Announcing Treaty Titans Invitational - March 25th and 26th

No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Re: Announcing Treaty Titans Invitational - March 25th and 26th

Post by hunter »

sergyou wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Well ur wrong he just got massively outplayed and like u say often "destroyed " . Sabusa was really good and problably the best player in his prime , but now he is not and is pretty bs that a guy that just came 3 weeks ago gets a spot and me who are much more active than him overall was."haters gonna hate"
the game vs sabusa : https://www.twitch.tv/sergyou/v/53003535

even the last "team games " vs gichtenlord i did beat him but i agree that overall he might be a better player than me because i do some "childish" mistakes that do cost me games
Since it is invite only I think the people who host tournament have full right on deciding whom to invite and not. Let me be clear I don't want to take anything away from you what you deserve and not, you maybe a better player or not is a different issue, anyways neither the title nor the description describes that the invited players are top 4. " What we will have is some of the strongest AoE3 Treaty players squaring off in a round-robin style tournament ". "Treaty Titans Invitational" You may very well be a top 4 player still doesn't change the fact that sabusa is also a titan and one of the strongest player. Like I previously said after all it depends on who is hosting the tournament whom to invite and whom not too.
Jerom wrote: Garja is a better player than most of us here
Jerom wrote:Please don't bump old threads, especially when all you have to say is "lol"
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

should probably get some grudge or show matches going after this event. ^^
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

iNcog wrote:should probably get some grudge or show matches going after this event. ^^

+1

AoE drama best drama
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Can't we just be excited that 4 good players are playing in this tournament? Im looking forward to it! I think I'm rooting for Lukas although Im not sure yet.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

GO LUKAAAAAAS
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag _PI
Crossbow

Post by _PI »

Jerom wrote:Can't we just be excited that 4 good players are playing in this tournament? Im looking forward to it! I think I'm rooting for Lukas although Im not sure yet.

I shouldn't say this as one of the casters/organizers, but my personal bias is towards dicktator_. I'm always floored by how crisp his play looks across such a diverse civilization pool, and I'm really excited to see how everyone will do on the Treaty Fanpatch. I'm hoping for some excellent games that highlight civilizations that aren't usually seen.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

i'm rooting for gichtenlord!
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

I hope to see some new creative builds that weren't shown in the previous tourney
mad cuz bad
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

_PI wrote:
Jerom wrote:Can't we just be excited that 4 good players are playing in this tournament? Im looking forward to it! I think I'm rooting for Lukas although Im not sure yet.

I shouldn't say this as one of the casters/organizers, but my personal bias is towards dicktator_. I'm always floored by how crisp his play looks across such a diverse civilization pool, and I'm really excited to see how everyone will do on the Treaty Fanpatch. I'm hoping for some excellent games that highlight civilizations that aren't usually seen.

Lol I don't understand why casters think they need to avoid being biased. You're not refereeing lol
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Lol I don't understand why casters think they need to avoid being biased. You're not refereeing lol

Well do you want a caster who is totally biased and only stresses great plays by the players they're rooting for as an example? Obviously every person has slight bias at every time, that's human, but imo casters should still try to be neutral.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:Lol I don't understand why casters think they need to avoid being biased. You're not refereeing lol

Well do you want a caster who is totally biased and only stresses great plays by the players they're rooting for as an example? Obviously every person has slight bias at every time, that's human, but imo casters should still try to be neutral.

I will root for u
r]
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Lukas_L99 wrote:

It's weird if a caster is rooting badly against a player or for some player. Still needs to be objective and respectful. But having a preference is okay surely.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

briowl wrote:
KINGofOsmane wrote::DDDD

Surely there must be room for KINGofOsmane vs Briowl II?

It's always interesting to see high level sup players playing treaty, not to mention good for the community as a whole, and it was an entertaining match-up last time out.

For my part I note that you nerfed me pretty hard in the patch as I saw the blood brothers change (who else dropped BB in the treaty cup?) at the top of the patch notes.

This I take as a big compliment, but if you find some space for KINGofOsmane vs Briowl II, I'd be more than happy to continue my life's work of trying to make Sioux playable in treaty 1v1.

You have other players who are going to showcase the sioux changes I hear you say? Well, let me into a little secret... Briowl loves to build walls. He's so good at it in fact, that when he starts to think about how good he is at it, his head swells up and he starts talking about himself in the third person. Briowl hasn't even mentioned how good his arrow knight micro is.

Also, I promise my TC won't bug out this time, I'll have my control groups set up properly and maybe, just maybe, I might not delete quite so many vills this time. No promises though!

Seriously though I had a couple ideas which I'm keeping under wraps, but when I tested these my sioux boom almost hit 2000 on Andes. Now, that might be an outright lie, however I think the point basically stands.

KINGofOsmane vs Briowl II coming to a twitch channel near you soon!

haha
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Cometk wrote:i'm rooting for gichtenlord!

Gotta have Kitchenlord!
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

given server stability I would advise you guys are ready to play this on GR this weekend.
mad cuz bad
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

n0eL wrote:given server stability I would advise you guys are ready to play this on GR this weekend.

Would suck cause I can't play on GR for some reason (can join lobbies but not connect ingame once its started), I tried all the advice given on the site, didn't help :/
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Voobly ?
mad cuz bad
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Voobly is the superior service anyway

though i can imagine that the patch may cause issues, unsure
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Bavaria swedenpaul
Crossbow

Post by swedenpaul »

The treaty patch is a two sided issue:

One the one hand, the patch shouldn't be released before most things are balanced as far as possible (which is a hard thing to decide, when is it ready for publication/ when is it still not?). Because if there come later updates to the patch, many players will be on different versions of the patch, and for example old recs one an old version of the patch would be lost etc. This is imo the worst case scenario, as it results in total chaos and a bad reputation for any future patches.

On the other hand, not
Publishing the patch in the near future might end up in an angry community, as they're excluded from the few invited players. This is development might be supported by this stream event, where all the excluded players will see the few, exclusively unveiled ones having fun on their patch. So this could again cause the patch to appear in a bad light.

Anyways, it's a great thing that there is another official treaty event that may contribute to the rise of treaty in popularity :)! I look forward to watching it, and I hope the 4 candidates will not isolate themselves with their patch.

Let's have a good best of cup guys!
"If you want a perfectly balanced game, play chess." - Metis
No Flag _PI
Crossbow

Post by _PI »

swedenpaul wrote:The treaty patch is a two sided issue:

One the one hand, the patch shouldn't be released before most things are balanced as far as possible (which is a hard thing to decide, when is it ready for publication/ when is it still not?). Because if there come later updates to the patch, many players will be on different versions of the patch, and for example old recs one an old version of the patch would be lost etc. This is imo the worst case scenario, as it results in total chaos and a bad reputation for any future patches.

On the other hand, not
Publishing the patch in the near future might end up in an angry community, as they're excluded from the few invited players. This is development might be supported by this stream event, where all the excluded players will see the few, exclusively unveiled ones having fun on their patch. So this could again cause the patch to appear in a bad light.

Anyways, it's a great thing that there is another official treaty event that may contribute to the rise of treaty in popularity :)! I look forward to watching it, and I hope the 4 candidates will not isolate themselves with their patch.

Let's have a good best of cup guys!

Every invited player to this invitational has been part of the process of developing the Treaty Fanpatch. Three of the players are some of the primary contributors to our design/balance discussions, and all four have played multiple games on the TR Fanpatch.

Opening up the patch to the general population without a launcher and easy distribution method for future changes is not something we want to do, so we are going to use this invitational as a way to showcase some of the major changes in advance of the official release.

We are currently planning for an initial release relatively soon, but we do not intend to until after we can either integrate into the ESOC launcher or build our own.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Please, for the love of all things Holy, try get ESOC to include into their launcher
Garja wrote:
No Flag _PI
Crossbow

Post by _PI »

iNcog wrote:Please, for the love of all things Holy, try get ESOC to include into their launcher

Workin' on it, I've contacted Mitoe and Buckethead already. I'm willing to put forth the work necessary to get it done, it's just a matter of figuring out the small details now (and heck, once we stabilize the Treaty Fanpatch, I'm even willing to help out elsewhere).
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Sounds good, sounds good

This it the right move since it'll make it easier for treaty and supremacy players to hop around between the two communities if they want :)

this can only be a positive development
Garja wrote:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

iNcog wrote:Sounds good, sounds good

This it the right move since it'll make it easier for treaty and supremacy players to hop around between the two communities if they want :)

+1

Treaty players are also community :D
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Jerom wrote:
iNcog wrote:Sounds good, sounds good

+1

Treaty players are also community :D
REALLY!?
: o