Autumn betting concludes

General Discussion about the Second Chance event
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Autumn betting concludes

Post by Goodspeed »

Friends,

When yesterday's series began, umeu could already taste his betting victory. He was about 6000 points ahead of Jerom, and 30000 ahead of third place. He had bet safely, on every result where H2O won and even on LordRaphael's 5-4 and 5-3. With H2O as the expected winner, having 5-0’d Raphael in the previous tournament, something extraordinary would have to happen for umeu to lose.

But of course, something extraordinary did happen. As the series progressed, umeu slowly watched his victory turn to defeat. Jerom, having accidentaly bet on Raphael when he meant to bet on H2O (very lol), had 1000 points on both 5-1 and 5-2. His incompetence at placing bets actually ended up winning him the event when H2O resigned early on in game 6. Umeu, the taste of victory gone sour in his mouth, probably cried himself to sleep wishing he was as bad at betting as Jerom. A moment of silence for the poor fellow, please.

Zoom didn’t win, which is obviously a fluke. I’m not sure what happened there. He was doing exactly what he did previous event: He was eliminated twice, came back by relying on others' charity and snatched first place. This time his first place only lasted 4 matches though, and it was Jerom who relieved him of it. Demoralized, zoom went on to lose a lot of points 4 matches in a row and by the time he recovered umeu was in first place with over 40000 points. But zoom, still the undisputed king of betting, managed to secure third place regardless.

While umeu was crushing everyone's spirits Jerom sat in second, patiently awaiting his opportunity. With only 2 matches to go he was 26000 points behind umeu but he didn’t give up, no sir. Sneaking in a 15070 point win when Raphael 4-1 IrishFaithful, all he really had to do in the finals was wait for umeu to throw nearly half of his points on the wrong player. Jerom, tourney admin, news writer, top poster on ESOC, is our winner and takes home the $50. Congrats and well played!

Lemmings121 deserves a special mention for having won points in 19 out of the 26 betting matches he participated in, which is impressive. He finished in 6th place.
View betting history here

Autumn 2016 records
Biggest profit in a single match: umeu (SomppuKunkku 2-1 Mitoe) - 28450 points
Most unexpected result: LordRaphael 3-2 ageofkiller - odds 87.56
Most points bet on a single match: _H2O vs LordRaphael – 72216 points

Most points bet total: zoom - 109418 points
Most consistent better: lemmings121 - 73%
Biggest donator: zoom - 2000 points

To all betters, thanks for participating and I hope to see you all again next event!
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Re: Autumn betting concludes

Post by Ashvin »

that is one hell of a luck @Jerom , beer party incoming :lol:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

My signature has already been updated ^^

Only typical that the biggest prize Ive won was won by accident.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

LOL this write up xD goodspeed haha, congrats to Jerom btw :)
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

MEH. got shafted here imo. Mongo's games didnt count cuz mongo didnt go into game and resign after 5 min like h2o did -_- no fair.

but anyway, was a lot of fun. Thanks to GS for hosting it with his generosity and congratz to jerom for winning
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Jerom wrote:My signature has already been updated ^^

Only typical that the biggest prize Ive won was won by accident.

You are incompetent at spelling too it seems! :love:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

yeah, again why would you not count mongo v kaiser :sad:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Never underestimate the power of the Mancl tilt
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

pecelot wrote:yeah, again why would you not count mongo v kaiser :sad:
It was unfortunate especially since it would have probably secured umeu the win, but the series was illegitimate due to maps being skipped and free wins being given away, so I couldn't count it. Consider that counting it would've been unfair too, just to different people.
I considered counting both results as I have done in the past, the reason I didn't is that it would've been too much work. The system isn't built for something like that and because of the way I set it up and made changes throughout the years, when something out of the ordinary happens it's prone to error. Basically it's a mess :sad:
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

ggwp :P
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

We have a saying in my country: The one who laughs last, is the one who laughs best!
Good for you @Jerom . Goes to show how little one can predict who is gonna win and what the scores will be when a few of our best OP players can win on a "good day"
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Goodspeed wrote: With only 2 matches to go he was 26000 points behind umeu but he didn’t give up, no sir.

Surely with a 26000 lead and 2 matches to go, Umeu could have bet on every single result for both games and therefore not be beatable?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Not really. There is still the possibility to bet 10k on player X winning and if Jerom had bet on the right players while umeu had bet on every result, Jerom would have won also.
Missing the LordRaphael 4-1 IrishFaithful result was a mistake especially considering the odds were good, but of course that's all very easy to say in hindsight.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Jerom you're truly something
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

bromeu knows the game well to bet that accurately up until finals, damn
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Goodspeed wrote:Not really. There is still the possibility to bet 10k on player X winning and if Jerom had bet on the right players while umeu had bet on every result, Jerom would have won also.
Missing the LordRaphael 4-1 IrishFaithful result was a mistake especially considering the odds were good, but of course that's all very easy to say in hindsight.

ye i was a bit complacent with the bets in the semi finals. Overconfident i guess. Jerom didnt bet on 1 game so i figured he gave up or something XD. But still, im salty, cuz ryan literally told me he had given up after g4 (3-1) and he didnt really try anymore in the last 2 games, especially the last one. MEH

but it was great fun, jeruma just so lucky i guess
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Goodspeed wrote:Not really. There is still the possibility to bet 10k on player X winning and if Jerom had bet on the right players while umeu had bet on every result, Jerom would have won also.

i thought you can only bet 1k per result?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

britishmusketeer wrote:
Goodspeed wrote: With only 2 matches to go he was 26000 points behind umeu but he didn’t give up, no sir.

Surely with a 26000 lead and 2 matches to go, Umeu could have bet on every single result for both games and therefore not be beatable?

Actually if I hadn't bet the 10k on h2o but only 1000 on 5-1 and 5-2 raphael I still would have won. Not to claim I did any of that on purpose, I literally fucked it up by accident XD

Actually going into the betting I was thinking about a few different strategies to make up for the 6k difference:
- Bet on only one, maybe two results, that I considered likely. I didnt think it through properly though and wanted to go for two results but should've gone for 10k h2o and then one specific score, probably the one with the best odds I guess. That way if umeu had somehow bet 6000 points on something that wasn't that result (umeu bet on 7 different results with 6700 points total so it'd have been close) then I could have had a shot at winning that way.
- Bet on an unlikely result for rapha. This is what I in practice ended up going for haha. Betting on a result that wasn't likely and umeu would not have bet on it. Its probably a better strategy than the first one
- An interesting third winning strategy wouldve been to not bet at all. It's kinda the same as the former result, except that I would have won with more outcomes I think. Itd have lost to umeu betting all.

Note: this is all hindsight, I literally had no idea what I was doing and excell mostly in incompetence.

Also @umeu I've been busy so I missed betting on h2o vs mongo partially. Also, it wasn't really as much missing as much as I considered my odds of winning to go up if I wouldn't bet on the likely result then hoping the likely result wouldn't happen resulting in a pretty big loss for you. That was the strategy I believe.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

What happened in mongo v kaiser?
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

for the lack of faith in me you should donate the prcie money to me jerom .......
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

where's the promised bottle of wine?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

pecelot wrote:where's the promised bottle of wine?

The money hasnt been received yet. I have 72 cents on my bank account so I hope raphael will just let me have this one.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Rhino must have taken all the cash with his miserable farewell... :hmm:
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Jerom wrote:
pecelot wrote:where's the promised bottle of wine?

The money hasnt been received yet. I have 72 cents on my bank account so I hope raphael will just let me have this one.

Don't worry you will get studiefinanciering tomorrow