Announcing the 2015 Treaty Cup!

United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Apologies for the inaccurate date in the original post, but weve decided to go ahead and launch the sign ups a few days early.

Tournament Rules &' Info here
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: Charlemagen

Post by charlemagen »

briowl wrote:
anonymous123 wrote:If I am not wrong unless villagers start constructing you cant see where enemy building is placed. The only thing which you can predict is walls. As for plantation and mills if it obstructs it would be purely a coincidence when you are scouting your enemy base. As for walls, Unless you are germany, you will be obstructing only with explorer in which case you can just wall him off and deny him building trade and native posts with explorers, also using him in combat which maybe a gamechanger.
yep, I agree, its a little hypothetical, but given that in treaty you need to package quite alot of stuff behind thick walls, means that the opponent, if we dont get a clear rule, could sacrifice his/her (but lets be honest, his :) ) economy to space some units around your base to force you to either put up outposts or put big stuff like plantations where you really dont want to, reducing the thinkness of your walls, in the hope of getting a quick early raid as payoff for the sacrifice.

That is currently not an issue.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I have just one question. Isnt it a disadvantage to ban first?
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by charlemagen »

Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

charlemagen wrote:SIGN UPS ARE LIVE HERE
FTFY
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

jerom wrote:I have just one question. Isnt it a disadvantage to ban first?
First what?
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by charlemagen »

No, I wouldn''t say its a disadvantage to ban first, it is giving you the choice to get the a chance at a map you like.
No Flag pizzafreak
Crossbow

Post by pizzafreak »

cometk wrote:Apologies for the inaccurate date in the original post, but weve decided to go ahead and launch the sign ups a few days early.

Tournament Rules &' Info here
How about forbidding trading posts before 40min? I cant see something like that in the Rules.
Or do the custom maps prevent this?
No Flag pizzafreak
Crossbow

Post by pizzafreak »

and the map download does not work for me btw
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

charlemagen wrote:
No, I wouldnt say its a disadvantage to ban first, it is giving you the choice to get the a chance at a map you like.
But realistically speaking, if you order the maps as Andes - Deccan - Orinoco, and your opponent orders them as Deccan - Andes - Orinoco, youd realistically ban out Orinoco and your opponent gets his favorite map. I think having the final vote is more important, because that way you can still veto a map you really dont like, but get to pick your favorite of the two if they are left.

Its just a minor detail really, but I hope I get to ban maps second.
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by charlemagen »

ori is still nr40, and will give the advantage to the player with higher apms as well as multi tasking abilities. so its not a realistic first ban imo
No Flag dicktator
Skirmisher

Post by dicktator »

pizzafreak wrote:
cometk wrote:Apologies for the inaccurate date in the original post, but weve decided to go ahead and launch the sign ups a few days early.

Tournament Rules & Info here
How about forbidding trading posts before 40min? I cant see something like that in the Rules.
Or do the custom maps prevent this?

Yea that shouldnt be a problem with custom maps. Theyre not ready yet btw, thats why the link doesnt work.
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

jerom wrote:
charlemagen wrote:No, I wouldnt say its a disadvantage to ban first, it is giving you the choice to get the a chance at a map you like.
But realistically speaking, if you order the maps as Andes - Deccan - Orinoco, and your opponent orders them as Deccan - Andes - Orinoco, youd realistically ban out Orinoco and your opponent gets his favorite map. I think having the final vote is more important, because that way you can still veto a map you really dont like, but get to pick your favorite of the two if they are left.

Youre not wrong. But the idea here is that if you go first in banning the civs, you have the opportunity to ban your opponents most played map or the map hes most familiar with. The player with veto advantage would only need to practice his strategies for two maps because he knows which one he will ban at the time of the scheduled match. His opponent would need to be prepared to play any of the three maps.
No Flag anonymous123
Dragoon

Post by anonymous123 »

cometk wrote:
jerom wrote:But realistically speaking, if you order the maps as Andes - Deccan - Orinoco, and your opponent orders them as Deccan - Andes - Orinoco, youd realistically ban out Orinoco and your opponent gets his favorite map. I think having the final vote is more important, because that way you can still veto a map you really dont like, but get to pick your favorite of the two if they are left.

Youre not wrong. But the idea here is that if you go first in banning the civs, you have the opportunity to ban your opponents most played map or the map hes most familiar with. The player with veto advantage would only need to practice his strategies for two maps because he knows which one he will ban at the time of the scheduled match. His opponent would need to be prepared to play any of the three maps.
Unless you name it something else ( by changing it completely ) Orinoco will be a heads up fight. Deccan in 1v1 is so small that practically you get no option other than fighting on plateau ( again heads up fight ) Andes probably includes multitasking ( like splits etc. ) because of cliff and every nr player has played at least 2 of the above maps some of them even 3. What practice you need? ( other than improving micro, macro, apm and understanding match ups which holds true for any other map. )
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

cometk wrote:
jerom wrote:But realistically speaking, if you order the maps as Andes - Deccan - Orinoco, and your opponent orders them as Deccan - Andes - Orinoco, youd realistically ban out Orinoco and your opponent gets his favorite map. I think having the final vote is more important, because that way you can still veto a map you really dont like, but get to pick your favorite of the two if they are left.?

but your opponent can just prepare for two maps aswell, as he always has the opportunity to ban a map himself.

Anyhow, the fact that you could discuss about it just shows that it really does matter.
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

jerom wrote:
cometk wrote:Youre not wrong. But the idea here is that if you go first in banning the civs, you have the opportunity to ban your opponents most played map or the map hes most familiar with. The player with veto advantage would only need to practice his strategies for two maps because he knows which one he will ban at the time of the scheduled match. His opponent would need to be prepared to play any of the three maps.
but your opponent can just prepare for two maps aswell, as he always has the opportunity to ban a map himself.

Anyhow, the fact that you could discuss about it just shows that it really does matter.

He cant. He doesnt know which of the three maps his opponent may ban.

Now, he can look at his own ELO history, see his most played map, and assume his opponent would like to ban it. In accordance, he can practice his other two maps. But now weve gotten to the point of metagaming, another level of depth to the tournament, so well leave that to the players ( ? ??? ?)
No Flag nickiru
Skirmisher

Post by nickiru »

some questions: sorry, I am new to this so I don't know terms.

can you define seeding? is it relating to *seating like placement of who fights who? not sure.

What is the difference between elo rank and my basic pr rank? my pr is 24 when I look at my profile on the eso where I would go to look at my home cities. It's also the one when you hover your mouse hand over my avatar picture and you see my rank and win %' is that the one that matters?

In the ''maps pool and map rules'' section here: http://eso-community.net/thread/2463/to ... nformation ::: the download for the maps and info leads to an ''oops there appears to be an error." and '' the thread you ar looking for cannot be found.'' Can you double check that link?

thnx and why are Russians banned? just curious. I always had an easy time with them cause they got a weak eco so I am probably unaware of something.

THANKS!
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

nickiru wrote:some questions: sorry, I am new to this so I dont know terms.

can you define seeding? is it relating to *seating like placement of who fights who? not sure.

Yes.

What is the difference between elo rank and my basic pr rank? my pr is 24 when I look at my profile on the eso where I would go to look at my home cities. Its also the one when you hover your mouse hand over my avatar picture and you see my rank and win %' is that the one that matters?

ELO

In the maps pool and map rules section here: http://eso-community.net/thread/2463/to ... nformation ::: the download for the maps and info leads to an oops there appears to be an error." and the thread you ar looking for cannot be found. Can you double check that link?

I know the link doesnt work. The maps are currently being made. Once they are finished, the thread will go live again.

thnx and why are Russians banned? just curious. I always had an easy time with them cause they got a weak eco so I am probably unaware of something.

Short explanation of why Russian and Japanese are banned

THANKS!

you got it bud
No Flag nickiru
Skirmisher

Post by nickiru »

whoa, that elo thing is so awesome. I love the detail.

So if i am looking at the right thing, I am pr 23.42 for treaty which means I am applicable to the tournament.

coolz: thanks that elo thing is awesome!
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Will there be commentary and streaming during the boom period? Because that sounds like possibly the most boring thing in the world lol.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

We're sorting out the way everything will go. Games will most likely be streamed without commentary until the ~35 minute point. Playing non-copyrighted music during the boom is something we're looking into as well.
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

Post by briowl »

cometk wrote:We''re sorting out the way everything will go. Games will most likely be streamed without commentary until the ~35 minute point. Playing non-copyrighted music during the boom is something we''re looking into as well.
http://incompetech.com/
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

Post by briowl »

the action section might be appropriate and is all free
http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-fr ... on=033&amp'Search=Search
specifically five armies
No Flag nickiru
Skirmisher

Post by nickiru »

No Flag nickiru
Skirmisher

Post by nickiru »

papist wrote:Will there be commentary and streaming during the boom period? Because that sounds like possibly the most boring thing in the world lol.

to some maybe.... :D