United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

2015 Treaty Cup Finals - dicktator_ vs Lukas_L99 this Sunday

Post by Cometk »

2015 Treaty Cup Finals
Hosted on ESOCTV
Sunday, November 15th @ 18:00 GMT
dicktator_ vs Lukas_L99

Here it is! and can't say it was unexpected. As the first ever Treaty Cup reaches the finals, our number 1 and 2 seeds end up facing off to take first place. Who'd of thunk it, eh? So who are the players?

First and foremost is the formidable dicktator_, a well-known name in the supremacy community. In treaty, however, this kid is top dog, and come Sunday he'll be looking to solidify his spot on the throne when he squares off against Lukas. dicktator_??s play style shows a reactive approach that seeks to punish his opponents mistakes by reversing the tempo with wild and explosive unit control. Don??t be surprised to see some massive comebacks from this guy!

In the other corner we have Lukas_L99, who has been a contender at the top of the treaty community for years. Whilst he is the underdog, he's also arguably the most refined boomer in the community. Lukas excels in controlled aggression, making steady, consolidated pushes. Also a CS:GO player, perhaps he can translate some of his Silver III skills to AoE3.

Featuring the casting talents of ZutaZuta, _Venom_, and StormComing, tune in Sunday at 18:00 GMT for the live stream! See you then!
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Post by mongobillione »

awesome .. thx so much for hosting a nr tourney u guys are great :P
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Really nice! I don't really play treaty but I am surely going to tune in!
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

The only reason I'll watch this is for Zuta's oldschool treaty stories tbh. But it's still going to be fun!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Dicktator gon' eat a dikk. That kid is going to get shafted. Lukas's got this by the phallus!

[video src="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AacoxHFYvZw"][/video]
No Flag _PI
Crossbow

Re: 2015 Treaty Cup Finals - dicktator_ vs Lukas_L99 this Sunday

Post by _PI »

Wow, this game still has a community all these years later, and people are still playing treaty. Maybe it's time I started actively playing again, especially if a treaty community can get going.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

_PI wrote:Wow, this game still has a community all these years later, and people are still playing treaty. Maybe it's time I started actively playing again, especially if a treaty community can get going.

This tournament got me to play treaty myself, and I can confirm the community is very much alive!
momuuu wrote: ā†‘theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

_PI wrote:Wow, this game still has a community all these years later, and people are still playing treaty. Maybe it's time I started actively playing again, especially if a treaty community can get going.

yes pls
No Flag _PI
Crossbow

Post by _PI »

So, having watched the finals out of pure curiosity, here's my analysis based on my crusty treaty knowledge:

Game 1:
A reasonably competent Portuguese mirror by both sides. Dicktator's advantage throughout was a better understanding of compositions. He kept a higher Cassadore/Dragoon count than Lukas throughout, and mostly used Hussar to body block with his Explorers. This let him be far more cost-effective throughout, and was reflected by the huge difference in K/D at the end. The lack of gold approach that _H20, Storm, and Zuta were discussing has a few advantages in treaty, namely that by keeping food high you can push more resources into Musketeers in low-econ situations, which are an effective "all-arounder" since even though they're worse than Skirmishers 1v1, they resist things like Hussar pushes, etc.

However, Dicktator could've easily kept his gold a little higher without severely denting his food by simply moving ~5 villagers over onto another plantation. Often the problem on Deccan is space to build this in your base (you might have to delete some structures). I thought Lukas did well, but his decision to continually try to be aggressive and brute-force his way through with Hussars when he was loosing on Artillery micro was questionable. It's better to sit back there and switch to a defensive Artillery focus of your own to try and keep it cost effective until you can be aggressive in Portuguese mirrors. Hussar spamming tends to be a reaction to losing a fight and wanting to regain control, which can work against worse players but doesn't tend to work against equal skill or better players.

Game 2:
Classic example of British vs Spain heads up. The food/wood advantage for British makes this just a straight up drain match up which is very hard for Spain. They have to win early before they can't afford the native spam anymore, which is when they lose pressure. This played out about like I expected it to, with both players playing the match-up correctly. Dicktator's crisis control was impressive at the start, and I thought for sure when I saw that start that Lukas would win. However, Lukas didn't capitalize properly by putting a single mortar in his starting army to make it so he could push even harder after getting that initial advantage. However, Dicktator stayed calm, reacted appropriately, and settled into a stable position to turn it into a drain game.

I hope to see another tournament like this in the future, even if there's no prize pool (although I'd be interested in chipping in towards a prize pool, if we wanted to go that route). I'd even come out of retirement and practicing some to participate, even if I got crushed first round :)
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I heard you play MTG
No Flag _PI
Crossbow

Post by _PI »

Goodspeed wrote:

I heard you play MTG

You heard horribly wrong. I mostly ride bikes, watch TV, and work these days. Send me a PM and I'll send a skype account or something to contact me by. I doubt I remember the password to my old one.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

The fuck. Someone lied
No Flag lordofbritian
Crossbow

Post by lordofbritian »

Will we have another treaty tournament soon or a a team treaty? I really would like to play but was not able too this tournament.
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

Should do 3 tournaments a year. Make them regular events. 2 supremacy and 1 treaty tournament.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

There will be Treaty Tournament soon. Gotta wait until the rush tournament finishes.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

_NiceKING_ wrote:There will be Treaty Tournament soon. Gotta wait until the rush tournament finishes.

Excellent.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums