RO128 preview and stream schedule

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: RO128 preview and stream schedule

Post by deleted_user0 »

i dont see that as a personal attack, its something i deduced from his comment and i proceed to give arguments for why i think that, thats not an ad hominem at all... and if we are going to be picky about it, he said i was delusional. so lets not be too sensitive here...

(it wouldve been an ad hominem if i said,

Lesmalles says X
but Lesmalles doesn't understand the game
so X is wrong
(this is also known as a Garja argument :mrgreen:)

but instead I'm saying

Lesmalles says X
but X is wrong because Z
so Lesmalles doesn't understand the game)
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

I'm not one to take particular offense to something somebody says on the internet, but making any argument personal pulls focus away from the point. So there's no reason to focus on anything but the argument and point at hand. Saying that I clearly don't understand the game doesn't advance any argument from a logically defensible perspective, and only lends itself to the "garja argument" (lol) that you outlined above. Also, I said "If you think the difference in UI capability does not matter, you're delusional" as a clear rhetorical device in the second person.

The reason I brought it up isn't because it bothers me to be mentioned in a negative manner, or even outright insulted. I brought it up because it's a bit of a trend on this forum to steer discussions away from the point at hand and towards bickering about things like skill level and personal beefs (see: thebritish, Diarouga and any other good player who disagrees with him, Garja and the world, etc.). I think H20, for all the crap he's given, has been a paragon of good behavior and constructive feedback on this forum, and others would do well to emulate his very intentional positive disposition. It keeps things on point.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

saying you dont understand the game doesn't steer away from my arguments, its bascially the conclusion of my arguments. i can leave it unsaid and imply it instead, but thats not my style. also, i dont really see how putting if in front of it really makes it any better if thats what i actually believe then you are still saying i am delusional, but whatever. i also don't think my language was offensive or bad in any way, maybe its blunt, but again, i prefer that.

well just have to disagree on this one.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:Lesmalles says X
but Lesmalles doesn't understand the game
so X is wrong
(this is also known as a Garja argument :mrgreen:)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

medinos wrote:I wish microsoft would give a new update on aoe 3 just because of the map hack nothing less than that.... :/
Its sad...Yesterday on kynesie stream we saw the app of the map hack... Man I was dissapointed...

Yep, I've been thinking this and saying it for a while now that the real skill gap between these amazing players and capt is probably not that big
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Jerom wrote:
umeu wrote:im not sure where i attacked you personally or used any bad language :/

"you clearly don't understand the nature of aoe"

Was such an unnecessary comment lol.

Yes he makes those annoying comments to me all the time!

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

evilcheadar wrote:
medinos wrote:I wish microsoft would give a new update on aoe 3 just because of the map hack nothing less than that.... :/
Its sad...Yesterday on kynesie stream we saw the app of the map hack... Man I was dissapointed...

Yep, I've been thinking this and saying it for a while now that the real skill gap between these amazing players and capt is probably not that big

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDii69YCh_Q[/video]
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

umeu wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDii69YCh_Q[/video]

Not based on absolutely nothing, Um kynesie has map hack? That one guy who got banned and I got in trouble for suggesting he could have been cheating?

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

thats not even 2 full cases, because i think you mean bobabu, and hes not close to being considered a top player. and again, maphack probably adds about +5 pr or so. so you still have to explain the other 10 pr between pr25 and pr40
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Hey guys why don't we keep the maphack accusations out of the RO128 preview thread? lol
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

LEAVE GARJA ALONE!!
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

I like treaty cause map hack causes less issues.

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

iNcog wrote:Hey guys why don't we keep the maphack accusations out of the RO128 preview thread? lol

It's kind of a serious issue. What is at issue here is the credibility of some high level players. Now we don't know if they play fair or use some special "tools" to aid their decisions during the game. What was really striking for me is that many people knew how the maphack program icon looked like, I didn't even know how it looked like. It seems to be common knowledge. Whom can you trust now?

It's disappointing to know some high level players would use maphack. Kinda ruined any hype about this tourney for me.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Dolan wrote:
iNcog wrote:Hey guys why don't we keep the maphack accusations out of the RO128 preview thread? lol

It's kind of a serious issue. What is at issue here is the credibility of some high level players. Now we don't know if they play fair or use some special "tools" to aid their decisions during the game. What was really striking for me is that many people knew how the maphack program icon looked like, I didn't even know how it looked like. It seems to be common knowledge. Whom can you trust now?

It's disappointing to know some high level players would use maphack. Kinda ruined any hype about this tourney for me.

I thought it was a single one...

How is your hype ruined if they can't use in the tournament?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Dolan wrote:

So that means I have to step up my game next newspost? :p
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

This news post was great. Just going to delete further comments on the cheating issue. News posts are the last place to derail.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

This is like the Russian athletes doping scandal, except that instead of tackling the issue, we're throwing it under the carpet, pretend there's nothing to see here. Anyway, I won't waste my breath anymore on this, it's not like it's my tourney or anything significant.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I am not throwing it under the carpet. Feel free to make a thread in AoE General discussing the controversy of top players potentially cheating.

The cheat that was seen on stream I know we can block by this Sunday.

Ultimately this is an online event. Unless I install team viewer on the players computers and require a tournament staff to be in shared control. Then check processes before game starts and watch the game from their POV I cannot promise that no cheating is taking place. That is just the problem with online tournaments in an old game like this.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

_H2O wrote:I am not throwing it under the carpet. Feel free to make a thread in AoE General discussing the controversy of top players potentially cheating.

The cheat that was seen on stream I know we can block by this Sunday.

Ultimately this is an online event. Unless I install team viewer on the players computers and require a tournament staff to be in shared control. Then check processes before game starts and watch the game from their POV I cannot promise that no cheating is taking place. That is just the problem with online tournaments in an old game like this.

I think asking people to record their games would be nice.
We can see if they cheat or not from aoe3 recs but watching a someone playing is more enjoyable.
Anyway, out of 30 top players, I think 0 currently use the maphack.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Seems people forget that recs are required to be posted.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Starting today: 14 GMT! Make sure to tune in :)
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

risi and i are online and waiting
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.