Semifinals Preview

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Semifinals Preview

Post by momuuu »

The end of the tournament is close now. Many players have been left to die. Names like Aizamk, Samwise12, Umeu, Garja, Boneng, Acergame have been buried deep under layers of snow. We are down to five of the very best players, five players that will fight for the prestigious title of Winter Champion. The moment that the seemingly eternal cold will end is coming closer and closer, and with that the conclusion of this tournament is nearing. But for us to reach that conclusion, four more heads will have to roll. Will the favorite H2O take the title, or will one of the underdogs manage to take the victory? This weekend we shall see this tale of heroes unfold. Who shall emerge victorious this time, who shall be left to be forgotten? Who shall be the last man standing? When the blizzard subsides, and the air clears, when the battlefield calms down and the peace returns, only one man shall walk away, shall be crowned the Winter Champion!

The semi finals will once again be a best of 7. It features a diverse map pool. The series will start off with Pampas Sierras, a map without TPs and with livestock, to then continue on Manchuria, the homeland of the yaks. Game three shall be played on Siberia, aka no rush 10. Baja California and Hudson Bay are two more standard maps to play game four and five on. Game 6 shall be played on another TPless map in Bengal, and the series shall be concluded on Yukon, the garden of treasures. With a mappool so diverse and with the counterpicking system, we shall surely see many interesting match ups and build orders.

Friday, February 19th:
Kynesie vs mongo10, 18:00 - 21:00
Kynesie has always held many titles; King of the walls, the true waterboy, mister Lag, the Admiral. Last round he has earned another title: Master of the coinflips. Unfortunately his series against umeu ended up being decided by a coin flip that kynesie won. Mongo10 managed to reach the quarter finals by narrowly beating Goodspeed 3-2 with some solid play. In any tournament match with kynesie the main question is, how many water maps are there? The good news for kynesie is that thereā€™s Indonesia, which could just be named kynesieā€™s heaven. Then there is Baja California which is a decent water map. Other than waterbooming, kynesie is quite good with Japan. The problem is that he will only be able to play Japan twice. If we add those things together, we see that kynesie can win 2 water maps and 2 japan games. Mongo simply has to win one of those games to take the series, but doing so against kynesie surely isnā€™t easy. We believe he will be able to do that though, thus we predict a 4-3 for mongo10.

Sunday, February 21th:
H2O vs diarouga, 19:00 - 22:00
Our supreme commander has managed to prevail once more, fortifying His position as the favorite for this tournament. Even though He seemed ready to be slaughtered by the hands of Mitoe, He showed us that we can never count the Waterboy out. While H2O has seemed invincible so far, Mitoe made Him stare death straight into the eyes by beating Him in the first two games of their series. He managed to set things straight however by winning the next four games in a row. Yet another challenge awaits our Leader as He has to face off against diarouga this round. Diarouga is said to have had the easiest bracket so far, playing against no seeded players up until the last round. Marechal proved to not be much of a challenge to diarouga, and was destroyed so easily in game one that he forfeit the rest of the series. So far, we have thus not seen much of diarouga at all. Last round he played a showmatch against Umeu to fill the downtime, and showed us that he cannot be underestimated, winning all games quite comfortably. Will the nerves get to diarouga, or will he be able to remain calm under the sheer pressure of playing against the Dictator himself. If thereā€™s someone to beat Ryan, it has to be diarouga. Our Indiarouga surely has to be content with the mappool, which seems very suited for one of his favorite civs. The bitter truth however is, that to beat Mankl himself, the stars have to align. The heavy snowfall makes it impossible to glance up to the sky to predict diarougaā€™s fortune. Thatā€™s why there is only one prediction for this match: It is going to be amazing.

Currently unscheduled:
LordRaphael vs Kynesie/mongo10
LordRaphael has been tipped by many as a serious contestor to take the title of Winter Champion. He managed to make samwise12 seem like a mediocre player, and showed us that not even the architect of strats could pose a threat to him. It is not clear who shall try to take him on, as Kynesie and mongo10 have not played their match yet. LordRaphael seems like the favorite against either of these players. Against Boneng he showed that his anti water player is immaculate, dismantling bonengā€™s logical attempt to water boom on Indonesia. Furthermore, LordRaphael's land play is extremely solid aswell, and he is very comfortable with the current top civs France and Germany. Beating LordRaphael is no easy task at all, but it is not impossible. It is in particular not impossible for players like Kynesie and mongo10. Which one shall try to expose the mortality of Raphael does not matter, as both players would make for an epic match up.

All times posted above are GMT+0
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Re: Semifinals Preview

Post by musketeer925 »

The bitter truth however is, that to beat Mankl himself, the stars have to align. The heavy snowfall makes it impossible to glance up to the sky to predict diarougaā€™s fortune. Thatā€™s why there is only one prediction for this match: It is going to be amazing.

I like the mystery. So much hype.

This writing just keeps getting better and better. Great work!
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Yeah really cool. I like the fact he wrote everything H2O related with a Capital letter, he's our God xD
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Where are the predictions?? Keeping your ignorant opinions to yourself is stupid and disrespectful!

RAGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

zoom wrote:Where are the predictions?? Keeping your ignorant opinions to yourself is stupid and disrespectful!

RAGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

typical zoi :) love it <3
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Post by mnogud »

sigh lord raphael has been the fav to win, he is definitely not an underdog
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Jerom plz try to get someone to correct grammatical mistakes in news posts <3
last time i cryed was because i stood on Legoļ»æ
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Post by mnogud »

ovi12 wrote:Jerom plz try to get someone to correct grammatical mistakes in news posts <3

could you point them out ? i dont see any
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

mnogud wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Jerom plz try to get someone to correct grammatical mistakes in news posts <3

I could be wrong because I suck at English but here are some of the things I saw:

aswell is supposed to be two words
You're supposed to spell out most numbers
coinflip is supposed to be two words
mappool is supposed to be two words
semi finals is supposed to be one word
anti water should be anti-water
counterpicking shouldn't be one word like that

These are some examples or what I think are straight up mistakes, but imo there are other things which make it look a bit unpolished. The posts are getting better though
last time i cryed was because i stood on Legoļ»æ
No Flag v1pus
Skirmisher

Post by v1pus »

Good job it's a community site for a game and not a job inter-view!
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Post by mnogud »

ovi12 wrote:
mnogud wrote:

I could be wrong because I suck at English but here are some of the things I saw:

semi finals should be separated by hyphen
counterpicking it's kinda a gaming slang so its acceptable
These are some examples or what I think are straight up mistakes, but imo there are other things which make it look a bit unpolished. The posts are getting better though

tbh these are not grammatical errors: wrong punctuation, incorrect use of words and incorrect syntaxes are.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

_H2o will win the tournament, ops spoiler!
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

why critcise the inglis if u can just understand it :)
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
India Nymphomaniac
Dragoon

Post by Nymphomaniac »

lol lordraphael vs kynesie or mongo will be completely one-sided in raphael's favor, unless of course lag or coin-flip :)
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Post by mnogud »

Nymphomaniac wrote:lol lordraphael vs kynesie or mongo will be completely one-sided in raphael's favor, unless of course lag or coin-flip :)

mongo is damn good. he will definitely win 2 games
India Nymphomaniac
Dragoon

Post by Nymphomaniac »

mnogud wrote:
Nymphomaniac wrote:lol lordraphael vs kynesie or mongo will be completely one-sided in raphael's favor, unless of course lag or coin-flip :)

winning 2 games in bo7 is still one-sided ;)
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Post by mnogud »

Nymphomaniac wrote:
mnogud wrote:

winning 2 games in bo7 is still one-sided ;)

nope
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

H2O vs the mighty IndiaNotOpCivRouga
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Rofl ovi...
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

zoom wrote:Where are the predictions?? Keeping your ignorant opinions to yourself is stupid and disrespectful!

RAGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

why raggguuuuuuuuuuu?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ragu it's me <3
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

mnogud wrote:sigh lord raphael has been the fav to win, he is definitely not an underdog

Not at all ā€“ he's a rising star aspiring to be the next Mongoose!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Oh the iron!
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

because the maps are chosen to be in his favor..
-We cant expect anything better..
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

ovi12 wrote:
mnogud wrote:

semi finals is supposed to be one word
counterpicking shouldn't be one word like that

I didnt know as well needed a space.. Why has nobody told me that in the past years....
Other mistakes are somewhat lame because the rules for that are vague and in all examples I think Id have been right in Dutch haha.

Next time I shall send it to a publisher to get it checked and send you the corrected version via pm. Might be a week or so late but that should be fine right?
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Jerom. I really enjoyed your writing above. Im so impressed of the fact that you do not have English as your 1. language. Very poetic, interesting and well written, Indeed (as inter would have said).
We are very lucky to have someone like you in our communety :P :P
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.