It was a small one;

War Elephant: Speed reduced to 7, from 9.
Priest of Set: Conversion range reduced to 28, from 32. Insanity rate increased to 16, from 10.
Hunting dogs upgrade changed to 100wood and 50gold, from 150 wood and 50 gold.

We wanted the first one to be real small, we have a good balance team working and making sure we are all on the same page before making any changes and only making changes that are necessary.
Follow my stream @ twitch.tv/giveuanxiety
No Flag umeu
Gendarme
Posts: 6828

02 Jul 2017, 02:35

Wow can we hire you guys for ep?!!!
I kissed a girl and I liked it
Popped her cherry with my chapstick
I kissed a girl just to try it
I hope my wife don't mind it
It felt so wrong, it felt so right
Don't mean I'm in love tonight
I kissed a girl and I liked it
I liked it
User avatar
Netherlands MCJim
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 2340
ESO: MCJim
Location: The Netherlands

02 Jul 2017, 11:45

How do you guys think about the current player base? How many players can it reach again?
:food: AoE3 YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/jimleem1
:wood: AoE3 Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_
User avatar
European Union AwayMender996
Crossbow
Posts: 4
ESO: AwayMender996
Location: Europe, Belgium, Bruges

04 Jul 2017, 10:06

So hyped :O, aoeo was what brought me into aoe in the first place! Thanks for bringing it back and esoc for helping the game!
Finland tempires
Crossbow
Posts: 4
ESO: Tempires
Game: AoE Online

05 Jul 2017, 12:12

MCJim wrote:How do you guys think about the current player base? How many players can it reach again?


well it's still in closed beta so everyone doesn't have access to game
User avatar
United States of America IAmSoldieR
Howdah
Donator 02
Posts: 1224
ESO: IAmSoldieR
Location: Chi City

05 Jul 2017, 13:10

I can at least get a competitive game on aoeo faster than on aoe3
User avatar
Netherlands MCJim
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 2340
ESO: MCJim
Location: The Netherlands

05 Jul 2017, 17:29

IAmSoldieR wrote:I can at least get a competitive game on aoeo faster than on aoe3

That's nice of course, but I think the question is for how long. Any estimation about the maximum amount of players AoEO should be able to reach? Of course I hope as many as possible!!
:food: AoE3 YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/jimleem1
:wood: AoE3 Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_
Germany lordraphael
Howdah
Posts: 1746

05 Jul 2017, 18:50

MCJim wrote:
IAmSoldieR wrote:I can at least get a competitive game on aoeo faster than on aoe3

That's nice of course, but I think the question is for how long. Any estimation about the maximum amount of players AoEO should be able to reach? Of course I hope as many as possible!!

i cant imagine that aoeo surpasses aoe 3 in user numbers. Its an unofficial release of an already old game that wasnt even succesful aka cant benefit from a large playerbase that wants to play it.
breeze wrote:they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
User avatar
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
Posts: 404
ESO: Mameluké
Location: Gym

05 Jul 2017, 20:24

lordraphael wrote:
MCJim wrote:
IAmSoldieR wrote:I can at least get a competitive game on aoeo faster than on aoe3

That's nice of course, but I think the question is for how long. Any estimation about the maximum amount of players AoEO should be able to reach? Of course I hope as many as possible!!

i cant imagine that aoeo surpasses aoe 3 in user numbers. Its an unofficial release of an already old game that wasnt even succesful aka cant benefit from a large playerbase that wants to play it.

too many people which dont like the graphics. :biggrin:
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
User avatar
United States of America IAmSoldieR
Howdah
Donator 02
Posts: 1224
ESO: IAmSoldieR
Location: Chi City

05 Jul 2017, 22:46

https://www.engadget.com/2013/08/19/why ... ne-failed/

back in the day there were mutiple servers with 15k people each
User avatar
Netherlands Wout
Musketeer
Posts: 76
ESO: Wout

09 Jul 2017, 13:40

MCJim wrote:How do you guys think about the current player base? How many players can it reach again?


The community is rapidly growing again. We're doing our best to get many of the old top players back, and succeeding. As of now, there are 1500+ people in the discord, and 1000+ people who have used a key and are playing. Ofcourse only a fraction of those people play PvP, but it is already at the point where people can get games quite easily.
User avatar
Netherlands MCJim
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 2340
ESO: MCJim
Location: The Netherlands

11 Jul 2017, 12:26

Wout wrote:
MCJim wrote:How do you guys think about the current player base? How many players can it reach again?


The community is rapidly growing again. We're doing our best to get many of the old top players back, and succeeding. As of now, there are 1500+ people in the discord, and 1000+ people who have used a key and are playing. Ofcourse only a fraction of those people play PvP, but it is already at the point where people can get games quite easily.

I gotta say that the amount of people on Discord is impressive. 1000 people who have gotten the key seems to be good amount right now. Hopefully, people will stick around so it will actually grow even more.
:food: AoE3 YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/jimleem1
:wood: AoE3 Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_
Germany lordraphael
Howdah
Posts: 1746

11 Jul 2017, 14:03

MCJim wrote:
Wout wrote:
MCJim wrote:How do you guys think about the current player base? How many players can it reach again?


The community is rapidly growing again. We're doing our best to get many of the old top players back, and succeeding. As of now, there are 1500+ people in the discord, and 1000+ people who have used a key and are playing. Ofcourse only a fraction of those people play PvP, but it is already at the point where people can get games quite easily.

I gotta say that the amount of people on Discord is impressive. 1000 people who have gotten the key seems to be good amount right now. Hopefully, people will stick around so it will actually grow even more.

i wonder where those 1.5 k on discord are. Im actually in the group and there are 345 members. Oh and i also got a key, played 5 min and decided to never do it again :)
breeze wrote:they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
User avatar
Netherlands MCJim
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 2340
ESO: MCJim
Location: The Netherlands

11 Jul 2017, 14:07

Yeah 345 members who are online right now. Probably the amount of members that have access to the Discord is 1500+
:food: AoE3 YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/jimleem1
:wood: AoE3 Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_
User avatar
Netherlands Wout
Musketeer
Posts: 76
ESO: Wout

12 Jul 2017, 10:25

Indeed. It's 1750 now, and 1150 keys used.

Forum Info

Return to “News”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests