Announcing the 2015 Treaty Cup!

No Flag dicktator
Skirmisher

Post by dicktator »

briowl wrote:
dicktator wrote:Players can choose whether or not they want to play with natives. If they choose not to play with nats theyll still get the upgrade from the native post but they wont make natives during the game.
I see thanks, but both have to agree right? No one can stop the other playing with nats right? Thanks
Yeah both players have to agree.
No Flag nickiru
Skirmisher

Post by nickiru »

so can you officalize for me which civs are legal/banned?

personally I would prefer all civs go for it style. I believe every civ to be potentially powerful (save the souix since they got no walls....)

thanks, I am really interested in this tourny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No Flag dicktator
Skirmisher

Post by dicktator »

nickiru wrote:so can you officalize for me which civs are legal/banned?

personally I would prefer all civs go for it style. I believe every civ to be potentially powerful (save the souix since they got no walls....)

thanks, I am really interested in this tourny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
France, Russia, Japan, and China will be banned. Any other civ is fine.
No Flag nickiru
Skirmisher

Post by nickiru »

interesting ban choices. Ok.

Do we pick one civ all the way through or must we change periodically like with teh SUP tournaments?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Please note that this event is not organized by ESOC staff, we merely provide the resources by giving them a board and access to the Twitch channel. Their staff has the right to moderate their own board, but ESOC policy still applies.
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

Post by briowl »

cometk wrote:
briowl wrote:is building rotator mod allowed?
Yes.

briowl wrote:orinoco is super-gay in treaty no offense
The map will be played as TR40 and feature improvements to make it more fast-paced. You wont have the space or time to build up walls as you do in TR55.

briowl wrote:can we round-up 19.53 to 20 :)
Youre safe, buddy. :)

briowl wrote:its treaty no blockade right?
Yes.

thanks for putting this together btw. How do we donate or is the cash prize based on entry fee. Also, the version of Andes well use isnt going to be allowed to spawn with the defensive rivers right? And thats the map for all the games barring semis and the final right? Cheers
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: Charlemagen

Post by charlemagen »

briowl wrote:
cometk wrote:Yes.

The map will be played as TR40 and feature improvements to make it more fast-paced. You wont have the space or time to build up walls as you do in TR55.

Youre safe, buddy. :)

Yes.

thanks for putting this together btw. How do we donate or is the cash prize based on entry fee. Also, the version of Andes well use isnt going to be allowed to spawn with the defensive rivers right? And thats the map for all the games barring semis and the final right? Cheers
There is no entry fee. Andes will no be water. Each game has 3 maps for selection, New Deccan New Orinoco and New Andes.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

So how does one decide which map to play? And if at all possible, Id advise to remove the rain effect from new deccan. That causes some serious lag if I am not mistaken.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

If you want to donate, you can donate for the Winter Championships!
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

Post by briowl »

edeholland wrote:If you want to donate, you can donate for the Winter Championships!
will i get a soft toy in the shape of h20? or a postcard from an endangered aoe3 player?
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by bart331 »

Nice iniative !

Hope it wil be large success, hopefully someone will compile some summaries so i can follow it a bit.
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by bart331 »

briowl wrote:
edeholland wrote:If you want to donate, you can donate for the Winter Championships!
will i get a soft toy in the shape of h20? or a postcard from an endangered aoe3 player?

The giant black dildos are currently sold out, we hope that a new batch will come in by november
No Flag goldenicon
Musketeer

Post by goldenicon »

incog wrote:if you want to flame treaty and call it a silly game mode, do it in the treaty vs sup thread

let''s keep this one clean
I agree, you should delete h2os comment page 1 as its derogatory towards treaty.

I''m trolling of course i know you''re a hypocrite :)
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by charlemagen »

jerom wrote:So how does one decide which map to play? And if at all possible, Id advise to remove the rain effect from new deccan. That causes some serious lag if I am not mistaken.
Just stay tuned for more on the 11th! almost all question will be answered
No Flag illmatic
Dragoon

Post by illmatic »

Is there a rule for no running like moving your whole army to fight in a different area? I understand splitting and distracting someone from the main point of the battle, and I think that should be acceptable. But it's kinda cheap when a guy you're way better than builds a small base near your walls in the the corner of the map and spams high siege units and wins that way. Takes no skill really and no sense of accomplishment, just a boring and easy way to win.
I never brag how real I keep it, cause it's the best secret
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

illmatic wrote:Is there a rule for no running like moving your whole army to fight in a different area? I understand splitting and distracting someone from the main point of the battle, and I think that should be acceptable. But it''s kinda cheap when a guy you''re way better than builds a small base near your walls in the the corner of the map and spams high siege units and wins that way. Takes no skill really and no sense of accomplishment, just a boring and easy way to win.

There are rules outlining Half Map boundaries that are effective during the treaty timer. Aside from that, play to win and be prepared for anything.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Nice, a treaty tournament! This will be the first time I'll watch a commentated treaty game. Probably much to learn.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
No Flag dicktator
Skirmisher

Post by dicktator »

illmatic wrote:Is there a rule for no running like moving your whole army to fight in a different area? I understand splitting and distracting someone from the main point of the battle, and I think that should be acceptable. But it''s kinda cheap when a guy you''re way better than builds a small base near your walls in the the corner of the map and spams high siege units and wins that way. Takes no skill really and no sense of accomplishment, just a boring and easy way to win.

Part of what makes a player good is map awareness. With decent apm and good map awareness you shouldn''t lose to those kinds of cheese strats.
No Flag nickiru
Skirmisher

Post by nickiru »

its takes skill to stop that expensive siege attack, also to prevent it. I say utilize anything within your civ to win. If your opponant does it to your base, do it to their's and see if they will trade bases with you or not' culverins, dragoons, etc are good to stop that crap. Besides if tehre weren't berracks building in front of an enemy base, it would be impossible for the battle to end with professional players. One must have the quickest way to replace lost units to keep the pressure on the enemy' lest they rebuild walls while your troops are in transit and then nothing was gained.
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

Post by briowl »

cometk wrote:
illmatic wrote:Is there a rule for no running like moving your whole army to fight in a different area? I understand splitting and distracting someone from the main point of the battle, and I think that should be acceptable. But its kinda cheap when a guy youre way better than builds a small base near your walls in the the corner of the map and spams high siege units and wins that way. Takes no skill really and no sense of accomplishment, just a boring and easy way to win.
There are rules outlining Half Map boundaries that are effective during the treaty timer. Aside from that, play to win and be prepared for anything.
and if its half map then presumably deliberate building construction obstruction during treaty results in an automatic loss right?
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by charlemagen »

briowl wrote:
cometk wrote:There are rules outlining Half Map boundaries that are effective during the treaty timer. Aside from that, play to win and be prepared for anything.
and if its half map then presumably deliberate building construction obstruction during treaty results in an automatic loss right?
hmm that will be up to the admins/casters.
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

Post by briowl »

charlemagen wrote:
briowl wrote:and if its half map then presumably deliberate building construction obstruction during treaty results in an automatic loss right?
hmm that will be up to the admins/casters.
but youre gonna be administrating/casting right, so what would you consider cheating? Most treaty players will scout, but obstructing plantations and walls and forcing the opponent to put up outposts during treaty?
No Flag anonymous123
Dragoon

Post by anonymous123 »

briowl wrote:
charlemagen wrote:hmm that will be up to the admins/casters.
but youre gonna be administrating/casting right, so what would you consider cheating? Most treaty players will scout, but obstructing plantations and walls and forcing the opponent to put up outposts during treaty?
If I am not wrong unless villagers start constructing you cant see where enemy building is placed. The only thing which you can predict is walls. As for plantation and mills if it obstructs it would be purely a coincidence when you are scouting your enemy base. As for walls, Unless you are germany, you will be obstructing only with explorer in which case you can just wall him off and deny him building trade and native posts with explorers, also using him in combat which maybe a gamechanger.
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

Post by briowl »

anonymous123 wrote:
briowl wrote:but youre gonna be administrating/casting right, so what would you consider cheating? Most treaty players will scout, but obstructing plantations and walls and forcing the opponent to put up outposts during treaty?
If I am not wrong unless villagers start constructing you cant see where enemy building is placed. The only thing which you can predict is walls. As for plantation and mills if it obstructs it would be purely a coincidence when you are scouting your enemy base. As for walls, Unless you are germany, you will be obstructing only with explorer in which case you can just wall him off and deny him building trade and native posts with explorers, also using him in combat which maybe a gamechanger.
yep, I agree, its a little hypothetical, but given that in treaty you need to package quite alot of stuff behind thick walls, means that the opponent, if we dont get a clear rule, could sacrifice his/her (but lets be honest, his :) ) economy to space some units around your base to force you to either put up outposts or put big stuff like plantations where you really dont want to, reducing the thinkness of your walls, in the hope of getting a quick early raid as payoff for the sacrifice.
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

Post by briowl »

that said are we really gonna allow wall construction obstruction?