Post by Cometk »

genpatton wrote:What is TR40 and PR20+ ... :P

Treaty 40, Power Rating/Player Ranking 20+
No Flag dicktator
Skirmisher

Announcing the 2015 Treaty Cup!

Post by dicktator »

ocemilky wrote:
h2o wrote:Awesome announcement this should be a lot of fun for everyone to play in!

treaty is not balanced at all lol we all know that :P. Good luck finding a set of rules where one civ isnt clearly the best.
Agreed.

This is going to be a tournament of Spain/Ger/Brit in the semi finals/finals. If there is a civ rule in place, those civs wont be played until then. Which means that if two top tier tr players meet before the semis, we could see a good game, but otherwise its going to be reasonably standard and the games will be down to map balance and difference in artillery mechanics. That being said, the current meta with most captain+ is to just fight heads up, with the exception of three or four players in top tier, so if anybody thinks they have good multitasking and can effectively split their opponent, they may well make it to semis

What would be better is if we revamped the TR FP to properly balance instead of just chucking random ideas around and implementing them - was cool how we could play on FP and the games were rated though.
Treaty as actually fairly balanced among Ports/Brits/German (and Spain on Orinoco). Map balance shouldnt be an issue because were using balanced versions of Andes/Deccan/Orinoco (thanks to Musketeer925). The current meta is to just play heads up yes, but with a cash incentive involved I think well see a lot of running/multitasking/split pushing/doing whatever it takes to win, it should be interesting to watch :).
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

I am really excited to watch this (might even participate) .

BTW I really like the graphic. . .
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

Post by briowl »

dicktator wrote:
ocemilky wrote:Agreed.

This is going to be a tournament of Spain/Ger/Brit in the semi finals/finals. If there is a civ rule in place, those civs wont be played until then. Which means that if two top tier tr players meet before the semis, we could see a good game, but otherwise its going to be reasonably standard and the games will be down to map balance and difference in artillery mechanics. That being said, the current meta with most captain+ is to just fight heads up, with the exception of three or four players in top tier, so if anybody thinks they have good multitasking and can effectively split their opponent, they may well make it to semis

What would be better is if we revamped the TR FP to properly balance instead of just chucking random ideas around and implementing them - was cool how we could play on FP and the games were rated though.
Treaty as actually fairly balanced among Ports/Brits/German (and Spain on Orinoco). Map balance shouldnt be an issue because were using balanced versions of Andes/Deccan/Orinoco (thanks to Musketeer925). The current meta is to just play heads up yes, but with a cash incentive involved I think well see a lot of running/multitasking/split pushing/doing whatever it takes to win, it should be interesting to watch :).
so no sioux?
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: Charlemagen

Post by charlemagen »

briowl wrote:
dicktator wrote:Treaty as actually fairly balanced among Ports/Brits/German (and Spain on Orinoco). Map balance shouldnt be an issue because were using balanced versions of Andes/Deccan/Orinoco (thanks to Musketeer925). The current meta is to just play heads up yes, but with a cash incentive involved I think well see a lot of running/multitasking/split pushing/doing whatever it takes to win, it should be interesting to watch :).
so no sioux?
Use what ever you think will make you win, except the banned civs.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

I like the idea of this tourney, but the rank restrictions make my hesitate. The bulk of the treaty community is ms atm, and excluding them may not be the best of plans.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:
gibson wrote: Yea they said single elimination.
single elimination just means that theres no loser bracket.

single elimination means you loose once and your out.....
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
jerom wrote:single elimination just means that theres no loser bracket.
single elimination means you loose once and your out.....
no it doesnt. It just doesnt.

From wikipedia: "A single-elimination tournament ?? also called an Olympic system tournament, a knockout (or, knock-out), single penetration, or sudden death tournament ?? is a type of elimination tournament where the loser of each bracket is immediately eliminated from winning the championship or first prize in the event."

so the way you lose in the bracket can be in multiple ways, including a best of x.
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

Post by briowl »

(-.-)zzZZ
No Flag dicktator
Skirmisher

Post by dicktator »

jerom wrote:
gibson wrote:single elimination means you loose once and your out.....
no it doesnt. It just doesnt.

From wikipedia: "A single-elimination tournament ?? also called an Olympic system tournament, a knockout (or, knock-out), single penetration, or sudden death tournament ?? is a type of elimination tournament where the loser of each bracket is immediately eliminated from winning the championship or first prize in the event."

so the way you lose in the bracket can be in multiple ways, including a best of x.
Yeah the semi finals and finals will be a BO3, everything else is a BO1.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:
gibson wrote:single elimination means you loose once and your out.....
no it doesnt. It just doesnt.?

first off what the hell is single penetration?

I have played in multiple single and double elimination tournaments in soccer, football, and baseball. In the single elimination tournaments you loose once and your out. In the double elimination tournaments you loose twice and your out. I have literally played in probably 30-40 tournaments and its never been any different.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
jerom wrote:no it doesnt. It just doesnt.?

first off what the hell is single penetration?

I have played in multiple single and double elimination tournaments in soccer, football, and baseball. In the single elimination tournaments you loose once and your out. In the double elimination tournaments you loose twice and your out. I have literally played in probably 30-40 tournaments and its never been any different.

dont ridicule yourself. Check the tennis tournement example.

Seriously gibson, youre just wrong. Soccer, basketball and baseball dont have sets, so theyre a bad example.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:
gibson wrote:first off what the hell is single penetration?

dont ridicule yourself. Check the tennis tournement example.

Seriously gibson, youre just wrong. Soccer, basketball and baseball dont have sets, so theyre a bad example.

notice how I didnt make any claims in my previous post, only told you about how things worked in my life,so I dont see how its possible for me to be "just wrong" or "ridiculing myself". At least non of my posts talk about single penetration lmao
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
jerom wrote:dont ridicule yourself. Check the tennis tournement example.

notice how I didnt make any claims in my previous post, only told you about how things worked in my life,so I dont see how its possible for me to be "just wrong" or "ridiculing myself". At least non of my posts talk about single penetration lmao

well single elimination doesnt mind you lose one game and youre out. It means that you cant win the tournement anymore if you lose a match. Wether thats bo1 or bo5 or whatever doesnt matter.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:
gibson wrote:notice how I didnt make any claims in my previous post, only told you about how things worked in my life,so I dont see how its possible for me to be "just wrong" or "ridiculing myself". At least non of my posts talk about single penetration lmao
well single elimination doesnt mind you lose one game and youre out.

Wrong. It doesnt always mean that. However, it can mean that, and I thinks its a fairly reasonable assumption to make about a game mode that takes a minimum of about an hour and can take closer to two. Anyway its really irrelevant because we know know that everything up until the semi finals will be winner takes all and the finals and semi finals the first to win two games will be the winner.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Whatever then, use your own definition of single elimination.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Jerom is correct.

Clearly the tournament is also BO1 until the semi-finals, however...
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

zoom wrote:Jerom is correct.

Clearly the tournament is also BO1 until the semi-finals, however...

I''m so glad we have zoi here to settle all our disputes, I don''t know what we''d do without him.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Best day of my life, the most factual man I know called my factually correct.
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: Charlemagen

Post by charlemagen »

Okay this thread is purely for tournament related topics, please argue somewhere else
No Flag nickiru
Skirmisher

Post by nickiru »

REALLY? TREATY tourny?!?! WOOOO

why would french be banned? they poop out cause of poopy eco, same with russia.

just make all legal in m y opinion and no water or natives and would be all good I would think.

when does this start? I saw sign ups for 11th? I am totally interested. I need my ass handed to me in a treaty tourny cause I been winning non stop on ESO. Sounds awsome!
No Flag dicktator
Skirmisher

Post by dicktator »

nickiru wrote:REALLY? TREATY tourny?!?! WOOOO

just make all legal in m y opinion and no water or natives and would be all good I would think.

when does this start? I saw sign ups for 11th? I am totally interested. I need my ass handed to me in a treaty tourny cause I been winning non stop on ESO. Sounds awsome!
It''s been a long accepted fact that France is op in treaty... Russia was banned because even though their military is weak if they split push and run with opris they can be OP. Players will have the option of choosing between nats and no nats, obviously it will be no water. Sign ups start on the 11th yes.
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

Post by briowl »

dicktator wrote:
nickiru wrote:REALLY? TREATY tourny?!?! WOOOO

Its been a long accepted fact that France is op in treaty... Russia was banned because even though their military is weak if they split push and run with opris they can be OP. Players will have the option of choosing between nats and no nats, obviously it will be no water. Sign ups start on the 11th yes.
sorry whats the nats no nats rule pls?
No Flag dicktator
Skirmisher

Post by dicktator »

briowl wrote:
dicktator wrote:Its been a long accepted fact that France is op in treaty... Russia was banned because even though their military is weak if they split push and run with opris they can be OP. Players will have the option of choosing between nats and no nats, obviously it will be no water. Sign ups start on the 11th yes.
sorry whats the nats no nats rule pls?
Players can choose whether or not they want to play with natives. If they choose not to play with nats theyll still get the upgrade from the native post but they wont make natives during the game.
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

Post by briowl »

dicktator wrote:
briowl wrote:sorry whats the nats no nats rule pls?
Players can choose whether or not they want to play with natives. If they choose not to play with nats theyll still get the upgrade from the native post but they wont make natives during the game.
I see thanks, but both have to agree right? No one can stop the other playing with nats right? Thanks