Microsoft Announced AoE3:DE and AoE4!

Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Re: Microsoft Announced AoE3:DE and AoE4!

Post by bobabu »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:I deleted the windows store from my registry files so I hope they release it on steam ...

Not gonna happen any time soon. They even released a windows version which only uses the store.
No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

Post by TheArtofWars »

Has anyone looked at the video release in detail for clues about AOE4?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

There really aren't too many. Graphically it was just shots and art from previous games from the main Age of Empires line, the only hint we seem to be left with is the quote: „Now a new age is upon us" at the end, which can somewhat direct to post-AoE3 historical era, meaning more modern times on which the game could probably be based.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

TheArtofWars wrote:Has anyone looked at the video release in detail for clues about AOE4?

Imo, the biggest hint was in the event itself. All the guests were AoE2 casters - sure screams medieval era to me.

pecelot wrote:There really aren't too many. Graphically it was just shots and art from previous games from the main Age of Empires line, the only hint we seem to be left with is the quote: „Now a new age is upon us" at the end, which can somewhat direct to post-AoE3 historical era, meaning more modern times on which the game could probably be based.

I've heard a couple people cite that as evidence, but I'm pretty sure Microsoft used that line because it's a play on words, not because AoE4 is going to take place in an era after than of 3.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

I don't think anyone has a clue other than its not going to be in the future.
mad cuz bad
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Papist wrote:
TheArtofWars wrote:Has anyone looked at the video release in detail for clues about AOE4?

Imo, the biggest hint was in the event itself. All the guests were AoE2 casters - sure screams medieval era to me.

That's just because they had a LAN event hosted at Gamescom, and at the same time AoE2 remains the main game of the franchise — do you think they would invite someone from the AoE3 or even AoM community?
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

when can we expect some official news on this? maybe E3 2018?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Well, definitely, no one knows until then, I guess... :?
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

lemmings121 wrote:when can we expect some official news on this? maybe E3 2018?

most likely E3 will be the first info dump.
mad cuz bad
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Papist wrote:

pecelot wrote:There really aren't too many. Graphically it was just shots and art from previous games from the main Age of Empires line, the only hint we seem to be left with is the quote: „Now a new age is upon us" at the end, which can somewhat direct to post-AoE3 historical era, meaning more modern times on which the game could probably be based.

I've heard a couple people cite that as evidence, but I'm pretty sure Microsoft used that line because it's a play on words, not because AoE4 is going to take place in an era after than of 3.

I think its valid to think that was a play on words. A new age is upon is meaning a new age of empires and a new age in this series.
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

Jerom wrote:
Papist wrote:

I think its valid to think that was a play on words. A new age is upon is meaning a new age of empires and a new age in this series.

they will produce it in the scenario that sells best. this is still microsoft.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Well, Microsoft uses to product to push some of their actual agenda (windows store, windows 10 haha). But yeah, I do think almost any company would go for medieval.
Denmark crjensen4
Dragoon
Donator 07
ESO: crjensen4

Post by crjensen4 »

Ha - placed my preorder already at CDON.COM for AEO 4 LOL
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

I thought some scaremongering would be appropriate so I was having a look through the relic employee review that I saw linked on the aoe3 reddit: https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Employee-Review-Relic-Entertainment-RVW18568693.htm

Finding this gem "It's now causing out next big game to be an epic failure as well because the team's opinions simply don't matter." :lol:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Yeah, it's looking rather grim and also legitimate, as Relic has even responded to it.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

- We need to look at a different system of developing games where the balance of power and decision making isn't placed on a couple of people who ignore team feedback and lead us down the wrong path. It caused a critical failure with Dawn of War 3 and it's now causing our next big game to be an epic failure as well because the team's opinions simply don't matter. It's insane that a couple of team members decide the entire direction of the game without any real effort to get input and buy-in from the team. This approach could work if we had the right visionary type people, but we don't - instead we have design leadership who are invisible, out-of-touch or who are extremely difficult to work with due to their arrogance and bully-like approach.

Relevant part for those that don't want to click the link.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Also reminds me of esoc much. I feel like I could've been that guy. Which probably reduces its credibility a bit.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

momuuu wrote:Also reminds me of esoc much. I feel like I could've been that guy. Which probably reduces its credibility a bit.

The fact that a Relic Manager responded to it gives quite some credibility I think, and they've even admitted that "Many of the points laid out here we’re aware of".
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Reminds me of the EP team, or should I say zoi?
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Yeah, it's looking rather grim and also legitimate, as Relic has even responded to it.

Oh lol turns out it was the aoe4 reddit and you were the one that posted it. :lol:

You've been looking for clues.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

It's irrelevant, for the reason that AoE4 would never outperform AoE 1-3 in the first place. Whether it's good and far worse or bad and far worse makes little difference, in the end.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Reminds me of the EP team, or should I say zoi?
I feel the same way! Fuck you all.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
momuuu wrote:Also reminds me of esoc much. I feel like I could've been that guy. Which probably reduces its credibility a bit.

The fact that a Relic Manager responded to it gives quite some credibility I think, and they've even admitted that "Many of the points laid out here we’re aware of".

I meant the credibility of the truth behind the statements. As much as it may be his interpretation, it does not necessarily have to present the truth. My post was in fact deep rooted self mockery.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Lol they're are still looking for AOEIV team members.
Image Image Image
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Well, we don't know if the mistrust of this guy towards his employers is justifiable or not. Maybe the lead game designer is a fanboy of starcraft and wants AoE4 to be a spinoff of starcraft, maybe it is the other way around, where the employee is a starcraft fanboy. To be fair there were also some people from Ensemble Studios who considered AoE3 a failure, you really never know... Either way it doesn't look promising.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?