Thank You!

Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Re: Thank You!

Post by KINGofOsmane »

zoom wrote:
Nymphomaniac wrote:isn't the idea behind a prize pool to attract players who won't join otherwise ?

This. That Finland decided to rejoin is basically just positive, regardless of the motive.

finland? erik and bsop good finland people indeed
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

KINGofOsmane wrote:
zoom wrote:
Nymphomaniac wrote:isn't the idea behind a prize pool to attract players who won't join otherwise ?

This. That Finland decided to rejoin is basically just positive, regardless of the motive.

finland? erik and bsop good finland people indeed

The team Finland, yes. What anyone thinks of the individuals that make up that team is frankly completely beside the point.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah I'll try to convince diarouga to stay, if I can't I'll try to find someone else for SW, but that would seriously reduce our chances
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah I'll try to convince diarouga to stay, if I can't I'll try to find someone else for SW, but that would seriously reduce our chances

get mr lag
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah I'll try to convince diarouga to stay, if I can't I'll try to find someone else for SW, but that would seriously reduce our chances

It sounds a bit unfortunate. Personally I hope diarouga sticks around.

Otherwise, it may be possible to envision a Coal and Steel Treaty between France, Italy, Germany and the Netherlands (there's also Belgium and Luxembourg, but those players are already on teams). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_ ... _Community

Though it would suck a little, since France did all the heavy-lifting required to sign up and now they would have to share the S Class spot they earned. I don't like it too much. Just throwing that out there anyway: it's up to you guys!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

KINGofOsmane wrote:Thank you Garja for everything

user was warned for this post

Lol wtf you were warned for that post?!
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

@Jerom , lol do I even care about 20 euros? Tbh if the rules were better and without the prize I d enjoy it a lot more.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:@Jerom , lol do I even care about 20 euros? Tbh if the rules were better and without the prize I d enjoy it a lot more.

can't be more agree with you diarouga, and kaiserklain,
i dont think anybody would give **** for 20 euro prize, it's just that they find it dishonest behaviour when they joined with their team, and left, but after seing the prize, lets come back With one of top 2 playes under our country, i don't think it's a honest behaviour at all,
the goal of event should be to have fun and play some good games where everyone fights for their nation or etnic groups, such as Nato,W-pact, and would hope to see more, we even played bounch of games with each other and they were pretty friendly series imo, the goal should been to have enternainment with friends not to take one of top 2 players under your country after seeing the prize imo.
ofcourse nato has players from every country i dont deny that but for my perspective in the next season you can just put some limit to the players that comes from outside, like each country can't have over 2-3 person from outside or stuff like that, thats what i think @iNcog
[spoiler=Hey]Sory it was too long :P[/spoiler]
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Next time it sure as hell won't be nation wars, just a clan wars or team war thing. :/

If there is a next time
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

How about Weak World with a huge prize pool. If lower players can't manage to be the best, they can at least be the worst. The best players are also able to be the worst. This would be fair because everyone would have a chance to win.
In all seriousness, there's never been an event held by ESOC where anybody could win. If it's complicated nay impossible in 1v1, I'm pretty sure it's doable in team competitions.
Now that would be great !
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Mimsy for President wrote:How about Weak World with a huge prize pool. If lower players can't manage to be the best, they can at least be the worst. The best players are also able to be the worst. This would be fair because everyone would have a chance to win.
In all seriousness, there's never been an event held by ESOC where anybody could win. If it's complicated nay impossible in 1v1, I'm pretty sure it's doable in team competitions.
I've been running a betting event with every tournament where anybody could win.

The only way to host an AoE3 event where everyone has a chance is to take all of the skill out of it, which defeats the purpose. It's not possible in 1v1 or in team.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Goodspeed wrote:
Mimsy for President wrote:How about Weak World with a huge prize pool. If lower players can't manage to be the best, they can at least be the worst. The best players are also able to be the worst. This would be fair because everyone would have a chance to win.
I've been running a betting event with every tournament where anybody could win.
You are right.

The only way to host an event where everyone has a chance is to take all of the skill out of it, which defeats the purpose. It's not possible in 1v1 or in team.
In team you can.
Well almost anybody with my example :
3 Tier-competition
1st Tier : from lt col and higher
2nd Tier : from 2nd lt to major
3rd Tier : from Corporal or Sergeant to MS

Each team has a sub-team for each tier and you can weight them. For example : t1 50% ; t2 35% ; t3 15%.

To sum up : a master sergeant could team up with a colonel. They would never play together but at the end, they would win or lose together. That's f****ing beautiful :')
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Goodspeed wrote:

The only way to host an AoE3 event where everyone has a chance is to take all of the skill out of it, which defeats the purpose. It's not possible in 1v1 or in team.

yeah right. Zoi is on futuredrugs lol, we can't win.

I think it's fun if you host events which at least allow for competition. Strong world has some, although with the challenge shit being a lower skill team is kinda stupid tbh because you keep getting challenged by unbeatable clans and thus there's no way to ever gain points.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Jerom wrote:I think it's fun if you host events which at least allow for competition. Strong world has some, although with the challenge shit being a lower skill team is kinda stupid tbh because you keep getting challenged by unbeatable clans and thus there's no way to ever gain points.

It's something to look into, but at the end of the day, this is also the case for a normal event. Only in a normal event, when you're beat, you're OUT. In Strong World you have the chance to come back if you want.
Garja wrote:
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

What a read wow.
First of all, i wanted to leave this event because it was so awful to get these games going, and still is. The tournament form is just not very well thought in my opinion.
When we left, incoq make clear in the same thread that we can come back if we want, because it's a community even afterall. Then Blackstar asked me if he could join the team and so on, wasn't sure about it still but he convinced me to play because we could have good games and most likely we would just win it. So can you stop your fucking whining already @Kaiserklein , grow some nuts instead of crying like a baby about how we're being disrespectful.
If it's disrespectful to play in community even then we all are being disrespectful I guess.

Edit: also I don't see why it's such a catastrophic thing to you even if we would just come back because of the prize pool? What makes it bad for your eyes? I think I should be rewarded for scheduling these fucking games with much greater amount of money, not just some pocket money. I don't know how poor you're if you make such a big deal out of this, like I think you're here just because of the small amount of money and now are bitching because you're team would get rekt so hard by us and you wouldn't get your 30 euros. Such a hypocritism.
>.<
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

What format would you suggest, Prince?
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

zoom wrote:What format would you suggest, Prince?

Small tournaments which lasts only for a weekend, this event could be streamed non stop. 2 day team tournament in other words.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

The goal of this event is to get team games (both 1v1 and 2v2, etc.) going over a large period of time with the idea that you don't need to hardcore schedule like you do in a real tournament. What you're asking for is a tournament, which isn't the only thing that Strong World is.

Normally you just spend 10-20 minutes on the forums setting up a team game which you'll play over the weekend.
Garja wrote:
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

iNcog wrote:The goal of this event is to get team games (both 1v1 and 2v2, etc.) going over a large period of time with the idea that you don't need to hardcore schedule like you do in a real tournament. What you're asking for is a tournament, which isn't the only thing that Strong World is.

Normally you just spend 10-20 minutes on the forums setting up a team game which you'll play over the weekend.

Spent over 2-3 hours just scheduling and played zero games so far.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

princeofkabul wrote:
iNcog wrote:The goal of this event is to get team games (both 1v1 and 2v2, etc.) going over a large period of time with the idea that you don't need to hardcore schedule like you do in a real tournament. What you're asking for is a tournament, which isn't the only thing that Strong World is.

Spent over 2-3 hours just scheduling and played zero games so far.

Play us big boy
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

princeofkabul wrote:What a read wow.
First of all, i wanted to leave this event because it was so awful to get these games going, and still is. The tournament form is just not very well thought in my opinion.

Well we had no problem at all to schedule our matches, the problem comes from you lol. You just probs didnt rly try to schedule seriously because you didnt give a shit, seriously we were able to reach S class before you played a single game, you kidding ?

princeofkabul wrote:When we left, incoq make clear in the same thread that we can come back if we want, because it's a community even afterall. Then Blackstar asked me if he could join the team and so on, wasn't sure about it still but he convinced me to play because we could have good games and most likely we would just win it. So can you stop your fucking whining already @Kaiserklein , grow some nuts instead of crying like a baby about how we're being disrespectful.
If it's disrespectful to play in community even then we all are being disrespectful I guess.

Thats just a big lie haha. You came back right after writing "What ?? There is a prize pool for strong world ?!?" or sth on a thread... But yea youre not here for the money :')
Also im not crying at all, as i said ill still play the event. I just find it sad that some people dont give a shit about sw, until they learn they can win money lol
princeofkabul wrote:Edit: also I don't see why it's such a catastrophic thing to you even if we would just come back because of the prize pool? What makes it bad for your eyes? I think I should be rewarded for scheduling these fucking games with much greater amount of money, not just some pocket money. I don't know how poor you're if you make such a big deal out of this, like I think you're here just because of the small amount of money and now are bitching because you're team would get rekt so hard by us and you wouldn't get your 30 euros. Such a hypocritism.
>.<

Nothing catastrophic, merely annoying. You see what you wrote lol ? You should be rewarded for scheduling xD ? So as I just said, the event annoys you, but you still do it for money...
Idk why it should be a shame to be poor, the way you say it sounds like an insult lol. Also for the record I probs have more money than you will ever have in your life, but thats not the point.
As I said I didnt know there was a prize pool either when I signed up, and when I learnt about it I didnt change my behavior like you did...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

I noticed map vetos are now a thing. Was there ever an announcement on this?

Also, with six total vetos per match, I think you could include maps like Tibet, and potentially more sea maps.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

Kaiserklein wrote:
princeofkabul wrote:What a read wow.

Well we had no problem at all to schedule our matches, the problem comes from you lol. You just probs didnt rly try to schedule seriously because you didnt give a shit, seriously we were able to reach S class before you played a single game, you kidding ?

princeofkabul wrote:When we left, incoq make clear in the same thread that we can come back if we want, because it's a community even afterall. Then Blackstar asked me if he could join the team and so on, wasn't sure about it still but he convinced me to play because we could have good games and most likely we would just win it. So can you stop your fucking whining already @Kaiserklein , grow some nuts instead of crying like a baby about how we're being disrespectful.

Thats just a big lie haha. You came back right after writing "What ?? There is a prize pool for strong world ?!?" or sth on a thread... But yea youre not here for the money :')
Also im not crying at all, as i said ill still play the event. I just find it sad that some people dont give a shit about sw, until they learn they can win money lol
princeofkabul wrote:Edit: also I don't see why it's such a catastrophic thing to you even if we would just come back because of the prize pool? What makes it bad for your eyes? I think I should be rewarded for scheduling these fucking games with much greater amount of money, not just some pocket money. I don't know how poor you're if you make such a big deal out of this, like I think you're here just because of the small amount of money and now are bitching because you're team would get rekt so hard by us and you wouldn't get your 30 euros. Such a hypocritism.
>.<

Nothing catastrophic, merely annoying. You see what you wrote lol ? You should be rewarded for scheduling xD ? So as I just said, the event annoys you, but you still do it for money...
Idk why it should be a shame to be poor, the way you say it sounds like an insult lol. Also for the record I probs have more money than you will ever have in your life, but thats not the point.
As I said I didnt know there was a prize pool either when I signed up, and when I learnt about it I didnt change my behavior like you did...

Yes, maybe i should've been more active trying to schedule games, but it's still takes quite efford doing so. Getting all the guys there for a 3v3, needs very much cooperation from both sides, twice I've got my boys into the lobby but others teams haven't got they full setup to play the games.

I haven't said that im not here for the money, I am here for the money and for the fun. The idea of making money from pure enjoyment is really nice, also the idea of making money out of a game that you like, even if it's small pocket money. I did give a "shit" about this event, otherwise I wouldn't have joined with my team to the event in the first place.

If you and your family do have great amount of fortune, good for you, even if I doubt that. Your posts made me feel you really need that money or something. Like why would you go on rampage about our team rejoinin' to the event.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I'm not sure why the money would be a big motivator for anyone..... I could make much more in 15 minutes selling my body than anyone's gonna make from this event..... Or get a normal job and you'll make the same amount of money in much less time
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

gibson wrote:I'm not sure why the money would be a big motivator for anyone..... I could make much more in 15 minutes selling my body than anyone's gonna make from this event..... Or get a normal job and you'll make the same amount of money in much less time

I do have a regular job though.

Didn't write it before, also I don't want veni's team to win this event without fighting for it. :twisted: