Poll: Would you play ESOC FP?

If ESOC was to release a fan patch (more info in post), would you play it and why?

Yes, because I want to be able to play all civs.
48%
Yes, because I want to play rated on ESOC maps.
26%
Yes, for a different reason.
6%
No, because it will be hard to find games on my level.
10%
No, because I don't want any civs to change.
3%
No, for a different reason.
8%

Total votes: 324

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

@Chronique I just checked nilla statistics and the best civ is german, followed by port
And the 2nd worst civ is spain.
If we trust statistics we need to nerf ger and port on nilla because they are too strong and buff spain because they suck?
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Nilla stat said brit under and other its fair (spain 50% gemran 52%, its not unfair)
But the level of nilla is realy bad and the number of games played is much lower, so is lest significative. For exemple, pr 29 nilla its globaly pr 25 asian, so if i choose stat betwin pr29-50 its pr 25-30 from TAD.

Statistic give an information, this is the reason why i dont said "spain is the worth because statsitc said", i just said, russian cant be the worth because their have 49% win. The difference betwin 39% and 49% is too important to be explained by the simple decision of players. Other reason why i dont said "india is the best", but if we look statsitic, we can see india/otto/iro top 3 (it is not unrealistic, its necessary to take in consideration that without tp otto sux and iro not incredible) and hollo/spain/porto top 3 weak civ (this is probably what many people think).

So, for me its just impossible to said that one civ is the worst if it has 10% more victory than another, even if it's against the holy word of H2O (sry for you h2o ^^ you are one of the biggest autority argument of this game, if you knew).
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

We're talking about garja's maps, fair maps. Russia wins 50% of their games with a rush thanks to the map (no hunt), so the statistices aren't relevant.
No Flag g06092
Skirmisher

Post by g06092 »

kaiserklein wrote:
g06092 wrote:I already told you why what you said is stupid. It makes no sense. Thats why when you repeat it while thinking I misunderstood you makes no difference to me. I wont continue repeating you same stuff all over again.Russia has nothing more in compare with Dutch in this MU in terms of water play.
What jerom said makes perfect sense... If russia can usually afford not to send 3 vils, then schooners is less of a waste for them than it is for dutch, who have to skip 3 vils. After all, lets say russia ages up with 17 vils (can make sense for a waterboom), it means they already gained 4 vils compared to a "normal" civ. Thats one reason why they can play without vils shipments, so they can ship schooners age 1 because they dont waste a 3 vils card. Just like germans would never send schooners instead of their 2 sws, russia can instead of wood trickle.

Its kinda hard to explain but it makes perfect sense... Idk why you are being so arrogant
Really? So Russia can afford having bad economy? The fact that they dont have 3 vills doesnt mean that they can afford it. Russias early economy is bad. Staring with 5 vills, dont build TP, no market, have stupid wood trickle for shipment. But thats not enough - they have more idle TC time at start and surely will have before age up if aiming for 14 vill age up. Also you are losing a lot of resources by getting all 3 vills after a long time instead of having 2 of them already gathering by the time the third comes out. If they can play without vills shipments as you say then why are they sending the closest possible to vills shipment - trickle? The only difference is that you are greedy and dont feel as good to send schooners instead of 3 vills as sending schooners instead of 2.5 vills(wood trickle). And btw Germans dont have schooners... which means you obviously dont have really good understanding of the game if you havent noticed that (same for French and others!).
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

"We're talking about garja's maps, fair maps. Russia wins 50% of their games with a rush thanks to the map (no hunt), so the statistices aren't relevant."
It's true, if we speak of garja's maps i dont give my opinion but the sondage dont give this information (that we spoke only garja's map).
No Flag PoniPoika
Skirmisher

Post by PoniPoika »

g06092 wrote:
kaiserklein wrote:What jerom said makes perfect sense... If russia can usually afford not to send 3 vils, then schooners is less of a waste for them than it is for dutch, who have to skip 3 vils. After all, lets say russia ages up with 17 vils (can make sense for a waterboom), it means they already gained 4 vils compared to a "normal" civ. Thats one reason why they can play without vils shipments, so they can ship schooners age 1 because they dont waste a 3 vils card. Just like germans would never send schooners instead of their 2 sws, russia can instead of wood trickle.

Its kinda hard to explain but it makes perfect sense... Idk why you are being so arrogant
Really? So Russia can afford having bad economy? The fact that they dont have 3 vills doesnt mean that they can afford it. Russias early economy is bad. Staring with 5 vills, dont build TP, no market, have stupid wood trickle for shipment. But thats not enough - they have more idle TC time at start and surely will have before age up if aiming for 14 vill age up. Also you are losing a lot of resources by getting all 3 vills after a long time instead of having 2 of them already gathering by the time the third comes out. If they can play without vills shipments as you say then why are they sending the closest possible to vills shipment - trickle? The only difference is that you are greedy and dont feel as good to send schooners instead of 3 vills as sending schooners instead of 2.5 vills(wood trickle). And btw Germans dont have schooners... which means you obviously dont have really good understanding of the game if you havent noticed that (same for French and others!).

Youe clearly missing the point. For any civ with the option of sending 3 vills, sending schooners represents a considerable investment due to the opportunity cost of (usually) not sending 3 vills. This is less of an issue for civs like ports and russia since they lack a viable alternative (though distributivism is not horrible). The result is that schooners and a water boom pay off faster for them because they need less value to make up for the more limited investment than a civ like, say, ottos or spain. That is not to say russia is a top civ on water or even that they necessarily even do well, only that they lose less of their regular potential in going for water.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

chronique wrote:"We''re talking about garja''s maps, fair maps. Russia wins 50% of their games with a rush thanks to the map (no hunt), so the statistices aren''t relevant."
It''s true, if we speak of garja''s maps i dont give my opinion but the sondage dont give this information (that we spoke only garja''s map).
Idk about what people think. On standard maps, russia isn''t the worst civ, on shitty maps like Hispaniola, Ozark, himalaya etc, they can win with a water boom or an all in rush.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

g06092 wrote:
kaiserklein wrote:What jerom said makes perfect sense... If russia can usually afford not to send 3 vils, then schooners is less of a waste for them than it is for dutch, who have to skip 3 vils. After all, lets say russia ages up with 17 vils (can make sense for a waterboom), it means they already gained 4 vils compared to a "normal" civ. Thats one reason why they can play without vils shipments, so they can ship schooners age 1 because they dont waste a 3 vils card. Just like germans would never send schooners instead of their 2 sws, russia can instead of wood trickle.

Ofc germans dont have schooners rofl... It was an example : even if they did have schooners, they would NEVER send them instead of 2 sw.

Well idk what else we could say to show youre wrong... If russia can be "fine" with 300 wood (i know 300w is not incredible but russ can still be rather ok with it), why wouldnt they be fine with schooners first ? If we follow your thinking, 300w first card would be bad for russ, because it is bad for dutch, just like schooners first card would be bad for russ cause they are bad for dutch... Its absurd. Russ can afford sending no vils/trickle cause they make vils faster than other civs, while dutch cant really
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

On the new FP can you have like a 2v2v2 or 2v2v2v2 to have team 1,2,3,4 ? it would be awesome ?
No Flag lusas
Skirmisher

Post by lusas »

Diarouga said "
chronique I just checked nilla statistics and the best civ is german, followed by port
If we trust statistics we need to nerf ger and port on nilla because they are too strong and buff spain because they suck

?#

Where did u get that numbers lol , in fact i just looked the last year of statistics , from january 2013 to december 2013 , pr+30
Nilla and its clearely u got it WRONG !!!!!!!!!!

brit dutch french german otto port russia spain Total
brit 50.00% 43.99% 45.73% 48.85% 35.15% 50.00% 30.77% 44.12% 44.04%
dutch 56.01% 50.00% 53.74% 49.02% 50.59% 56.39% 55.60% 40.61% 51.34%
french 54.27% 46.26% 50.00% 48.20% 45.40% 50.93% 45.64% 44.67% 48.11%
german 51.15% 50.98% 51.80% 50.00% 48.95% 45.92% 52.17% 41.23% 49.70%
otto 64.85% 49.41% 54.60% 51.05% 50.00% 50.83% 59.77% 50.60% 52.43%
port 50.00% 43.61% 49.07% 54.08% 49.17% 50.00% 60.00% 44.16% 48.79%
russia 69.23% 44.40% 54.36% 47.83% 40.23% 40.00% 50.00% 43.59% 48.16%
spain 55.88% 59.39% 55.33% 58.77% 49.40% 55.84% 56.41% 50.00% 54.47%

Has statiscs show and very much agree that everyone KNOWS that Spain is the top civ in nilla , Otto 2nd and follow by dutch.
German is Balance not overpower in nilla , Its clearely that if i made a fp for nilla i woud nerf Spain , otto and dutch
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

lusas wrote:Diarouga said "
chronique I just checked nilla statistics and the best civ is german, followed by port
If we trust statistics we need to nerf ger and port on nilla because they are too strong and buff spain because they suck

?#

Where did u get that numbers lol , in fact i just looked the last year of statistics , from january 2013 to december 2013 , pr+30
Nilla and its clearely u got it WRONG !!!!!!!!!!

brit dutch french german otto port russia spain Total
brit 50.00% 43.99% 45.73% 48.85% 35.15% 50.00% 30.77% 44.12% 44.04%
dutch 56.01% 50.00% 53.74% 49.02% 50.59% 56.39% 55.60% 40.61% 51.34%
french 54.27% 46.26% 50.00% 48.20% 45.40% 50.93% 45.64% 44.67% 48.11%
german 51.15% 50.98% 51.80% 50.00% 48.95% 45.92% 52.17% 41.23% 49.70%
otto 64.85% 49.41% 54.60% 51.05% 50.00% 50.83% 59.77% 50.60% 52.43%
port 50.00% 43.61% 49.07% 54.08% 49.17% 50.00% 60.00% 44.16% 48.79%
russia 69.23% 44.40% 54.36% 47.83% 40.23% 40.00% 50.00% 43.59% 48.16%
spain 55.88% 59.39% 55.33% 58.77% 49.40% 55.84% 56.41% 50.00% 54.47%

Has statiscs show and very much agree that everyone KNOWS that Spain is the top civ in nilla , Otto 2nd and follow by dutch.
German is Balance not overpower in nilla , Its clearely that if i made a fp for nilla i woud nerf Spain , otto and dutch
http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/rating2/stats?t=age3SP1v1
I checked 2010=>'2013, nilla hasn''t get patched since 2006 so why would you take the stats of 2013?

And btw, it shows that the stats can change in 3 years. Last stats were in 2013, so 2 years ago. That means that TAD stats are outdated and irrelevant.
Lancer

Post by medinos »

And it would be nice to merge nilla nad TAD so we all can play on TAD more people more everything :D
Nilla is just booring
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

Lusas where do you come out these stats?
Lancer

Post by medinos »

Any announcements about the FP ?
No Flag lusas
Skirmisher

Post by lusas »

Elorating ,1/2013---> 12/2013 nilla
No Flag g06092
Skirmisher

Post by g06092 »

ponipoika wrote:
g06092 wrote:Really? So Russia can afford having bad economy? The fact that they dont have 3 vills doesnt mean that they can afford it. Russias early economy is bad. Staring with 5 vills, dont build TP, no market, have stupid wood trickle for shipment. But thats not enough - they have more idle TC time at start and surely will have before age up if aiming for 14 vill age up. Also you are losing a lot of resources by getting all 3 vills after a long time instead of having 2 of them already gathering by the time the third comes out. If they can play without vills shipments as you say then why are they sending the closest possible to vills shipment - trickle? The only difference is that you are greedy and dont feel as good to send schooners instead of 3 vills as sending schooners instead of 2.5 vills(wood trickle). And btw Germans dont have schooners... which means you obviously dont have really good understanding of the game if you havent noticed that (same for French and others!).
Youe clearly missing the point. For any civ with the option of sending 3 vills, sending schooners represents a considerable investment due to the opportunity cost of (usually) not sending 3 vills. This is less of an issue for civs like ports and russia since they lack a viable alternative (though distributivism is not horrible). The result is that schooners and a water boom pay off faster for them because they need less value to make up for the more limited investment than a civ like, say, ottos or spain. That is not to say russia is a top civ on water or even that they necessarily even do well, only that they lose less of their regular potential in going for water.
And youre clearly missing the start of the conversation.
Lancer

Post by medinos »

So nothing about FP today is going to be said ?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

g06092 wrote:
ponipoika wrote:Youe clearly missing the point. For any civ with the option of sending 3 vills, sending schooners represents a considerable investment due to the opportunity cost of (usually) not sending 3 vills. This is less of an issue for civs like ports and russia since they lack a viable alternative (though distributivism is not horrible). The result is that schooners and a water boom pay off faster for them because they need less value to make up for the more limited investment than a civ like, say, ottos or spain. That is not to say russia is a top civ on water or even that they necessarily even do well, only that they lose less of their regular potential in going for water.
And youre clearly missing the start of the conversation.

he actually said the same as I did at the start of the conversation, but phrased it better.
No Flag lusas
Skirmisher

Post by lusas »

Has u can see the Gap between civs is much less in Nilla , Pr+29

In nilla U have Spain with 54 % win,, otto 52 , and the lower Brits with 44%

In tad u have Irq with 59 % win , India almost 58% and China , U have the lower Dutch 35 % and Port 37 % ----> ITS huge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

medinos wrote:So nothing about FP today is going to be said ?
they said after finals.

So, i guess, they wont be telling anything until the finals are really over. (acer vs sam)
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag lusas
Skirmisher

Post by lusas »

Be patient Medinos , will take some more minutes
Lancer

Post by medinos »

It would be convininent if they do it today for god sake !!
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

lusas wrote:Be patient Medinos , will take some more minutes
ahahahaha :lol:
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Lancer

Post by medinos »

He mean't weeks or even months :D
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Sorry~~

We have lots of announcements to make in the coming time. We'll get to it, don't worry. ^^
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.