Organizational Update

United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우슀

Organizational Update

Post by n0el »

Some may have already noticed, but ESOC has undergone a small amount of restructuring in order to improve on some of our weaknesses and better postilion ourselves for future growth. We have eliminated the positions for moderator and admin as they were carried over from the forum structure and it didn't fit our needs. The new team structure is as follows:

Business team:
_H2O
Mitoe
n0el

Community team:

Edeholland – leader
Papist
Pecelot
duolckrad

Media team:

Mr_Bramboy – leader
MCJim
SirCallen
Jerom

Dev team:

Musketeer925 – leader
Buckethead
EAGLEMUT
Octanium
Rikikipu
tilanus
_NiceKING_

Map team:
Rikikipu - leader
Garja
Durokan
Kitchenlord

Patch team:
Goodspeed - leader

The members of the business team along with each of the team leaders will now represent all the decision making as a team. This was important to make sure all the functions are represented and have an equal voice to make sure their needs are satisfied. The Business team functions will be to manage the ESOC finances, set the growth strategy and work to keep the teams focused on the strategy set forward. The newly formed community team will work to ensure that the forums and discord are a fun place for users to visit and interact. The team has everyone in mind and is closely connected to the community.

Additionally, there are three team changes of note. duolckrad (aka duck) has joined the new community team. Also, we welcome back Buckethead to the dev team. Buckethead and the rest of the team have some exciting new projects coming in 2017. Jerom rejoins the media team after a short break. Jerom will work with the other media team members to ensure success in the coming 2017 tournament schedule. More on that soon!
mad cuz bad
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Re: Organizational Update

Post by edeholland »

Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Welcome back Jerom.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Why isn't musketeer925 included in the welcome backs? Didn't he leave for a while?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Legoï»ż
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

He's not really back in the same way he used to be. We are still close and he might be back to do some cool things soon.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Return of the Mankletator!

But seriously, I like the new structure a lot and am excited for Duck!
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

@Jerom looking forward to write-ups!
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Welcome duck! All hail our trashbin overlord.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

dietschlander wrote:@Jerom looking forward to write-ups!

I dont think i'll be doing the write ups.
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

So happy for you duck! :D
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Jerom wrote:

What will you do then? :|
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Jerom wrote:

Collon2OP :geek:
No Flag yakuza
Dragoon

Post by yakuza »

The new structure seems good. Mind it, it is a big thing from someone so revolting like me :P
"Also I fail to see why mods should be considered like gods, they're just average people who're here to moderate"
-[Armag] diarouga
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Who wrote the message in the OP? Who will be making moderating decisions, given the pretense that they do not exist?

I think it is important to ESOC, at this time, to ensure a lack of bias & personal investment in moderating decisions. Moderating on this website continues to frustrate community members, it seems. I would suggest—yet again—that every single moderating decision come with a short text on how to appeal a decision perceived as mishandled. Especially important, is that banning users must be done only when absolutely necessary, by agreement of all staff leadership.

I emphasize, finally, my appreciation for the entirity of ESOC staff, and my acknowledgement of theirs being a sometimes difficult task.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Dear Sir Zoom,

Feel free to rephrase your post in English which doesn't require me to devote 30 seconds into comprehending and I might consider reading your beautiful great work of both writing and art.

With the utmost respect & regards,

Bramboozle.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

zoom wrote:Who wrote the message in the OP? Who will be making moderating decisions, given the pretense that they do not exist?

I think it is important to ESOC, at this time, to ensure a lack of bias & personal investment in moderating decisions. Moderating on this website continues to frustrate community members, it seems. I would suggest—yet again—that every single moderating decision come with a short text on how to appeal a decision perceived as mishandled. Especially important, is that banning users must be done only when absolutely necessary, by agreement of all staff leadership.

I emphasize, finally, my appreciation for the entirity of ESOC staff, and my acknowledgement of theirs being a sometimes difficult task.

The moderating does indeed 'frustrate' community members, but not due to the reasons you mentioned. It frustrates community members because being frustrated and throwing a tantrum will eventually get you unbanned. The best thing to do when you get banned is create smurf accounts, then stop for a tiny but until you are unbanned. If it doesn't work the first time repeat it a week or two later.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

follow the leader @Rikikipu
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
No Flag yakuza
Dragoon

Post by yakuza »

Jerom wrote:
zoom wrote:Who wrote the message in the OP? Who will be making moderating decisions, given the pretense that they do not exist?

The moderating does indeed 'frustrate' community members, but not due to the reasons you mentioned. It frustrates community members because being frustrated and throwing a tantrum will eventually get you unbanned. The best thing to do when you get banned is create smurf accounts, then stop for a tiny but until you are unbanned. If it doesn't work the first time repeat it a week or two later.

Wow..!! never thought of that. great idea, man.
"Also I fail to see why mods should be considered like gods, they're just average people who're here to moderate"
-[Armag] diarouga
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

All have 3-4 people in team, then you got GS on his own :( xD
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우슀

Post by n0el »

Patch team has a lot of people but they aren't staff members. God forbid zoom is a staff member.
mad cuz bad
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

This is very much the subject of a large internal discussion that has happened and continues to develop, and the rebranding here is in large part an attempt to move in that direction.

It's very clear that there are a variety of moderation philosophies that forum staff can utilize, ranging from "very strict" to "shitposting encouraged" that have worked for a similar amount of Internet forums. It's very much about finding what works best for ESOC and we hope the users here can understand.

At its core, this is a grass roots movement; we're still figuring shit out. That doesn't mean we're corrupt or anything along those lines that some members might want to believe. In each of us there dwells the same desire to improve what is realistically the very center column upon which the aoe community stands tall. It's not an easy job, and everyone here behind the scenes wants that, in one way or another. We merely ask the community to work with us. The life of this game is fragile enough as is, we don't want to become any more separated :(
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Dear Sir Zoom,

Feel free to rephrase your post in English which doesn't require me to devote 30 seconds into comprehending and I might consider reading your beautiful great work of both writing and art.

Bramboozle.
Ryan "Mad Mankl the Mad" Mancl having outlawed moderators, who will be making the moderator decisions "moving forward"?

Banning is bad. Biased moderating is bad. Transparency is good. All three are important issues.

Last, I am thankful towards ESOC staff, and understand that its job can be hard.

I am terrible at communicating. My bad!
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

zoom wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:Dear Sir Zoom,

Bramboozle.
As Ryan "Mad Mankl the Mad" Mancl has outlawed moderators, who will be making the moderator decisions "moving forward"?

Banning is bad. Biased moderating is bad. Transparency is good. All three are important issues.

Last, I am thankful towards ESOC staff, and understand that its job can be hard.

I am terrible at communicating. My bad!

The ESOC Community Team will be making moderating decisions.

Part of this rebranding is to bring forth those issues you mentioned in our now active moderation policy: unbiased actions, communication before banning, and an increased level of transparency
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Don't trivialize the frustrations people have had with the suspect moderation decisions of the past. When you say something like this, it only reinforces the community disconnect problem
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

How am I trivializing frustrations? I believe in my post I indirectly admit the credulity of such frustrations. Please, tell me if that is how I came across. I'd like to be clear.

I'm trying to be transparent. I hope you'll be satisfied with the changes we've made as they are very much influenced by accounts such as yours. We're trying, we truly are. I suppose you can take that sincerity as you will and I hope you are earnest in your reply.