Poll: Would you play ESOC FP?

If ESOC was to release a fan patch (more info in post), would you play it and why?

Yes, because I want to be able to play all civs.
48%
Yes, because I want to play rated on ESOC maps.
26%
Yes, for a different reason.
6%
No, because it will be hard to find games on my level.
10%
No, because I don't want any civs to change.
3%
No, for a different reason.
8%

Total votes: 324

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

[div style="text-align:center'"][url=http://eso-community.net/thread/2402/poll-play-esoc-fp" style="font-size:12pt']Vote here[/url][/div][div style="text-align:center'"]
[/div][div style="text-align:center'"][span style="font-size:12pt'"]Hey everyone,[/span][/div]
Since the beginning of the ESOC project, a potential new Fan Patch has been on our minds. Now, we are seeing a lot of activity on this website, more than any of us expected, and solid community participation in both the tournaments and the betting event. The tournaments are not stopping any time soon, and even the numbers on ESO are barely worse than they were in 2010 during last FP times.

But were missing 2 things: Civ balance and an acceptable map pool for people to play rated games on. A patch fixes both those problems, but an official patch is off the table so we have to do it ourselves. We are aware that changing too much would be a mistake and if we go through with this project its not a mistake we will make. ESOC patchs most important features would be:

- The possibility to play rated games on ESOC maps.
- Minimal changes to some of the civs with the goal of making all civs equally viable to play.
- A very easy installation with auto-update functionality which means no manual updates.
- Easy to switch between patches by means of 2 separate .exe files.
- Compatible with the Steam version of the game.

The next step for us is this poll. We know we are reaching a fairly large audience on this website, but important for us to know is whether enough people show interest in the patch. After all, we do need to be sure that enough players will play it. So if you know someone who will play the patch but they dont visit this site (or not very often) please tell them to vote. Also, please spread the word about this poll on ESO itself!

Feel free to discuss the subject in this thread, I will be monitoring it and answering questions. If you voted for either of the "for a different reason" options, please do mention your reason in a reply. Thanks!
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Well, it depends on how this fp looks. Out of 14civs, I'm sure 4-5 would be fked.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

would be great
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

diarouga wrote:Well, it depends on how this fp looks. Out of 14civs, I''m sure 4-5 would be fked.

The idea is that changes would be minimal so that Ottomans and Iro could be played, but the current meta and balance would not be upset greatly.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

the numbers are quite a bit worse though. I think the community has basically halved, but is much more organized.

Also, torn between yes I want to be able to play all civs and yes I want my dutch to actually be good :P
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

musketeer925 wrote:
diarouga wrote:Well, it depends on how this fp looks. Out of 14civs, Im sure 4-5 would be fked.

The idea is that changes would be minimal so that Ottomans and Iro could be played, but the current meta and balance would not be upset greatly.
I want to be able to play on fair maps but I dont trust people who will do the fp.
We all know that gs hates water, so water boom wouldnt be viable anymore since it almost isnt currently.
We also know that he wants china to have colonial options and imo china should just ff.
So just put esoc maps and dont change civs.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

jerom wrote:the numbers are quite a bit worse though. I think the community has basically halved, but is much more organized.

Also, torn between yes I want to be able to play all civs and yes I want my dutch to actually be good :P
Voted yes just because I wanna see Jerom play Dutch after all his talk ')
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I think it would be really nice. Many civs do not need changes though. Iro, Otto, China need to be nerfed imo. Ports, Dutch , Spain, Russia need to be buffed without changing the civs' specialities
No Flag drumal
Skirmisher

Post by drumal »

"So just put esoc maps and don't change civs."

same here
No Flag drumal
Skirmisher

Post by drumal »

and how many players used to be online in golden era AoE3 ?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

drumal wrote:and how many players used to be online in golden era AoE3 ?
I have screens of friends with 8-9k players online.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

edeholland wrote:
jerom wrote:the numbers are quite a bit worse though. I think the community has basically halved, but is much more organized.

Voted yes just because I wanna see Jerom play Dutch after all his talk ')
Im already playing basically dutch only haha :)
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

diarouga wrote:
musketeer925 wrote:The idea is that changes would be minimal so that Ottomans and Iro could be played, but the current meta and balance would not be upset greatly.
I want to be able to play on fair maps but I dont trust people who will do the fp.
We all know that gs hates water, so water boom wouldnt be viable anymore since it almost isnt currently.
We also know that he wants china to have colonial options and imo china should just ff.
Heh, as much as I would like to see water be a viable way to play again instead of the way it is now (broken), itll be a while before I can get any significant water change through the rest of the team let alone the community ')
As is, and this could change but not much, we are only planning to change 5 civs. Iro, Otto, Sioux, Ports and Dutch. And the changes will be minimal, so no worries.
No Flag drumal
Skirmisher

Post by drumal »

9K.. wow.. wish I was on eso with this numbers, fuck me
No Flag drumal
Skirmisher

Post by drumal »

calmyourtits wrote:
diarouga wrote:I want to be able to play on fair maps but I dont trust people who will do the fp.
Heh, as much as I would like to see water be a viable way to play again instead of the way it is now (broken), itll be a while before I can get any significant water change through the rest of the team let alone the community ')
As is, and this could change of course, we are only planning to change 5 civs. Iro, Otto, Sioux, Ports and Dutch. And the changes will be minimal, so no worries.
So boost Ports and Dutch and Spain is definitely out..lol
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

calmyourtits wrote:
diarouga wrote:I want to be able to play on fair maps but I dont trust people who will do the fp.
As is, and this could change but not much, we are only planning to change 5 civs. Iro, Otto, Sioux, Ports and Dutch. And the changes will be minimal, so no worries.
Hell yeah! Write me down for the next tournement preview as the favorite! [spoiler]{Spoiler}
Kappa[/spoiler]
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

calmyourtits wrote:
If you only change these civs, Im k.
Many people (ones who tried to play water), told you that water wasnt op at all, we wont do a water thread again but really, it isnt op if you play properly vs it (by properly I mean land eco+water push).
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

yes because the game needs some actual support please x)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Post by sc »

yes, depending on how easy it is to switch back and forth between OG and patch
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

diarouga wrote:Well, it depends on how this fp looks. Out of 14civs, I''m sure 4-5 would be fked.
Presume that no civ will be any more fucked than it is currently, for what this is worth.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

sc wrote:yes, depending on how easy it is to switch back and forth between OG and patch
As easy as clicking a button
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

unless you are patching grenadiers, im not interested. and while you are at it, you can change those 5 civs, and change small mistakes here and there, such as grenadiers not being trainable in the barracks.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I feel like Russia should be changed so that it's infantry don't have to be trained in batches imo
No Flag Mirari
Musketeer

Post by Mirari »

I'd play this patch so hard