RO128 preview and stream schedule

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

RO128 preview and stream schedule

Post by momuuu »

As you may or may not have noticed, the RO128 has finally begun! After the opening group stages (of which the review can be found here), it's time for the bracket stages. This round we will see some classic maps in the pool: Yukon, better known as the treasure heaven, the boom friendly Siberia and last but not least the homeland of the yaks, better known as Manchuria. With the top players get seeded in the RO64, there are many close match ups the RO128.

You can place your bets on these games in Goodspeed's betting event. $100 is up for grabs. Test your knowledge and see if you can dethrone Zoi, the summer tournament betting winner. Sign ups anytime here and discuss the betting here.

RO128 Stream Preview

Saturday, January 9th:
LordCharlie131 vs yemshi, 14:00 - 16:00
We kick off the weekend with LordCharlie131 vs yemshi. Yemshi (I think I’m allowed to write it with a capital y here because its the start of a sentence) went 6-1 in the groupstages, only dropping one game to 91, finishing comfortably in the first place in his group. LordCharlie131 isn’t a very well known player, but he has climbed up from 1900 ELO to almost 2100 ELO in just the month of december. With Yemshi being the clear favorite, the question is can LordCharlie pull off off the upset. The media team is predicting a clean 2-0 for yemshi.

LoOk_Tom vs Tibia, 16:00 - 18:00
Our must see match of the RO128. Tibia has been gaining some fame in the community with his frequent streams, while LoOk_tOm is famous for losing to Jeffrey’s track pad. Tibia is mostly a team game player, while LoOK_tOm is more of a 1v1 player. However, I think Veni has showed us before that team players should never be underestimated. By what We have declared the Veni-law, we predict Tibia to win this one 2-0.

lionsden vs Django_Unchained, 18:00 - 20:00
Lionsden, better known as Gibson, is facing off against Django_unchained, aka ‘smurfing-untill-proven-innocent’. Gibson is mostly a team player, just like Tibia is, however in his case the Veni-law might not hold true. Those that have played him a bit know that a comparison to Goodspeed might be more appropriate. Gibson’s gameplan does not seem to involve sensible timings, but rather seems to be completely focussed on hitting industrial regardless of the situation. On the other hand we have Django_unchained, who appears to be the average captain player. Prior to this tournament I’d have deemed this a fairly close match up, but in the group stage Django seemed to play so much better than a captain that some people claimed it wasn’t him playing. We defer to Gibson for our prediction on this match: "I will loose".

(W)interview with _H2O, 20:00 - 21:00
Winterview number 9 with the supreme leader in a very interesting series of interviews done by Umeu. If you haven't checked them out you can find them here.

Sunday, January 10th:

Incognoto vs Risi123, 14:00 - 16:00
One of our favorite frenchies and staff, Incognoto, vs Risi123 to kick off the Sunday stream. Incognoto is well known on these forums for being with ESOC since the very beginning and having been admin ever since. Risi is relatively unknown as a player, although several of us have faced him in quick search. Although both players have not managed to gain any significant tournament results in the two previous ASC's, we expect this to be exciting match. This match is tough to call, but Risi seems to be a favorite here, so we predict a 2-0 for him.

Djigit vs DJ_Timothy, 16:00 - 18:00
This might just be the closest match up we will see. As of writing this post, the betting shows a 2.01 payout for betting on Djigit winning and a 1.99 payout for betting on DJ_Timothy. Djigit, to some better known as Mimsy, has a somewhat deceptive 1700 ELO rating. For those just betting off of ELO ratings, I’d advice not to underestimate him though, since he basically only plays unrated games. From my fair share of practice games against him I’d deem him to be a strong opponent. His performance in those games confirms he is no push over. On the other hand, judging from DJ_Timothy's mutation performance this match is a clear 2-0 for Djigit, seen so far he clearly sucks at mutation (link). We predict Djigit will win this series in a nail biting 2-1 result.

Jerom vs lzscky, 18:00 - 20:00
Another contestor for the closest match up this weekend. Jerom, better known as Jerom’s sister’s brother, is quite a scary player. Rumours are he can almost play more than one civ. Maybe if he wasn’t spending half of his life posting like he is a cheader/thebritish hybrid, he could learn to play more than one shitty civ. Lzscky is a relatively unknown player in this community, advancing in tournament with some solid french play and steadily holding the major rank and about a 2200 ELO rating, he should be able to pose a threat to the onetrickpony Jerom. We predict that Lzscky will win this match 2-1.

Mr_Bramboy vs Lukas_L99, 20:00 - 22:00
A true battle of the wicked, one that voluntarily listened to christmas music months before it was actually christmas versus one of those guys that actually manages to endure treaty. If these abilities to suffer pure torture give an indication of their abilities to play this game, then we are surely in for a treat. Lukas, the runner up in the treaty tournament this year, is not to be underestimated as simply another treaty player. A quick glance at his ELO shows that he went 18-2 in his last 20 games, steadily gaining ELO to an ELO rating of over 2200. On the other hand, Bram's has been doing quite well recently, even winning 2 games against diarouga. I see a young H2O in him, especially matching or potentially even surpassing Mankle’s abilities to alt f4 out of games. We think it is going to be a close series, probably going the full length with Bram coming out on top.

All games will be streamed via the ESOCTV Official Twitch Channel. All Times are GMT+0

I hope to see all of you tune in for this set of exciting matches to truly kick off the tournament. Don't worry if you miss it though, the VODs will be uploaded to the youtube shortly afterwards.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Re: RO128 preview and stream schedule

Post by MCJim »

Good writeup! I'm looking forward to this weekend. The tourney season has begun!
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Yes the media team is killing it right now with getting us some quality games to watch this weekend.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우슀

Post by n0el »

Hype!!
mad cuz bad
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

Has it been determined who will be casting this weekend?
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

Good question. We have zuta in the works for Saturday. Not sure of the exact schedule yet, but we have adjusted quality of the streamers so it will be in 1080p for sure. :)
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

Great, looking forward to it! Nice write up Jerom.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

The media whores are fucking real! Amazing work guys!
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Yay, i am mentioned in news post for the first time.
Anyways, nice post. 10/10 ;)
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

checkin name color
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

dang it
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

If you would like to join ESOC staff Im sure we can find some fluff title and a color for you :P
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

Zutazuta, first of his name, lord of the seven game series, king of the smackdowns, keeper of the box, slayer of capybaras (upon which time they run in any direction), and prophet of build orders.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Not counting minor spelling mistakes (capitalization and british english) anymore I can just say:
I don't have a weekend anymore!
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

while LoOk_tOm is famous for losing to Jeffrey’s track pad.
dat achievement
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

nice write
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

Man this is just getting more EPIC <3 ESO-C <3
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

who wrote this
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

Jerom!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

iNcog wrote:who wrote this

French ignorance on full display!
Netherlands blackwidow
Dragoon
ESO: MASTERdutch

Post by blackwidow »

probably zooĂŻ
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote at least the first half
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

blackwidow wrote:

probably zooĂŻ
Hush, you!
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

If you're looking for someone to flame incog, I wrote your match's review.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

This is so pointless, since you can't check who is using maphack in this tourney.
I'm starting to doubt all those high level players who have build a name for themselves are legit.
It seems everyone and their cousin know about the maphack program in the aoe3 community and many are actually using it. So, next time I'll see a "smart move" on the map in a game, I won't know if it's skills, luck or just plain maphacking.