Quarter finals Preview

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Quarter finals Preview

Post by momuuu »

The winter is coming to an end, and with that the winter tournament is approaching its conclusion. We have seen it all, drama, upsets, stomps, comebacks, tears. The snow has turned red with the blood of the slaughtered. The players that lost have been forgotten, have turned into mere victims of brutality, annihilated by our eight remaining players. Eight heroes, eight ruthless executioners, fighting for a spot in the semi finals. The snow is melting, the first birds have returned, the sun is setting later and later. For which player will it set last?
Spring is coming, and when it arrives one will emerge victorious, will be crowned the Winter Champion!

The quarter finals will be best of 7 instead of best of five, and will feature seven interesting maps. The series start off with two rather standard maps, Kamchatka and High Plains, followed by Arkansas, probably the most standard map there is. After that things get spicy, with Deccan, the map that makes people love or hate 3v3, making it’s first appearance this tournament. What civs will the players play, what strats will the players use with the insane crate starts on Deccan. If that isn’t enough, game 5 will be played on Indonesia. Some maps feature water, Indonesia doesn’t. Indonesia features land. Rumour is that the land that is there on Indonesia was placed there by accident. This map will show off entirely different play, the conventional strategies can just be thrown out of the window. In game 6 and 7, the series will go back to the more conventional maps, with the TPless Bengal and Baja California. It’s going to be a treat to see how the players will deal with this map pool, in particular Deccan and Indonesia.

Sunday, February 14th:

LordRaphael vs Boneng, 12:00 - 15:00
LordRaphael, the rising star facing off against Boneng, the player that isn’t good but somehow wins. LordRaphael had to face the summer champion last round, in what seemed like a somewhat unfortunate bracket for him. He showed us that unfortunate brackets do not exist for him, that there are merely challenging brackets, by wiping the floor with Samwise12. Boneng showed us what kind of player he is last round when he faced off against Garja. He somehow managed to beat the God himself using a China rush. Raphael is an extremely solid player, one of the best standard players that plays this game, but with Boneng you never know what is going to happen. What weird strategies will Boneng have prepared, and how will Raphael deal with them? In the end, I believe in Rapha’s raw skill to prevail, but it surely is not going to be easy. Thats why the prediction is a 4-2 for LordRaphael.

Marechal_Rondon vs diarouga, 16:00 - 19:00
Marechal managed to surprise many by destroying the fan favorite aizamk 3-0, and could be called the upset in these quarter finals. He’s a relatively unknown player, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t a worthy player of the quarter finals. Diarouga has had a very easy bracket so far. He has so far only played against players that managed to pull off an upset; Stanley_winston, who managed to suprisingly beat kingofosmane, and lukas who defied all odds and beat somppu. The past certainly doesn’t bode well for Marechal, as diarouga easily managed to beat these players and reached the quarterfinals undefeated. Diarouga is an amazing player, and would probably have reached the quarter finals regardless of his bracket. That’s why we predict diarouga to win it 4-1.

_H2O vs Mitoe, 19:00 - 22:00
This might just be the match of the quarter finals. Ryan, our one and only dictator, the supreme commander and majestic leader of esoc, the waterboy, Mankie, will take on the birthdayboy Mitoe, who is said to have turned 263 yesterday and 264 today. H2O is the top favorite to win it all and is capable of basically beating everyone. Mitoe however, is definitely not a walkover, not even for H2O. His results this tournament don’t lie, going 8-0 so far. Mitoe is also a tricky player that has the ability to come up with new build orders, which can prove particulary useful in this tournament setting. Maybe it’s time for Mitoe to actually get a birthdaypresent by beating H2O. We predict Mitoe to surprise everone and win 4-3.

Currently unscheduled:
Kynesie vs mongo10
Kynesie has always held many titles; King of the walls, the true waterboy, mister Lag, the Admiral. Last round he has earned another title: Master of the coinflips. Unfortunately his series against umeu ended up being decided by a coin flip that kynesie won. Mongo10 managed to reach the quarter finals by narrowly beating Goodspeed 3-2 with some solid play. In any tournament match with kynesie the main question is, how many water maps are there? The good news for kynesie is that there’s Indonesia, which could just be named kynesie’s heaven. Then there is Baja California which is a decent water map. Other than waterbooming, kynesie is quite good with Japan. The problem is that he will only be able to play Japan twice. If we add those things together, we see that kynesie can win 2 water maps and 2 japan games. Mongo simply has to win one of those games to take the series, but doing so against kynesie surely isn’t easy. We believe he will be able to do that though, thus we predict a 4-3 for mongo10.

This round will feature something extra, which should be exciting for many viewers: We are going to test youtube streaming. The matches will be streamed on Youtube Gaming as well as Twitch to test out if that platform is more popular. All times posted above are GMT+0.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Re: Quarter finals Preview

Post by thebritish »

Not bad 9.9/10
"Writing what "some people" think what will the scores be is useless and mostly annoying to read in a tournament post.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

thebritish wrote:Not bad 9.9/10
"Writing what "some people" think what will the scores be is useless and mostly annoying to read in a tournament post.

you think so? I find it quite fun to see what people predict (I've stolen this concept from teamliquid haha). If there are more people that think that way then I'll cut it though.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Nice art ^^
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

HYPE!
Brazil Buckethead
Retired Contributor

Post by Buckethead »

Jerom wrote:
thebritish wrote:Not bad 9.9/10

you think so? I find it quite fun to see what people predict (I've stolen this concept from teamliquid haha). If there are more people that think that way then I'll cut it though.

I also did not like, but you could use the goodspeed bets to predict, I think it would be better.

Ah, really, it was a quite funny, Rondon lose 4-1 to diarouga, ROFL
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Boneng: The player that isnt good, but somehow wins had to laugh there because its a perfect description of him as a player. Also theres nothing wrong with giving predictions on the outcome of the matches.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

lordraphael wrote:Boneng: The player that isnt good, but somehow wins had to laugh there because its a perfect description of him as a player. Also theres nothing wrong with giving predictions on the outcome of the matches.

Because he predicted 4-2 for you :P :mrgreen:
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

I personally like the predictions but think it would be cool to update them based upon the goodspeed betting sheets. Not real time or anything but like once every couple days or so. . .
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

1000 mitoe 4-0

Gg mankl-tator. Gg no re may you rip.

1000 rondon 4-0. Gg mongo pls leave.

The rise of the Mac scrubs has come. The Mac scrubs will take vengeance upon ESO and bring balance to the ELO. May you all rip.
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Post by mnogud »

for the first time ever i agree with thebritish...its really shitty to read ur opinions.. the rest of the write up is brilliant....the purpose of this post is to create hype, show schedule and give insights into how good the players are and stuff.... giving predictions is a real letdown.. also the negativity surrounding boneng is really disgusting as you are not contributing to the hype, and also its taking advantage of the fact that boneng might not even read it since he is very passive on the forums....And when u give scores that are one sided it just makes u wanna not watch, and
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

haha nice one jerom i like the mitoe win thought
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

deleted_user wrote:1000 mitoe 4-0

The rise of the Mac scrubs has come. The Mac scrubs will take vengeance upon ESO and bring balance to the ELO. May you all rip.

The only way Mitoe is going to win is with a coin flip.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

mnogud wrote:for the first time ever i agree with thebritish...its really shitty to read ur opinions.. the rest of the write up is brilliant....the purpose of this post is to create hype, show schedule and give insights into how good the players are and stuff.... giving predictions is a real letdown.. also the negativity surrounding boneng is really disgusting as you are not contributing to the hype, and also its taking advantage of the fact that boneng might not even read it since he is very passive on the forums....And when u give scores that are one sided it just makes u wanna not watch, and

I disagree that them giving opinions is a bad thing(not that the predictions are remotely accurate, idk how they agreed those results were likely xD) but I agree that saying one of the players is bad in a news post regardless of any truth surrounding it, espcially since it's on the home page so there is a good chance boneng will see it is just not right.
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

Post by Hagi »

Let me translate this for you :

Quote : Boneng, the player that isnt good, but somehow wins...
Translation : Boneng who is playing his own meta, makes us clueless of how good he is because we are limited with standardized BO.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Hagi wrote:Let me translate this for you :

Translation : Boneng who is playing his own meta, makes us clueless of how good he is because we are limited with standardized BO.

yeah exactly, that wasn't meant as an insult but as a compliment :p
Howdah

I am aware that they didn't put it to flame boneng, but i'm sure you will agree that it could be taken the wrong way by boneng and therefore shouldn't really be put on a news post by admins that goes on the main page of esoc. Note: personally I think it's funny, that's not the point though :)
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

Post by Hagi »

Let's hope he doesn't take it badly
Howdah

Hagi wrote:Let's hope he doesn't take it badly

indeed
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

deleted_user wrote:1000 mitoe 4-0

AOE Winter: The Rise of Mac.
lol

yeah, I'm happy about boneng beeing on the quarters, just to see what new anti meta stuff he will trow...
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I interpret that Boneng reference as ridiculing the idea that he isn't good.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

+1 Hagi
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

very, very ignorant writeup overall.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

why? tbh the only unlikely prediction is mitoe vs h2o. it will most likely be a 4-0 or 4-1 sweep for ryan.

4-2 for rappa vs boneng isnt unlikely, though i think it will be 4-1. but 4-3 or 4-0 could also happen.

i dont have much to say about the others, i think those are pretty good predictions.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Pro tip umeu, jerom: if you aren't sure of the quality of the post, check the username it comes with.

These predictions are perfectly fine and were a good read at that.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.