Poll: Would you play ESOC FP?

If ESOC was to release a fan patch (more info in post), would you play it and why?

Yes, because I want to be able to play all civs.
48%
Yes, because I want to play rated on ESOC maps.
26%
Yes, for a different reason.
6%
No, because it will be hard to find games on my level.
10%
No, because I don't want any civs to change.
3%
No, for a different reason.
8%

Total votes: 324

No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

lusas wrote:I dont understand why no changes for India and China , they must get some nerfing
Right
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

r4go wrote:
lusas wrote:I dont understand why no changes for India and China , they must get some nerfing
Right

. Its not so much them being OP as the rest of the civs being UP. As they say india is the best designed and so mayb the rest of the civs just need more designing
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

adderbrain5 wrote:
r4go wrote:Right
. Its not so much them being OP as the rest of the civs being UP. As they say india is the best designed and so mayb the rest of the civs just need more designing
There is by definition not too much of a difference between those two, as the strength of a civ is relative to the other civs.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

jerom wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:. Its not so much them being OP as the rest of the civs being UP. As they say india is the best designed and so mayb the rest of the civs just need more designing
There is by definition not too much of a difference between those two, as the strength of a civ is relative to the other civs.

not really because basically what im saying is that some civs werent designed well. Just because of that doesnt mean that the ones that were should be nerfed. The poorly designed civs most especially ports should instead be refined/improved so that they are also good civ.
My critique of the ridiculous so called pro community remains the same.... This idiotic doctrine of nihlism by which every map that isnt bal should be removed, every unit that is good should be nerfed, ban every civ but french... This homogenization of aie3 isnt good for anyone or anything. The game has water maps like ceylon because those are cool. They provide an interesting geography of gameplay. How can a pro even be called that if he cant beat otto, or only plays standard?
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Gold medalist must be right
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

adderbrain5 wrote:
jerom wrote:There is by definition not too much of a difference between those two, as the strength of a civ is relative to the other civs.
not really because basically what im saying is that some civs werent designed well. Just because of that doesnt mean that the ones that were should be nerfed. The poorly designed civs most especially ports should instead be refined/improved so that they are also good civ.
My critique of the ridiculous so called pro community remains the same.... This idiotic doctrine of nihlism by which every map that isnt bal should be removed, every unit that is good should be nerfed, ban every civ but french... This homogenization of aie3 isnt good for anyone or anything. The game has water maps like ceylon because those are cool. They provide an interesting geography of gameplay. How can a pro even be called that if he cant beat otto, or only plays standard?

in the end, you can nerf civs to the level of the bottom civ, buff civs to the level of the top civ or kinda tweak them all to the level of the middle civ. There isnt much difference.

Regarding the pros wanting to make all civs like france: I dont know if you have read much of their posts at all, but they set the explicit goal to only change the balance of civs, not to change the way they are played.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

jerom wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote: not really because basically what im saying is that some civs werent designed well. Just because of that doesnt mean that the ones that were should be nerfed. The poorly designed civs most especially ports should instead be refined/improved so that they are also good civ.
in the end, you can nerf civs to the level of the bottom civ, buff civs to the level of the top civ or kinda tweak them all to the level of the middle civ. There isnt much difference.

Regarding the pros wanting to make all civs like france: I dont know if you have read much of their posts at all, but they set the explicit goal to only change the balance of civs, not to change the way they are played.
I think you are still missing what Im saying. Which leads me to believe many other people probably are too. What we really need is some inspired developing work, not stat tweaking. Some inspired further developing of underpowered civ will make it so that all civ are great not just OTTO, Iroquois, India etc. Those civ are not OP actually. They are just good. and other civ arent. But dont take away what makes them good because then you are taking away from the game. I think the ESOC have done enough of that already. FFS give the UP civ something that makes them great too. dont nerf civ that are good.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: Poll: Would you play ESOC FP?

Post by tedere12 »

I agree with @adderbrain5
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: Poll: Would you play ESOC FP?

Post by EAGLEMUT »