Announcing the ESOC AUTUMN CHAMPIONSHIP 2017

Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Re: Announcing the ESOC AUTUMN CHAMPIONSHIP 2017

Post by milku3459 »

deleted_user wrote:
Ashvin wrote:you gon report reporting team's leader?

You're afraid of dramahub for our logical superiority.

soon after ashvin leaves the server in a huff
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

deleted_user wrote:
We decided to ban all people except the scheduling participants from posting in scheduling threads. This decision was made because many scheduling threads eventually become cluttered with spam from excited players, which hinders the participants in scheduling their game. In this tournament, we will create threads in the "Tournament Rules and Information" section in which we invite everyone to discuss players, matchups, potential strategies, and more.

Not a fan. Screw PMs this is public discussion. I think I even expressed this back when I was shtaff. The ability to participate in scheduling threads with players as a spectator was very unique. Maybe getting to egg on players susceptible to salt a little more in a harmless manner and be a part of the rivalry and get to take sides in a public manner or make a good joke was something I enjoyed. I understand the reasoning behind it but oh well. I hardly felt the amount of input from other users became too much. This now just seems like even more division of threads. Too many areas of ESOC to keep track of and with more division of these types of things participation declines.
The tournament map pool won't change during the tournament itself.

Interesting. Any idea the number of maps in total? I'm worried as a viewer of stale maps and because of that stale play styles throughout the entire tournament much like we saw with restricted MUs in TWC tourney.

All together though I'm looking forward to another tournament! It seems there is never no tournament that isn't happening or close to being in the works. Good stuff!

The decision wasn't made lightly. We understand that many people liked to post in scheduling threads, but we also feel like the player experience has been affected too much in the past few tournaments. We will try out this new system for now and we may revisit this subject in the near future. The issue where tournament information is too divided has been recognized. The developers are currently working on revamping the home page in order to provide a more centralized overview of what we've got going on.

The tournament map pool is still in the works and will be released along with the rules. I'd argue that the restricted MUs in the Warchiefs Classic had to do more with civilization restrictions rather than map restrictions.
No Flag oceanic
Crossbow

Post by oceanic »

Hyped for the tournament. Hail ESOC!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Sieg Mart!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Can we put for example previous RO8 players to (really) some higher bracket?

I wouldn't really like to schedule all month vs pr 20s like last tournament
Germany agrondergermane
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by agrondergermane »

somppukunkku wrote:Can we put for example previous RO8 players to (really) some higher bracket?

only to get bashed in the later rounds? :-P
-Deep down I know it's me, and deep down I know you are so jealous :).- Sir_Musket 2018
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

somppukunkku wrote:Can we put for example previous RO8 players to (really) some higher bracket?

Not sure if you are Top 4 :hmm:
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Good question. The reason why we don't seed high leveled players higher has to do with the activity of our player base. If you look at our past tournaments you'll notice the RO8 never contains the same players. The RO8 of Spring 2017 and Autumn 2016 only shared one player (LordRaphael). Out of the 7 players who reached the RO8 in Autumn 2016 but not in Spring 2017, 5 of those participated in Spring 2017.

Though the sample size is small, the conclusion is that the skill level and activity of players fluctuates a lot in between tournaments. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone since AoE3 isn't quite your nowadays eSports and most players participate for fun only. Because we have no guarantee that the winner of last season's tournament is still capable of reaching the RO8, we don't seed players any higher than the RO32.

Scheduling vs PR20s in the first two or three weeks is inevitable if you didn't reach the RO16 in the previous seasonal tournament. Consider it a warmup!
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

He's talking about just like a two or three round bye, not direct seeding into the ro8.

And the answer is no sommpu because that's not how tournaments work.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

RO8 debatable. :hmm:
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Germany StrikerEureka
Crossbow
ESO: IamStriKeR

Post by StrikerEureka »

hey, im new to aoe3. Whats PR15?
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

StrikerEureka wrote:hey, im new to aoe3. Whats PR15?

There is a skill rating of 0 to 55 in Age Of Empires III. PR15 is the 16th rank you can get in the game. Then higher your rank, the more skilful you are at the game.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

deleted_user wrote:He's talking about just like a two or three round bye, not direct seeding into the ro8.

Also Real Madrid should play in UCL vs 19th division spanish drunk teams because thats how the tournament works
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

supernapoleon wrote:

Did I mention myself or my level at all?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

somppukunkku wrote:
deleted_user wrote:He's talking about just like a two or three round bye, not direct seeding into the ro8.

Also Real Madrid should play in UCL vs 19th division spanish drunk teams because thats how the tournament works

false equivalence
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

deleted_user wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:

false equivalence

True. Real Madrid < Princeofkabul < Somppukunkku
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I have never heard of any serious tournament with more than one "bai". Seeing as this probably qualifies as less serious a tournament, perhaps two-round "bais" could be traid.
No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon

Post by enjoy2play »

bring musketjr back pls

and mankl
and veni
and roby

an even umeu for the lulz
Acergamer wrote:Well, that's it for me fellas haha. Anyways I just want to say good luck to Samwise12 ,and hope he beats Lordraphael since he's basically a piece of shit idiot combination of Garja and Umeu.
N3O_Jerom wrote:and huh the balance is actually pretty good
United States of America CurassierAndCurassier
Retired Contributor
ESO: Montcalm17

Post by CurassierAndCurassier »

Screw it I'm going in. I am so ready to get roflstomped in the first round. I would like to use my veto on the map "Not Hudson Bay."
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

a real tournament should have qualifiers, so that's not how a tournament works either.
in a tournament should be the best players or in this case (aoe3) +30ish. Even in the japan community they wont let anyone join for a good reason. once again we shall have half year tournament with lots of delays and stuff.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

supernapoleon wrote:

Sommpu is pretty good.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Can I be seeded straight in as the tournament winner?

I don't really feel like playing anyone tbh.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

princeofkabul wrote:

a real tournament should have qualifiers, so that's not how a tournament works either.
in a tournament should be the best players or in this case (aoe3) +30ish. Even in the japan community they wont let anyone join for a good reason. once again we shall have half year tournament with lots of delays and stuff.

Good point but I don't believe qualifiers would work well for our player base.

You get into exciting match ups between captains and majors in the first round already out of group stage. It's trivial and boring to you but it's not for the players.

What you're suggesting is basically removing group stage in preference for a qualifier and having a bracket only. The result would be much the same since top players are already seeded out of group stage.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Group stage is effectively qualifiers. In the previous tournament I had to play players who were PR35+ from the RO32 and onward, and that's only the 2nd round of the bracket stage. That hardly seems unreasonable.

Tournaments would take significantly less time if people were simply better at communicating their weekly availabilities or vacations in advance. Instead we often see talk such as "I think I can play Friday but I'm not sure"; and then don't hear back from them until the day before or sometimes even the day after.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

WickedCossack wrote:Can I be seeded straight in as the tournament winner?

I don't really feel like playing anyone tbh.

#dodgecossack
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.