Announcing "Strong World"

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

[div align="center"]
Hello ESOC![/div]

[hr]
Im quite happy to announce that I will be running a new event named "Strong World". This event is many things, but first and foremost it is a league for AoE3 clans!

The goal of this league is to provide players of all skill levels an event in which they can participate in, as well as spectate. There is an emphasis on clan play, rather than individual strength. You are playing for a clan rather than for yourself. Other goals are to give everyone another excuse to play AoE3, provide the community with replays, stream some of the more interesting matches and figure who the top clans really are. In this league, elimination is impossible and winning is downright difficult.

Detailed rules will be posted later, however I will briefly go over the format here. Clans are divided into 4 tiers and matches are played to acquire rank within those tiers. Upon reaching a set amount of points, clans are promoted into the next tier. Demotion is also possible, so be careful. Clans will challenge each other themselves. This is to cater towards the need of having an event which is easy to participate in and schedule for, but it is also a way to make picking matches with other clans a strategic decision. Note that being active will probably be key to winning this event.

Elimination is not possible in this league. A clan which has had a rough start will still be able to catch up quickly, as current form is more important in this league than past results. In fact, having strong results in the past does not quite consolidate a clan into a strong position, it merely makes that clan very profitable to beat. If you go over the rules, youll find Strong World is almost a race to the top.

Match rules are designed to reward game, map match-up knowledge over rote mechanics. Both team and 1v1 games are to be played in this league, the goal being to find the overall strongest clan there is out there. Furthermore, yes, this league will be played on the ESOC patch.

Its time to get together with clan mates! Recruit fresh blood, get together, figure things out. This is a team event, after all. Sign ups will be open shortly.

[hr]
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag pounendo
Skirmisher

Post by pounendo »

This is a brilliant idea! Good work guys!
No Flag pounendo
Skirmisher

Post by pounendo »

3st
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

HYPU
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

~WAC~ HYPE
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

bramboy wrote:~WAC~ HYPE
+1

What''s the format? Like a BO5 with teamgames and 1v1''s (like the davis cup) or just a 3v3 (or BO3 of 3v3''s)?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

jerom wrote:
bramboy wrote:~WAC~ HYPE
+1

Whats the format? Like a BO5 with teamgames and 1v1s (like the davis cup) or just a 3v3 (or BO3 of 3v3s)?

Each match will be a best of three. It can be either 3v3, 2v2 or 1v1. As to how thats decided, its in the rules. ^^
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

incog wrote:
jerom wrote:+1

Whats the format? Like a BO5 with teamgames and 1v1s (like the davis cup) or just a 3v3 (or BO3 of 3v3s)?
Each match will be a best of three. It can be either 3v3, 2v2 or 1v1. As to how thats decided, its in the rules. ^^
How will the challenging go? Am I able to challenge a random conscript for free points? We have a few good people in our clan but the majority sucks, so how will this work?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

bramboy wrote:
incog wrote:Each match will be a best of three. It can be either 3v3, 2v2 or 1v1. As to how thats decided, its in the rules. ^^
How will the challenging go? Am I able to challenge a random conscript for free points? We have a few good people in our clan but the majority sucks, so how will this work?

Answered in Skype but might as well answer here so everyone can see. ^^

Basically clans will choose themselves who to send out. Our clan has accepted a 2v2 match, so who in our clan is up to accept that challenge? It will be up to clans to figure out who they send out. Clans are the entities which are challenged, not the players within the clan.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

incog wrote:
bramboy wrote:How will the challenging go? Am I able to challenge a random conscript for free points? We have a few good people in our clan but the majority sucks, so how will this work?
Answered in Skype but might as well answer here so everyone can see. ^^

Basically clans will choose themselves who to send out. Our clan has accepted a 2v2 match, so who in our clan is up to accept that challenge? It will be up to clans to figure out who they send out. Clans are the entities which are challenged, not the players within the clan.
Can you also decide to do a 1v1, 2v2 and a 3v3 as BO3?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

incog wrote:[div align="center"][span style="font-size:12pt'"]Detailed rules will be posted later, however I will briefly go over the format here.[/span][/div]
Give this guy a break :P

I really like this idea, and if I have time, I will certainly participate!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

jerom wrote:
incog wrote:Answered in Skype but might as well answer here so everyone can see. ^^

Can you also decide to do a 1v1, 2v2 and a 3v3 as BO3?

To keep things simple, each match will be of the same match type.

That way players dont schedule to show up for one game only.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

You guys with your announcements that require patience make me sad.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

jerom wrote:You guys with your announcements that require patience make me sad.
:D

Wachted everything on ESOC YouTube already?
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Is this what h2o was talking about when he said "I'm working on something else for you guys"?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

ovi12 wrote:Is this what h2o was talking about when he said "I''m working on something else for you guys"?

Nope, something else.
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Post by blasdg »

sounds really great, but guys, please, DONT do too much.

We have a new patch, a new tournament AND a new league with all kinds of games - it can easily become too much and then people lose their interest cause they get the feeling that all the new stuff is overwhelming them. Please dont screw it up :P
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

blasdg wrote:sounds really great, but guys, please, DONT do too much.

We have a new patch, a new tournament AND a new league with all kinds of games - it can easily become too much and then people lose their interest cause they get the feeling that all the new stuff is overwhelming them. Please dont screw it up :P
Then you wont like this:
incog wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Is this what h2o was talking about when he said "Im working on something else for you guys"?
Nope, something else.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

blasdg wrote:sounds really great, but guys, please, DONT do too much.

lol..... I don''t think too much stuff is an issue for most people...
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Post by blasdg »

trust me, it is. It is a psychological thing. When there are 5 different things that cou CAN do, most people feel very sad when it turns out they dont have the time to do everything - this leads to them not doing anything in the end and losing their interest. This happened 1000 times in other games as well, its nothing new.

PS: I still think that this is great news! A clan league is really nice, maybe even as cool as RTSL was!
No Flag blackbob68
Skirmisher

Post by blackbob68 »

UP Clan will rule anyway :)
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

blackbob68 wrote:UP Clan will rule anyway :)
I can hear the maphacks being distributed from here :clint:
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

Napolenoic Era clan THE BEST !!!!
No Flag blackbob68
Skirmisher

Post by blackbob68 »

bramboy wrote:
blackbob68 wrote:UP Clan will rule anyway :)
I can hear the maphacks being distributed from here :clint:
U must be kidding... we like this game and play it for fun, not to win with stupid hacks. And we will play the on the FP, so I expect you to say sorry for this false accusations -.-
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

will the rankings get resetted every few weeks or so?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish