RO32 Preview

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

RO32 Preview

Post by momuuu »

The RO64 has concluded so it’s time to get hyped for the RO32. In the RO64 we mostly saw the favored seeded players advance, but there were some pretty big upsets aswell. Stanley_Winston managed to barely edge out Kingofosmane 2-1, while wookl surprised many by beating Dicktator 2-1. The betting event possibly featured two of the larger upsets with Jerom beating Cohenski 2-0 ruining the bets of quite a few players and Lukas_L99 pulling the greatest upset of this round by beating SomppuKunkku 2-1, which had insane odds of 1:58. This round we might not see any upsets however, since almost all matches are so close that no outcome could be called an upset. In the RO32 we will be seeing BO5’s instead of BO3’s like in the previous rounds. Having a strong civ pool has already proven to be quite advantageous with the current civ picking rules, but now that it’s a best of five it’ll be even more important since players will have to play at least 3 civilisations. The mappool will feature Arizona, Hudson Bay, Pampas Sierras, Baja California and Manchuria. Mostly rather standard maps, with only one map without a trade route (Pampas Sierras) and two map with livestock (Pampas Sierras and Manchuria). Altogether, we should be set for another amazing round with many games to look forward to. Make sure you don't forget to get hyped!

Saturday, January 23rd:

Garja vs dyddyd91, 17:00 - 19:00 (Betting Match)
Ladies and gentleman, pull out your Garja guides (preferably signed ones) because we have the legendary Garja playing. The winner of basically every poll that has ever been made and our Aztec master, a true forum legend, is facing our Japan expert dyddyd91. Dyddyd91 has proven to be a very capable Japan player, and if there were no civ restrictions at all I’d rate him as a candidate to go very far. In the RO32 he will only be able to play Japan twice though, so he will have to come up with some other civs if he wants to beat Garja. Another problem for dyddyd is that one of Garja’s favorite civs, Aztec, counters his Japan quite badly. Theoretically, if dyddyd were to win both Japan games, he’d only have to win one out of the three games he plays off civ, which should be possible but extremely hard. It’s gonna be hard to even win the Japan games, especially since Garja will be able to easily counter dyddyd with aztec. Its hard to judge how good dyddyd is with other civs, but we dont expect him to be able to beat Garja offciv. Thats why we predict Garja to win 3-2.

IAmSoldier vs mongo10, 19:00 - 21:00 (Betting Match)
IamSoldier vs mongo is yet another exciting match up. Iamsoldier is another one of those old school players, who has a very interesting and unorthodox style. Word was that he had lost his match vs risi123 somehow, but that turned out to be only a rumour. That means Soldier will have to face off against mongo, the guy that managed to beat musketjr so many times in a row that he ragequit and forfeited the tournament. Mongo is certainly no whimp, going out last tournament vs the eventual champion samwise with a nailbiting 3-2. Mongo has a clear favorite civ in China, and this mappool will feature two livestock maps which are great for China. That being said, we still expect Soldier’s unique style to beat mongo. He can lose the china games as long as he manages to win all the other games, and allthough Mongo is quite good with all the civs, we expect Soldier to win 3-2 nonetheless.

21:00 - 23:00 (Smackdown!)

Sunday, January 24th:

Django_Unchained vs Lukas_L99, 17:00 - 19:00
This is definitely the most unexpected match up this tournament. Django, the guy who resorting to smurfing in the group stage (or at least is guilty of it before proven innocent) managed to advance last round because Fard forfeit. Could it be possible that he purposely distracted Fard with League of legend so that he himself could easily advance. If I were Lukas, I’d be very careful of any shenanigans. Lukas managed to surprise many of us by beating Somppukunkku 2-1, and could very well beat Django here aswell. Whoever winst his one is surely going to be the most surprising player to be in the round of 16. If we’d have to call anything, it’d be that Lukas would win it 3-2.

_H2O vs PrinceOfKabul, 19:00 - 21:00 (Betting Match)
The dictator, supreme commander, our glorious ex-leader H2O, aka Mankle, will face of against PrinceofKabul, the shady swede. H2O is certainly one of the favorites to take the title from Samwise, and one of the best players that ever touched this game. PrinceofKabul is somewhat unlucky having to face one of the top favorites, after he got knocked out by samwise in the summer tournament. We could conclude that being a shady swede isn’t good for your karma at all. If that isn’t bad enough, H2O has proven to be good against shady swedes, easily beating our shady swede zoi 2-0. It is not impossible that princeofkabul will beat H2O, but it is simply not likely at all. We predict that H2O will win this one relatively easily with 3-0.

Mitoe vs TPHB, 21:00 - 23:00

All games will be streamed via the ESOCTV Official Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/esoctv (All Times are GMT+0)

Currently unscheduled:
Samwise12 vs wookl
Samwise, the reigning champion, one of the favorites to win it all, will face off vs wookl. Wookl isn’t a very well known player, and I don’t think many of us expected him to beat dicktator, but he managed to overcome the odds and win that one. He has to do that once more if he wants to advance though, as samwise will definitely be going into this one as the clear favorite. Holding an impressive record in tournaments, samwise, togethered with H2O, is considered to be in a different league than all other players. If wookl managed to beat him that’d be quite the surprise for sure. That’s why we predict our reigning champion to win this one 3-0.

LordRaphael vs El_Pistolero_ (Betting Match)
LordRaphael vs El_Pistolero, two very good players that could both go very far, facing off. LordRaphael has been tipped by many as a very serious candidate to take it all, playing very well recently. Rumour has it he has even been practicing some of his weaker civs on a smurf account, which could prove very useful in this tournament format. El_Pistolero_ is an amazing player aswell, currently holding the 7th spot in 1v1 ELO ratings. He has been little bit inactive as of late, and actually almost lost his first game against Minimart in the RO64. He might not have fully unrusted for this match yet. Therefor we predict LordRaphael will win this one somewhat easily with 3-1.

Kiljardi vs Boneng (Betting Match)
Kiljardi vs Boneng is an interesting match up. Kiljardi is an old school player, even appearing in one of Mr milo’s guides. He used to be in the top10 of players when he was still playing actively, but isn’t as active anymore nowadays. You can still see that he is an old school player, having a strong preference for strats such as German bow pike. Boneng is the most confusing player I have ever seen play. He plays so slowly, macroes terribly and doesnt have great micro either. You’d say he compensates doing very solid strategies, but his strategies never make any sense to me either. Somehow though, he manages to win very often. I dont understand how he does it, but he does it. This match ups promises two very unique styles. It’s almost impossible to call, but we predict a 3-2 for Kiljardi.

ramex12 vs WickedCossack
Ramex, the veni brother, vs WickedCossack. Ramex showed off some interesting play last round, playing a 1v1 that went all the way to imperial after both players had been passive for the first portion of the game. Something not seen very often in high level games. WickedCossack is another player who has a clear favorite civilization in India. The question is, just like with dyddyd and mongo, how good his other civs are. In this format you need to have a large civ pool so that you can counterpick your opponent’s civs properly, and can give your opponent a tough time counterpicking yours. Ramex certainly has a large civ pool, but it might just be the case that his large civ pool still won’t be enough to beat WickedCossack. We predict that to be the case, and write down a 3-1 for WickedCossack.

diarouga vs Stanley_Winston
Diarouga, he is the french henchman which we don’t deserve but need, he is our true indiarouga. And our true indiarouga is going to face off against Stanley_Winston. Stanley_Winston managed to surprise many by beating kingofosmane. He cleverly took advantage of the civ picking rules and matches to play Aztec against Japan in the final game. He showed us clearly why that match up is Aztec favored and walked away with the 2-1 victory. He could upset again, word is that diarouga gets very nervous in a tournament setting. That is, according to some, the reason diarouga lost to acergame in the summer tournament. We expect Diarouga to keep his nerves under control however, and win this one 3-1.

There's quite a few matches unscheduled as of now because our schedulingtopicsmanager Mitoe didnt post the topics until wednesday. Don't fear though, we shall make sure the stream schedule will get filled with all these amazing matches, so keep an eye on this thread if you don't want to miss anything, and to be extra sure follow ESOCTV on twitch. As always, we are looking forward to seeing all of you guys tune in to the streams on saturday and sunday. Make sure not to forgot your hype and your (signed) Garja guides! Don't worry if you miss anything, the streams will be highlighted on twitch and uploaded to our youtube channel.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Re: RO32 Preview

Post by SoldieR »

Hahahha awesome
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Post by medinos »

The real thing is the Jerom match this all is crap :D
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

some very interesting games, curious to see how it goes! I guess it's time to start betting :D
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

wookl has a lot of accounts and some of them are pr 34+ elo 2500+
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Great news!
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

#blamemitoe
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

I want my signed Aztec guides. Where do I get them?
No Flag PoniPoika
Skirmisher

Post by PoniPoika »

#umeuthewacslayer
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

prince will tear shit up, you watch
No Flag aaaron3000
Crossbow

Post by aaaron3000 »

Is there an actual March Madness style bracket for this somewhere? It would be fun to follow the tournament that way, and we could also have a pool for filling out brackets in addition to "betting" on individual match ups.
India Nymphomaniac
Dragoon

Post by Nymphomaniac »

aaaron3000 wrote:Is there an actual March Madness style bracket for this somewhere? It would be fun to follow the tournament that way, and we could also have a pool for filling out brackets in addition to "betting" on individual match ups.

bracket-w2015.php
No Flag aaaron3000
Crossbow

Post by aaaron3000 »

Nymphomaniac wrote:
aaaron3000 wrote:Is there an actual March Madness style bracket for this somewhere? It would be fun to follow the tournament that way, and we could also have a pool for filling out brackets in addition to "betting" on individual match ups.

bracket-w2015.php

Great thanks.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

for us americans or people who follow march madness it would be a big hit to have brackets instead of individual betting for sure.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

GL and HF, all french players !! :) Bon courage bonne chance et bonne réussite ! ;)
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
No Flag django
Skirmisher

Post by django »

Ah its so funny that everyone thinks im smurfing just because someone rekt in peaces could not beat me. I will advance and will write my own game destciption. Me vs Flame me a river community
If u gonna lose, to noob django, who u gonna blame ? NOOB KingofOsmane
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

You can lie vs everyone else, but you can't lie to yourself :)
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

only coz he wins bramboy he is smurf ?
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor