RO8 Extension and ESOC Patch Update

Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

RO8 Extension and ESOC Patch Update

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

RO8 Extension
The RO16 has already brought us some of the most intense series that we've seen this tournament, but some players were not able to finish their games in time. For this reason we have decided to extend the RO8 with one week to allow players to play out their RO16 matches and have all RO8 matches within the same weekend. We expect a lot of great games to come out of next weekend's stream!

ESOC Patch Update & New Addition To ESOC Team
We released a small update today to combat an alarming number of bugs which were present in the ESOC Patch. As mentioned in older news posts, @Rikikipu is now in charge of developing the ESOC Patch while @Buckethead continues to be useful in other parts of ESOC. Joining the rest of the ESOC Developer Team is @EAGLEMUT , who will mainly be working on the website and pursuing his mission of freeing the :ear: A list of changes from the previous version of the patch can be found below.

[spoiler=ESOC Patch Changes]
  • Fixed an issue where a misplaced tapir in the middle of the map was hindering players with the option "Easy Drag Military" enabled.
  • Fixed an issue where certain upgrades gave LOS to the tapir
  • Fixed an issue where the cost of one Howdah was incorrectly changed to 350f 250c. The cost has been reverted to 250f 350c.
  • Fixed an issue where the Counter Infantry Rifling upgrade from the Arsenal was also affecting Dragoons.
  • Fixed an issue where the Infantry Breastplate upgrade from the Arsenal was incorrectly changed to +15%. The effect has been changed to +10%.
  • Fixed an issue where the Russian blockhouse from the Chinese consulate spawned broken units.
  • Fixed an issue where the Tomahawk from treasures was snaring other units. This has been corrected and the Tomahawk will no longer snare.
  • Fixed an issue where the Iroquois Explorer would only grant a +10% hitpoint increase, instead of the intended +15%.
  • Recorded games played on the ESOC Patch will now be named "EP Recorded Game #"[/spoiler]

Second Chance Tournament
The Second Chance Tournament has officially begun and we've already seen some great series! I'm looking forward to who will crown himself the best scrub. As usual, thanks to everyone who donated during ESOC Streams! As of now we have accumulated enough to host another ESOC Seasonal Event. I hope you have all enjoyed this weekend's streams, and make sure to check out Jerom's RO16 Preview, as some matches are yet to be played.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: RO8 Extension and ESOC Patch Update

Post by EAGLEMUT »

EP EAGLEMUT Image
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Awesome! Keep up the good work bois.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

EAGLEMUT wrote:EP EAGLEMUT Image

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

pecelot wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:EP EAGLEMUT Image

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

here i was happy for a new emote but it's an [img]

omg
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

baited
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Will we see the new maps in a non-UI version, so that one can play rated on them? @Rikikipu
No Flag ronsu
Crossbow

Post by ronsu »

Having fatal error in Windows 7 after updating. 4 people with the same error.

And yes, I reinstalled C++. Any ideas?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

They are working on it. Nobody knows what the issue is.
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag ronsu
Crossbow

Post by ronsu »

Oh, ok. Thanks.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Finally an :ear: supporter gaining some power!
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Fyi: CIR is not fixed. Is important that everyone is awere to avoid an unfair advantage in a tournament game.
No Flag ronsu
Crossbow

Post by ronsu »

Any update coming to solve the error?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

We can only hope.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

pecelot wrote:Will we see the new maps in a non-UI version, so that one can play rated on them? @Rikikipu

bump

Also, why is the CIR bug not mentioned in the official patch notes? It's pretty significant and people should be at least given the awareness of such an unwanted feature. @n0eL @musketeer925 or whoever who can edit the file :hmm:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

pecelot wrote:
pecelot wrote:Will we see the new maps in a non-UI version, so that one can play rated on them? @Rikikipu

bump

You never play rated with me anyway. Nobody does :cry:
pecelot wrote:Also, why is the CIR bug not mentioned in the official patch notes? It's pretty significant and people should be at least given the awareness of such an unwanted feature. @n0eL @musketeer925 or whoever who can edit the file :hmm:

The CIR change is not mentioned because it's not supposed to be changed. Its continuing existence is a "bug" that will be fixed.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

You never insist, but I suppose you wouldn't have been a captain anymore after our last couple of games, had you done so... :hmm:

My main point is that it's that big of a bug that it should definitely be mentioned, ideally in the patch notes, since it regards balance. You experienced that yourself lately, right? :uglylol:
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

I also disagree in not putting that in the patch notes, is literally the single most important change, and not knowing about it is BO defining and extremely relevant in a lot of MUs.
Doesnt matter if it was or wasnt intended, what matters is that it is there, and not talking about it just put some people in a unfair disavantage.

someone who doest visit the foruns a lot can just read the front page the beatifull green leters that say it was fixed, and change his bo, and lose his tournament game.

-

just to be clear, i'm not complaining about the patch team, thats just a mistake, it happens. but what i find totally absurd is pretending that the mistake just didnt happen and cross your fingers that people wont abuse it.

(tbh, i like the change, makes heavy cav and arsenal play more viable, if india/sioux/china skirm are given the same option, its a nice change imo)

tldr, fucking update patch notes and front page....
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

@lemmings121 @pecelot

You are of course right, this is a big change that can swing games as I have experienced first-hand.
As you pointed out, those beautiful green letters are very misleading right now. The fix might still take some time, therefore I have updated the patch notes visible on front page to actually reflect current state of the patch.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

You know it's WPact when you see such a quick reaction :!: